Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Best atmosphere i have experienced.

• Options
    Mundo is the real deal carts he just needs the right opposition in front of him he is huge at the weight and would stop degale Imo
  • Options

Mundo is the real deal carts he just needs the right opposition in front of him he is huge at the weight and would stop degale Imo

Foot work is all over the shop, as soon as he comes up against someone decent he'll be found out in my opinion
  • Options
    I feared for Brook after he was hurt in the first, but despite the obvious weight/power difference he taught GGG a boxing lesson in that fight. One of the best fights I've seen in a long time and it was a shame Brook got injured because GGG was finding it harder to beat Brook than some of the real middleweights he's knocked over.

Brook has gone in to a fight not only against someone two weight divisions above, but probably the best pound for pound fighter in the game at the moment, and come out with immense credit. I thought GGG was unnecessarily dismissive after the bout incidentally. There were a couple of times in that fight he got surprised by Brook's uppercut and he had clearly underestimated the Brit's ability to hurt him.
  • Options
    Oh and not convinced Hall didn't win that fight either. 117-111?? Not a chance.
  • Options
    So good to have Paulie on sky instead of Jim Watt (the fuck?) , really knows his stuff . His podcast is quality as well.
  • Options

Foot work is all over the shop, as soon as he comes up against someone decent he'll be found out in my opinion
    Only been pro for 4 years up until late last year he was being protected Imo

Speaking and listening to those who have been In with him sparring and in the gym, plus those Coaching him he finds it hard to get motivated for these fights where he has to stay busy before the next proper bout, it's frustrating him I think personally he should have been put in with someone decent already and until it happens we won't see the best of him
  • Options
    Rumors are that he knocked froch over in sparring and hurt him
  • Options

Speaking and listening to those who have been In with him sparring and in the gym, plus those Coaching him he finds it hard to get motivated for these fights where he has to stay busy before the next proper bout, it's frustrating him I think personally he should have been put in with someone decent already and until it happens we won't see the best of him
    Fair play, I haven't seen loads of him, so only going on what I have seen.

One things for sure, British boxing is in a very healthy place
  • Options
    Great night at the O2 and the atmosphere was amazing.

Brook showed what he is - a very, very good boxer with courage in buckets. GGG showed what he is - an absolute beast who punches as hard as most light-heavyweights, and maybe even some cruisers. From where we were you could feel the power of his punches and he doesn't just punch with his arms, he uses his whole body in a forward motion, straight right and then straight left - incredible and a honour to have seen him live.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Were the scales calibrated correctly when Paul Smith weighed in? No way on earth he's 12 stone.

I sat opposite him and Callum at breakfast this morning and he went up three times (full English each time!!) - not sure he worries too much about his weight now!!
  • Options

I think British boxing is in a healthy place in the fact that we have so many champions but I'm not really convinced of their longevity across the board. I think De Gale will stay around for a while as he's so awkward and weird to fight, Carl Frampton will be around for a bit, Lee Haskins got stopped in the amateurs by one of my mates (granted that was a long time ago and means little now) but he is only champion because of a weak division and he took his opportunity at the right time. How many fights against champions can you see our champs winning?

At Heavyweight we could be dominant for a period of time, assuming Golovkin fights Saunders next spring (which is a fight I'd love to see) we'll lose our grip in the middleweights and Anthony Crolla is in a nasty fight next weekend which I expect him to lose, Liam Smith is bang in trouble against Alvarez. Terry Flanagan is decent and I'd Iike to see him and Crolla bash lumps out of each other for 12 rounds but I'm not as convinced British boxing is as buzzing as others. We have lots of decent fighters in a bit of a downtime for world boxing
  • Options
    Yes Kell deserves credit for the way he fought, to be up on the cards is hugely impressive. But, I've been saying all week to my mates it'll end between 4-6 and Kell would do well to last that long. GGG is just a machine.

I agree with above post but more from an entertainment perspective. We don't have that many fighters who are "pure box office"
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Agree.
    We have 14 world champions. How many of them are the number 1 at their weight? 3 or 4?
  • Options
    Carter said:

I think British boxing is in a healthy place in the fact that we have so many champions but I'm not really convinced of their longevity across the board. I think De Gale will stay around for a while as he's so awkward and weird to fight, Carl Frampton will be around for a bit, Lee Haskins got stopped in the amateurs by one of my mates (granted that was a long time ago and means little now) but he is only champion because of a weak division and he took his opportunity at the right time. How many fights against champions can you see our champs winning?

