Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Farage wants a second referendum...

...if Remain campaign scrapes a narrow win. (16 May 2016)

"The Ukip leader speaks to the Mirror’s Associate Editor Kevin Maguire and warns that a '52-48 result would be unfinished business'."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Comments

• In 1992 Denmark voted against the Maastricht treaty and won the EUROs.
    In 2016' England voted to leave EU, will they win EURO 2016?

Wales also voted out, so they'll beat England in the final...
  • He probably still wants one because him and his party is now irrelevant as it stands...
  • His cv will look quite impressive.
  • Why at 10'clock on Thursday night did Nigel Farage say Remain were going to just win ?
    Was he set up by his hedge fund mates so they could make another killing ?
    before the Newcastle and Sunderland results came in ?
    Predicting the falling pound in the minutes before it crashed.
    So much disinformation from both sides.

• This is where Nigel Farage should go then: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
  • edited June 2016

In 1992 Denmark voted against the Maastricht treaty and won the EUROs.
    In 2016' England voted to leave EU, will they win EURO 2016?

err....No!.
  • I personally think we will have a wait and see situation. If there is a financial crisis, lots of job losses, broken brexit promises and general fuckup-ery then i wouldn't be surprised to see a second referendum come about, with very different results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nadou said:

Except that the broken brexit promises and general fuckup-ery won't become clear until we have actually left and it will be too late if people decide that they were sold a pup and want to go back.

Well we've already had one major broken promise on the NHS funding.
  • Nadou said:

This is where Nigel Farage should go then: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

1,466,533 and going up fast.

It's too late now but how stupid was it to have the vote with no acknowledgment that this was a huge decision and that the status quo had to be protected. The PL require 14 out of 20 votes to change anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let it go now and move on.

Which bit am I letting go? Scotland? 2% growth? Free movement of goods,services and people?

Or perhaps my life long loathing of racism and the far right?

All I can say for certain is that the petition on the referendum has gone over 1.5M today.

The petition site crashed last night under the weight of traffic. It is currently running at 50,000 new signatures an hour.

Those on remain who challenge this situation are not alone - far from it.

And this movement is made up of intelligent motivated people with a lot to lose.
    I know of a few people that have signed it as it appeared on Facebook, that didn't vote. In the future all votes should be via social media to make those that are too lazy/disinterested to head to a polling station.

Which bit am I letting go? Scotland? 2% growth? Free movement of goods,services and people?

All I can say for certain is that the petition on the referendum has gone over 1.5M today.

The petition site crashed last night under the weight of traffic. It is currently running at 50,000 new signatures an hour.

And this movement is made up of intelligent motivated people with a lot to lose.
    So the petitioners have superior intellect and motivated by self interest? By contrast Brexiters are right wing racist thickos with nothing to loose?
  • Why at 10'clock on Thursday night did Nigel Farage say Remain were going to just win ?
    Was he set up by his hedge fund mates so they could make another killing ?
    before the Newcastle and Sunderland results came in ?
    Predicting the falling pound in the minutes before it crashed.
    So much disinformation from both sides.

Because the polls suggested they would.

Either these people are in a minority, or they couldn't be bothered to vote, both make the petition entirely pointless, it's not going to overturn a referendum, is it?

You dont have to be British to put your name on a petition though... These names can be coming from anywhere in the world!!

Remain LOST... Get over it... You'd be telling us the same if Leave had lost!!
  • ...if Remain campaign scrapes a narrow win. (16 May 2016)

"The Ukip leader speaks to the Mirror’s Associate Editor Kevin Maguire and warns that a '52-48 result would be unfinished business'."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

There really is no comparison between Farage saying he will keep fighting for UK to leave the EU in the event of a close remain win and a bunch of sore losers trying to disregard a democratic result just because they lost.

Either these people are in a minority, or they couldn't be bothered to vote, both make the petition entirely pointless, it's not going to overturn a referendum, is it?
    Maybe they hadn't realised the referendum was happening poor souls. The first time they watched the news or read a newspaper, or even listened to the radio in 2016 was Friday. How can you expect to have voted. It is not even as though they extended the registration deadline to get more to vote. Democracy is a fragile and frustrating process but it is that or something worse, so get on with it.