Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Reza. (signs for Heerenveen)

Comments

• Options
    boggzy said:

Maybe top 3.

boggzy said:

In the top 5 most despicable specimens ever to wear the shirt.

Who's the others then Boggz?
    Dont forget Richard Murray didnt wear the shirt.
  • Options
    Bye Reza... famous in my eyes by being the Charlton player whose name is quite like Rizla...
  • Options
    A player I will never forget.
  • Options
    Abiding memory will be the left footer against Leeds but doesn't make up for the headless chicken impressions for the rest of his time.
  • Options

Lots of hearts in the stands, somebody loves Reza!
    And the shirt too.. bit OTT! Do they not realise we were being ironic with our Reza ❤️❤️ ??
  • Options

boggzy said:

Maybe top 3.

boggzy said:

Who's the others then Boggz?
    Dont forget Richard Murray didnt wear the shirt.
    Cheeky!

Izale McLeod and Marcus Bent. No explanation necessary.

More that spring to mind would be Therry Racon (did not give a f**k - stealing a wage) and Roger Johnson (full of s**t, awful player and also stealing a wage) - thinking about it, there has been quite a few, it's depressing...
  • Options
    I was once told that if you have nothing nice to say, you should say nothing at all. So, Reza my leaving words to you are...

".."
  • Options
    I disliked him as a professional footballer so much that I've come full circle and am sad to see him leave.

Sorry for all the abuse Reza - I just thought you were more Pony than Red Rum, that's all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm just amazed that he managed to stay on his feet long enough for the photographer to take the shot.

Probably a decent footballer in there somewhere, but never gave a damn about Charlton and it showed.
  • Options
    I don't think he's going to be missed (unlike his wayward shots).
  • Options
    What a shame, I used to think Heerenveen were alright.
  • Options
    First saw him at Wigan and we all thought he was 'on fire' by Huddersfield and the hard work he put in getting sent off I just thought he should be fired. Hardly remembered and never to be missed which is the only time that i'll ever talk about Reza never missed.
  • Options
    Got one word for Reza.

'HOORAY'
  • Options
    Good news.

We will no longer seen the brilliant white Cadillac at The Valley.
  • Options
    Good riddance . He represents everything that is bad about the network
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Gutted :heartbreak:
  • Options

Called "The Prince of Iran", as he scored his goal on that Leeds match video - was that Steve Brown who said that?

The only Charlton player to score in a World Cup finals match.
    Dazzler will be gutted.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    :heartbreak: REZA :heartbreak:
  • Options
    boggzy said:

I gave you a lol but that was a bit strong!!!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

boggzy said:

Maybe top 3.

I like to think you sat there for a minute before thinking "No, fuck that. I'm moving that bastard up 2 places.. Make way M. Bent, you're moving back down to 5!"..
  • Options
    Living proof that you really don't have to be very good at all to earn a decent wage.
  • Options
    Great week : goodbye Sarr and Reza ( yes I know he'd already gone)
  • Options
    . ..how this bloke ever got close to being a professional footballer escapes me....to misquote Winston Churchill. ..an empty Charlton shirt was found on the valley pitch being worn by reza
  • Options
    He appeared with Lookman at the Junior Red's 'Meet the players' event a few months ago. He was very charming and kind to the kids and seemed to be well liked by Lookman and said good things about his team mates. He also spoke about his childhood and his desire to play football and I got the impression that he is living his dream - by being able to do this for a living.

He is, probably, a good man but I can't help feeling that his talent has enabled him to live a lifestyle that would only have been afforded the very best footballers in the world twenty years ago. It is probably this fact that makes us judge us to harshly.

He wasn't, realistically, good enough for the Championship, for what ever reason. He clearly didn't like being here, for what ever reason. I am not going to say that I don't wish him well and he only wanted the contract he was given to be honoured, but I can't help feeling that his contribution was outrageously mismatched with the money he cost us. In truth this situation only came about because those running our club believed that a Standard Liege reject would be good enough for the Championship, something that few Charlton fans believed then and even fewer believe now.

I hope he does ok in Holland, but the evidence would suggest that he will not be any more popular when he leaves there than he is with Charlton fans.

In the end I think the blame must rest with those that award the long term contracts to players like this - heaven knows Reza is not the only player we've signed and then realised shouldn't be anywhere near our first team.

That goal at Leeds was great though!
  • Options
    Anyone seen this?

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/reza-in-web-duchatelet-gebeurden-bizarre-dingen.htm

About his time here: "Really, there bizarre things happened. I was played by how the game at any given time. It had little to do with football. I'm not going to moan about, it was a beautiful experience. But it did not work out as I had hoped."

Someone that speaks the language might be about to translate it better than google. The "it had little to do with football" is interesting though.