At Heavyweight we could be dominant for a period of time, assuming Golovkin fights Saunders next spring (which is a fight I'd love to see) we'll lose our grip in the middleweights and Anthony Crolla is in a nasty fight next weekend which I expect him to lose, Liam Smith is bang in trouble against Alvarez. Terry Flanagan is decent and I'd Iike to see him and Crolla bash lumps out of each other for 12 rounds but I'm not as convinced British boxing is as buzzing as others. We have lots of decent fighters in a bit of a downtime for world boxing
    Totally agree about beefy next Saturday it's a huge ask the whole fight geared towards canello, it will be a bigger shock than Brook beating GGG if he pulls it off

As for ant I will be ringside watching him go all out to beat Lineares, the one thing about the British boxing set at the minute, from khan to crolla from Smith to Brook they are actively seeking the hardest and most difficult fights out there and believe they can win. Crolla was expected to lose last time out and defied the odds

Bellew got in with the banger of the division and banged him out

We have a real traveller input in the way the boxing landscape is being formed

Tyson, BJS, wardy and Lowe all either world champions British or commonwealth

Callum will win a title and soon

Talking with dave Caldwell and Joe g the fighters in their camp are on fire there's more to come

I just hope that it happens whilst I am close to the action on the 24th

We have world class boxers world class corners and world class gyms

British boxing is booming and will for ages

MGM offers a top camp away from home now and macklin is getting backed well to keep it that way

• Options
    Half thinking of going up to the MEN for the Crolla fight next week. Can still get lower tier tickets with a decent view for 70 notes and national express sale means you can get up there and back the next day for 21 quid
  • Options
    Anyone staying up for Beefy v Canelo?

I'm not - recording it and watch in the morning.

Expect a points win for Cannelo, if not a stoppage in around the 8th.

I like smith and generally always back a Brit but my irrational hatred of scousers and the fact that I love watching canelo , i'm afraid I'm looking forward to a brutal heavy handed performance from Alvarez.
  • Options
    Liam is extremely calm and relaxed I genuinely believe that tonight he may shock.thebboxing world, I am biased as I have a lot of time for the smiths a genuine bunch of lads from a great family with a unique story

Good luck beefy God bless and come home safe look forward to next week and congratulating you in person

• Options
    Nice photo nla and appreciate the boxing family and heritage but tell me you don't love Canelo?

Too strong.
  • Options
    Is that at Goodson?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or Goodison even.
  • Options
    Big fan of Saul mate I think he is the only one who can give GGG a real go,

I just think he is looking past beefy and has discounted him and is looking for the GGG fight

I don't think I have ever seen a boxer as calm and relaxed as Liam seems to be right now

Yeah it was goodison for the Bellew fight in July

I rate all 4 brothers highly and I can honestly say they are a really nice bunch,

In 9 fights out of 10 I'd have canello to win this but Liams style will make for a great fight, and he is able to absorb a punch, his power and speed have improved greatly over the last 12-18mths and he is a worthy and deserved champion in his own right, not much gets said about Liam he us not even given the credit here Imo

This fight proves that he has the balls to match the skill heart and power required

And if Saul is not prepared properly and remember there was concern he would not make weight then he is in for the shock of his life tonight

Let's go beefy #TeamSmithBros
  • Options
    I am so gutted I can't watch it I need to be up so early I just hope it's to good news if he does lose I just hope he isn't hurt and can come back stronger,

• Options
    Make you right about smith being underrated and doff me cap to him taking the fight - which he deserves. Big fight which he was after.

I have no inside knowledge that you do and I think it'll be a good fight. His power needs to increase (which is very good anyway) and he's a big lad. But Canelo doesn't go down. As I said earlier - points win for Alvarez I think. Just got too much for smith.

And don't forget the fight is in Texas who are all over Canelo.

A good fight beckons I think.

• Options
    Canelo will beat him.

Won't be surprised if Liam Smith gets a few early rounds as Canelo is a slow starter. This is a massive step up in class for Liam Smith and feel like if he'd have taken a few harder challenges before this fight he'd have had a better chance.
  • Options
    What a devastating body shot, beefy gave everything absolutely everything performance above anything I have seen him do but still not enough

Saul vs GGG is the only fight left out there for both fighters

Liam showed he is able to dine at the top table
  • Options
    Eubank jnr has given up the british title because his Dad is worried that he's so much better than any challenger he might really hurt someone!

Nothing to do with Eubanks estranged son being added to the undercard of course , ha ha.
  • Options
    Jr is a disgrace a proper fucking disgrace his contempt for the sport and his fellow pros is scandalous, Id strip the fucka of his licence

Don't own towels

What a wanka he don't own his own arsehole

Win that fight be mandatory for BJS

Arsehole fell out,

I love the sport of boxing it's whole artistry fascinates me

How these men go from being loving family men to absolute Warriors animals and back to gentle kind men,

Then every so often you get a cnut like Jr
  • Options
    Eubank is a bellend and would get knocked silly by BJS
  • Options
    buckshee said:

So good to have Paulie on sky instead of Jim Watt (the fuck?) , really knows his stuff . His podcast is quality as well.

@paulie8290?