Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Didn't think Brook had this performance in him
  • Options
    Jesus Christ Golovkin is trying to punch him into next week.
  • Options
    Fucking sensational stuff from the pair of them but particularly Brook. He's jumped up 2 weight classes you have to remember that
  • Options
    What a performance so far from Brook unbelievable
  • Options
    Whatever happens now, Kell has proved he's the real deal
  • Options
    Well that was a disappointing end.
  • Options
    Brooks eye was fkd in Rd 3 very sensible storage
  • Options
    That towel came in a round or 2 early in my opinion.
    Regardless Kell Brook is a fucking hero there. Quality
  • Options
    Brave effort from Brook. GGG peerless. Too good
  • Options
    Brook seems as happy as the crowd about that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Almost feels like an exhibition fight
  • Options
    Perfect stoppage. Galovkin was about to tear him to bits.
  • Options
    Golovkin had a right, Brook's just not a middleweight
  • Options
    I just found a stream, turned it on and the guy was being pummelled. Towel went in about 10 seconds later.
  • Options
    Golovkin gave himself a 3 out of 10 for the fight on HBO.

Imagine stopping a guy after 5 rounds and still think you were poor.
  • Options
    Loved the atmosphere, loved the anthelm, loved the fight, loved the timing of the stoppage.
  • Options
    Hats off to Hearn, excellent night of boxing, from the first fight of the under card to the main event was excellent.

Brook to fight the winner of Canelo and Smith would be great.

I'd also like to see Joyce v Saunders and winner fights GGG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WBC president says Brook was ahead on the scorecards at the time the fight was stopped, which is an absolute credit to Brook and speaks volumes about the fighter he is.
  • Options
    I'm not a boxing aficionado but I can't believe he was ahead in that fight
  • Options
    I had it that Brook had won 2 of the rounds, 1 to GGG and 1 even.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I had it that Brook had won 2 of the rounds, 1 to GGG and 1 even.

Exactly how I had it Rd 1 to GGG, 2 and 3 to Brook 4th even

Difference is that although Brook was up there was no way that would continue. His eye was fkd it was obviously something GGG was aware of and looking at the x ray of Brooks head the eye socket is well broken and his left jaw looks damaged

• Options
    I feel so dirty for saying this, but I think Malinaggi is a decent commentator and pundit. Called the broken eye socket quickly and made a lot of sense.

As for Brook, great effort and the right stoppage. No shame in that outcome and GGG was shown to be human at times. When Brook got clocked in the first, he was trapped in that corner zone and you could see GGG had the howitzer fists ready to unload, horrible power.

Eubank JNR telling GGG to come and fight a real middleweight on a facebook post....embarassing. Golovkin coming back over for BJS would be a enjoyable.
  • Options
    Is the eye an old injury for Brook ?
    Did Malinaggi spot it during the fight?
  • Options
    Yeah he did, kept saying he was not a doctor or anything but that looked similar to something he had before.
  • Options
    Always think Malignaggi is good on comms. Usually works for Showtime in the states so he's on a lot of the big fights over there.
  • Options
    Malignaggi is a brilliant commentator and pundit

That was a good 5 rounds of boxing. Sadly we all knew that would happen, Brook is an excellent boxer but the natural strength difference was enormous and he showed huge guts to carry on and want to carry on.

It also highlights how ridiculous the situation is in boxing where we have a guy who granted is a massive welterweight and probably a more naturally suited light middleweight stepping up because no one else will.

Undercard was pelt, I cannot believe Charlie Edwards was in that fight. He has looked good but light fisted in all of his previous outings and to have a Lee Haskins fight on as chief support was rank.

Callum Smith did what he does, looks square punches hard but I don't think he is the chosen one De Gale would beat him over 12 turgid rounds and Groves would stop him. I'm probably being overly harsh on him because of the level of opposition didn't excite him.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Did Brook and Hearn take this fight because the money offered was too good to turn down ?
    Wasn't history against Brook stepping up two weights ?
    The bookies thought it was a no contest, despite how brilliant Kell is against other Welterweights.
    I know the Irony is he ended up weighing in heavier than Golovkin
    But to be hit by a top Middleweight like Golovkin who is about 11Lb heavier than any welterweight Brook had faced is massive.
    because Brook has the heart of a lion, if Ingle hadn't thrown the towel in to protect his fighter, the next few rounds could have seen the end of Brooks career.
    Stepping up to Light middleweight 154Lb won't be a problem.