Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shout out for the egg chasers of England

Great backs to the wall performance I have been told. I say "been told" because I can't find highlights anywhere on other channels! Thanks you cnuts at Sky!

Comments

• Great win
  • muchas gracias Callum
  • The improvement in Owen Farrell is immense .. seems that he's glad to no longer have the burden of his father on the coaching team .. the England team personnel varies little from Lancaster's underperformers .. proof' if proof were ever needed that the coach/manager of a team can make a whole world of difference ..
    However having also watched New Zealand demolish Wales for the second weekend on the trot, England would be unlikely to beat them right now, despite their new found grit, skill and sheer bloody mindedness. The All Blacks are just lethal, even better than when 'offside' McCaw was leading them to consecutive World Cups
  • Amazing defensive performance, huge series win at the end of a long year for the rugby boys
  • For Farrell, the biggest thing is not playing at number 10. IMHO it was his decision making that wasn't up to it in that role. He can concentrate on his own game now, with much less pressure.
  • The quality of the late subs must have totally demoralised the Aussies, and we stepped up a gear.
  • Such fantastic discipline. Miniscule penalty count in the key areas and with such little posession.
    Arise Sir Eddie Jones. What a turnaround.

Thanks Callum - listened live on the radio but absorbing watching.
  • Such fantastic discipline. Miniscule penalty count in the key areas and with such little posession.

Obviously, as someone who would support a different national team, I wouldn't want to see this happen (it's probably just sour grapes), but....

Apparently the Australian rugby players felt that he brings quick success, but that struggles to sustain it.

I don't want to make any comparisons, but I do hope that that nice Dr Carneiro doesn't get herself a job with the England rugby team. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

Obviously, as someone who would support a different national team, I wouldn't want to see this happen (it's probably just sour grapes), but....

Apparently the Australian rugby players felt that he brings quick success, but that struggles to sustain it.

I don't want to make any comparisons, but I do hope that that nice Dr Carneiro doesn't get herself a job with the England rugby team. :smiley:
    Fair points NI. but his performance with the Japanese team strongly suggests otherwise. As one who followed his time with them very closely, he was nothing short of a genius in the way he managed expectations, players and tactics.

Anyway, who on earth listens to anything Australian rugby players say?
    ;-)
  • Laugh at how the Aussies always target a perceived weakness in our squad, ie cheating. This time it was our prop pushing sideways but their loosehead did it every scrum unpunished.
  • Good job the National Anthem saw the boys through to the end, eh Marty?
  • A great series win, but a shame that it's almost passed unnoticed, due to the lack of terrestrial coverage and the Euros
  • edited June 2016

A great series win, but a shame that it's almost passed unnoticed, due to the lack of terrestrial coverage and the Euros

Absolute disgrace. Just about sums up sport money and TV. It's not as if it bloody clashes time wise with the Euros!!
  • Missed the game today, looking forward to seeing the highlights.
    This is a fantastic achievement from Eddie Jones and his England team.

Farrell seems to do better at 12 than 10 and his penalty kicking is required as Ford while never quite as good has lost his mojo in recent games.

Itoje is a joy to watch. He seems to win ball at breakdowns that I've never seen a second row win before, he's more like a flanker despite his height. I thought Courtney lanes was a good second row but can't get a look in at the moment.

Haskell seems to have had a great couple of games.

Second in the world now after the kiwis. After such a poor effort in the World Cup, well played. Keep on it.
  • There's something very special about Eddie Jones.

Best coach in world rugby imo
  • I really rate Pat Lam as a coach (Connacht winning Pro 12 is seriously impressive when you consider relative resources).
  • I really rate Pat Lam as a coach (Connacht winning Pro 12 is seriously impressive when you consider relative resources).

Not as impressive as Japan beating South Africa, surely? ;-)

Not as impressive as Japan beating South Africa, surely? ;-)
    Right up there with the greatest sporting moments of all time (I cut a sad figure, roaring at the TV).

But I still think Lam is right up there, and will be a top international coach sooner rather than later.
  • Sponsored links:

• it was great best moment was when the Aussies thought they had gone over. And as singing you thought you had scored brilliant
  • Super Mario has not lost a single game all season he has started. That is just amazing.

Great defence yesterday, like the great England team before you have a core group from one team in this case saracens, back then it was leicester.

Still need to add some flair before we can truly take on NZ.
  • A great series win, but a shame that it's almost passed unnoticed, due to the lack of terrestrial coverage and the Euros

Absolute disgrace. Just about sums up sport money and TV. It's not as if it bloody clashes time wise with the Euros!!
    the reason that non 6 nations rugby gets little coverage on the BBC is because Sky has the rights to all the other international games .. the BBC is becoming adept at pushing to one side anything that does not suit its agenda and those events which it does not have the rights to broadcast .. pretty shameful really
  • edited June 2016

A great series win, but a shame that it's almost passed unnoticed, due to the lack of terrestrial coverage and the Euros

the reason that non 6 nations rugby gets little coverage on the BBC is because Sky has the rights to all the other international games .. the BBC is becoming adept at pushing to one side anything that does not suit its agenda and those events which it does not have the rights to broadcast .. pretty shameful really
    Nowt to do with agenda. Tories are constantly attacking the Beeb and its budget (with no real mandate) in order to promote Dave's mate Muroch and his hold on UK media. Foreign ownership of media undermines our democracy and should be % restricted by law.
  • Ah yes. Forgot to bame them there Tory toffs!
  • Super Mario has not lost a single game all season he has started. That is just amazing.

Great defence yesterday, like the great England team before you have a core group from one team in this case saracens, back then it was leicester.

Still need to add some flair before we can truly take on NZ.

Agree.

Itoje is a beast.

Still away off the All Blacks, but it's coming together. Hopefully we'll still be in good shape for Japan 2019.
  • Enjoyed that!

I thought they had to pay to use footage from other broadcasters? Same reason Sky don't have highlights from the Euros? Except Sky and dear Uncle Rupert are not under enormous pressure from a right wing government to justify every penny? I genuinely don't know this for certain, so I will be happy to hold my hands up if my thoughts are wrong guys.
  • There's many reasons why Rebecca brooks is actively working for Roop's best interests. It's right that the BBC should be curtailed and that sky should be able to control access to entire sports like rugby and cricket, isn't it Dave. How's the horse riding in chipping Camden going? Bit wild?

What agenda? And what has it pushed aside to suit it?