Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2016

14567810»

Comments

• Options

So happy for Murray. Said it before but he has worked so hard throughout his career to develop and improve his game. He's at a level that relatively few British sportsmen have reached, regardless of the sport. I don't think anyone could begrudge him even more than 3 Grand Slams titles, but he has three of the best ever in his way, at various points. Hopefully he can take this into the US and finally get the better of Novak over 5 sets again. Would be great if he could win the Ozzy Open before he retires. Even more impressive if he mangers to conquer clay at Roland Garos.

I think we're now at a stage where the big 4 are the big 2, and Andy definitely has a chance of beating Novak, especially as he's got Lendl back

Novak has an incredible record in Australia, and of beating Andy in the final there, it would be nice to finally beat him down under
  • Options
    It would be fantastic if Andy could move on to being a clear number 1.

What he's achieved so far is better than I had expected possible for a British player.

• Options
    Bet @buckshee is happy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    WSS said:

Bet @buckshee is happy.

ive literally just driven past his house.
  • Options

WSS said:

Bet @buckshee is happy.

ive literally just driven past his house.
  • Options

Will depend if he plays on for longer than Djokovic. They're both the same age but i think Djokovic is still quite a way clear of him.
  • Options

Will depend if he plays on for longer than Djokovic. They're both the same age but i think Djokovic is still quite a way clear of him.
    I think there's still a big gap between Djok & Murray, there's now just a big gap between Murray and third. That bodes pretty well and I would think that Murray can beat Djok in a one off final if they both made it there.
  • Options
    Djokovic is having some issues though.

Read something the other day that suggested he's got the yips on his serve.

If Murray can step up a bit in the finals, he could make that last and last....
  • Options
    Awesome result. Murray's mixed it with the greatest of all time for a decade which is an unbelievable record. For what it's worth I think he's playing better tennis now than at any time in his career. Good luck in the US Open Andy and if you meet Novak in the final I hope it blows a gale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray looking like he has moved up a level. Looking like a good shout for the US open.

Just watching the mixed doubles & Heather Watson is looking quite cheerful & enjoying her tennis.
  • Options
    Brilliant from Murray.

Love him.
  • Options
    Keeping Lendl is key. I hope today was a seminal moment and we are now entering the Murray era. Having a better second serve allows him to go big on the first. The improved serve, magnificent returning and his more aggressive play could see him topple djok in upcoming grand slam finals.

I don't envisage anyone other than djok stopping Murray over the next 18 months. After that players like Thiem, Coric and Zeverev may come good and mount a challenge. I reckon Federer and Nadals days are over.

Well done Andy, a real testament to all your hard work. England footballers please take note.
  • Options
    Heather Watson wins the mixed doubles too
  • Options
    edited July 2016

So happy for Murray. Said it before but he has worked so hard throughout his career to develop and improve his game. He's at a level that relatively few British sportsmen have reached, regardless of the sport. I don't think anyone could begrudge him even more than 3 Grand Slams titles, but he has three of the best ever in his way, at various points. Hopefully he can take this into the US and finally get the better of Novak over 5 sets again. Would be great if he could win the Ozzy Open before he retires. Even more impressive if he mangers to conquer clay at Roland Garos.

I think we're now at a stage where the big 4 are the big 2, and Andy definitely has a chance of beating Novak, especially as he's got Lendl back

Novak has an incredible record in Australia, and of beating Andy in the final there, it would be nice to finally beat him down under
    Nudger looks to be a spent force. Feds is still a threat on any given day but you have to think that with every passing tournament it will get tougher for his older body to get through a marathon grand slam tournament.

A rare chink in the Djok's armour this Wimbledon. A one off for now but perhaps a chance for Murray.

Until Novak or Andy prove otherwise you have to assume it's now a case of the massive one and the big two.

Raonic is improving and Wawrinka is a threat but the best of the rest are still a bit behind. Unless Novak seriously has suddenly lost it, we can expect half a dozen or more Novak vs Murray finals in the next couple of years and law of averages surely dictates Murray will win one eventually.

Either way, he'll remain probably my favourite individual sportsman.
  • Options
    vff said:

Murray looking like he has moved up a level. Looking like a good shout for the US open.

Just watching the mixed doubles & Heather Watson is looking quite cheerful & enjoying her tennis.

The Olympics will be interesting as well, especially as it's being played on a fast hardcourt and not clay

Well done Heather as well!
  • Options
    Murray is a fantastic player - great sportsman who has worked incredibly hard.
  • Options
    Just want to see him win a tournament where he beats Djokovic now, to truly cement his place at the top
  • Options
    I said if Murray's A game hadn't turned up in the final,
    another defeat was likely.
    Murray's serve was A+: not broken once and Raonic couldn't pick it.
    Murray's returns were A+: Raonic couldn't rely on free points.

There was only one break of serve in the whole match.
    Andy was superb in the tie breaks and never gave Milos a chance to get into the contest.

The next 8 slams over two years will take Andy to 31. (same as Novak)
    IF he stays fit he could win 2 or 3 more.
    Unless any of the young guns catch fire; Raonic, Thiem, Kyrgios ETC, it will be his Nemesis Novak Djokovic who stops him.
    Nadal and Federer are on the decline because of injury and age in Roger's case.

Ivan Lendl gives Murray the belief.
    Long may the partnership last.
  • Options
    Was only the one break of serve yet Murray got close nearly every Service game that Raonic had.

On the other hand, Raonic only got two break points in one game and failed to take them, thats the staggering part
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray's record against big servers is probably the best in the game, he doesn't give them free points and puts so much pressure on the rest of their games.