Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron resigns

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy and Gaga apt names for a couple of gnat brains .. ((:>)

You're off your trolley today, Lincs.

you're a bit late to the party mush .. been lying in wait for a good snipe have you .. let's hear the considered opinions that you have @Oggy Red , or should that be Knobby Head
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Today?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

you're a bit late to the party mush .. been lying in wait for a good snipe have you .. let's hear the considered opinions that you have @Oggy Red , or should that be Knobby Head
    Seriously mate. If you can't handle your booze you should lay off it. Oggy is the least offensive poster on here.

You are just showing yourself up.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Seriously mate. If you can't handle your booze you should lay off it. Oggy is the least offensive poster on here.

2 things @shorthousegaga .. though I really resent having to explain myself to a waste of space like yourself

1) I am emphatically not (thank f**k) your mate
    2) I very rarely drink alcohol .. last one I had was a half of IPA in the company of @ElfsborgAddick in the Burnley Miners Club before last season's game .. pity you weren't there .. I coulda fed your sorry arse to the rabid Lancastrians
  • Options
    Where's that argument thread..?
  • Options

It's more like someone acting a bell, rather than an argument.

Yeah but we don't have a thread for that...hmm...
  • Options
    Internet isn't big enough for a thread like that.....
  • Options

micks1950 said:

I'll say again that there should be a general election before any negotiation re withdrawal from the EU starts .. 4 out of 5 MPs were/are in favour of remain .. How can we expect this biased self interested lot to play fair and oversee the UK's withdrawal in the correct manner ? .. all candidates should make clear before the election what is their position on Europe and be made to stick to it ..
    also, I have no time whatever for Boris Johnson .. however, given his skillset for negotiation and administration, he's the best of a VERY poor bunch to act as PM after Cameron goes .. he can be replaced later but not, please by Theresa May, the poor man's carbon copy of Thatcher

But the EU are making it pretty clear that they want the process to begin now in order to end the uncertainty as soon as possible - and they have no interest in delaying in order to help out the UK in any way.
    tell Juncker to go fuck himself .. this is our game and we decide the procedure
    Yeah, and they get to decide the deal we get...
    excuse the repetition but .. FUCK EM .. they sell us more than we sell them .. there's nothing we get from Europe that we can't get elsewhere .. UK was a member of this 'project' for just over 40 years, the way some discuss the issue it's as if the UK has been dependant on this bunch of foreigners since 1066 .. we thrived without them before and we'll do so again .. the only friends we have in Europe are the Poles .. read your history ..
    We have been formal allies of Portugal for about 700 years so I understand.
  • Options
    Oops. I see SHG beat me to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Thing is, their communities and sovereignties aren't being taken away. Their prospects are being diminished by austerity programs, but the illusion of an external threat is sustained by the most genuinely evil media campaign this nation has ever known

You tell 'em.
  • Options

Surely the Tories can only elect an MP as it's leader?

I think that's his point i.e in October the Tories will put in place a PM none of us voted in.
    Anyone who thinks they vote for the Prime Minister doesn't understand British politics. We vote for our MP. The prime minister is someone who can command support from a majority of the elected MPs (apart from a minority government, but it's the same idea).
  • Options

I think that's his point i.e in October the Tories will put in place a PM none of us voted in.
    Anyone who thinks they vote for the Prime Minister doesn't understand British politics. We vote for our MP. The prime minister is someone who can command support from a majority of the elected MPs (apart from a minority government, but it's the same idea).
    Are you seriously suggesting that some of the electorate are a bit clueless about what they are voting for? There have been some superb interviews on the news with those who voted Leave who've shown a massive knowledge of the issues involved. It's not as though leaving the EU is a particularly important thing for the country?
    Too much knowledge can be dangerous.....
  • Options

Are you seriously suggesting that some of the electorate are a bit clueless about what they are voting for? There have been some superb interviews on the news with those who voted Leave who've shown a massive knowledge of the issues involved. It's not as though leaving the EU is a particularly important thing for the country?
    If he's not, I am. Not all, of course not. But on both sides on any political debate there are those who know exactly what they are voting on, those whose entire knowledge is the tabloid version, and a lot of in between. And that has always been the case and probably always will.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

If he's not, I am. Not all, of course not. But on both sides on any political debate there are those who know exactly what they are voting on, those whose entire knowledge is the tabloid version, and a lot of in between. And that has always been the case and probably always will.
    Some of those voting Leave have taken cluelesness to a new level - they don't seem remotely aware of what the consequences are. You have to laugh ...
  • Options

thenewbie said:

Some of those voting Leave have taken cluelesness to a new level - they don't seem remotely aware of what the consequences are. You have to laugh ...
    Like I say... both sides. Of EVERY political debate. Personally I don't think anyone knows what the consequences are going to be for sure and that's why Cameron made sure to jump now rather than have to face dealing with what comes next... but we'll see.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

thenewbie said:

One of my favourites was a regular poster on my local newspaper's discussion forum who voted out so that we could "get rid of all the foreign students riding bicycles on the prom' too fast". Given his previous posts I am 100% certain he wasn't joking. Hey ho.
  • Options
    Difficult to get the mobility scooter out the way of those high speed foreign bikers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    God this Adele gig at Glastonbury is possibly more tedious than Portugal v Croatia.

Very few politicians wanted a leave decision in the referendum. Those that did are unlikely to obtain power, there is going to be a vacuum.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The problem was fairness - or a perception of fairness. Leave had behind its campaign Dominic Cummings - One of Gove's Spads and foot soldiers when he was SoS for Education. This man is ruthless, evil and about as big a wanker as it is possible for any man to be. He manipulates, lies, cheats and plots - but his style of campaigning was allowed to happen by a press too frightened of being accused of bias. e doesn't mind acting illegally and as in the Department for Education, when people find out what he is doing, he ensures all the evidence is destroyed and denies it! It is a tactic to cry foul of this much and early to create the conditions. Then the big argument for staying in the EU was the consequences of leaving - not because the EU was so great. But when the consequences were pointed out - PROJECT FEAR, PROJECT FEAR.

Dominic Cummings will take any opportunity to win - so lies mean nothing to him - he is well known for leaking fake information about Gove's enemies in Education. The conservative party got fed up with all this and got Gove out of he job, as he wouldn't distance himself from a modern day Goebbels. Cummings is all about stirring, using any card if it works -he is such a sad pathetic a***hole that immigration would merely have been a tactical opportunity for him. We saw tragic consequences of this rabble rousing during the campaign, but that is what he does. He doesn't fight fair - how the NHS broadcast and the battle bus was allowed to pass advertising standards is beyond me. But I presume the press were terrified about being accused of bias and Remain thought any censor would not go down well. But Cummings is a liar - he should not be allowed anywhere near politics.

Did you not think it strange during the campaign of these staunch right wingers promising social improvements for the poor? Another cynical manipulation. Cummings is as right wing as they come and cares not a jot for the poor. I think it is only right he is exposed.
  • Options
    Corbyn has now sacked Hillary Benn.

It's all going off.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

2 things @shorthousegaga .. though I really resent having to explain myself to a waste of space like yourself

1) I am emphatically not (thank f**k) your mate
    2) I very rarely drink alcohol .. last one I had was a half of IPA in the company of @ElfsborgAddick in the Burnley Miners Club before last season's game .. pity you weren't there .. I coulda fed your sorry arse to the rabid Lancastrians
    If it's not drink then I sincerely suggest anger management as your best way forward.

Trust me. It's not normal to react to someone like you have this evening.

I wish you well as a fellow addick. Get some help before it's too late.

• Options

Boris looked shit scared to me on TV last night.
    Theresa May should step up

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked terrified. Hardly inspiring after a victory for the campaign he was essentially leading...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjShkGCa4c

Basically, Cummings position was to try to convince the gullable that the NHS would be well funded after Brexit, whilst knowing this was not the case. Brexit could say these things, and say to the farmers and other groups who currently receive EU funding that they will continue to get it, because if a government was so inclined it could in the same was a pre Brexit government could put more money in if it wanted to. To make this seem like it would happen when he and every other Brexit campaigner knew it never would was reckless in the extreme. it was the most blatant electionering lie in history in fact and there has been a lot of competition there. But lies are a means to an end to this slimy toad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIYq5xMW98I

Nigel Farage - who was not part of the leave campaign but ran his own campaign has admitted it was dishonest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XTYfzd1I
  • Options
    The next leader of the Tories will be May. Over the past few months she has been altered sartorially and voice coached. The changes have been gradual to become . . . Thatch2. I hope she picks her cabinet wisely. The could be known as The Nuts Of May . . . I'll get me coat!
  • Options

The next leader of the Tories will be May. Over the past few months she has been altered sartorially and voice coached. The changes have been gradual to become . . . Thatch2. I hope she picks her cabinet wisely. The could be known as The Nuts Of May . . . I'll get me coat!

Yes I have noticed the attempted make over too.
  • Options
    .....But will she still get her tits out?