Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would change your mind on renewing?

Was just thinking to myself about the positive changes we've made so far this summer, with Slade coming in, 2 decent signings and more being linked. Yet I'm still in a position of categorically not renewing.
What would make you renew? An announcement is made and you just think, you know what, I'll do it. I know Roland selling will obviously be a popular response, but let's say he were to come out with a statement saying that should we achieve promotion next season he'd sell. Which we'd see backed up with more good signings in the coming months.
I think that I personally would be extremely tempted at that point, but would more than likely wait for the general concensus of other fans and CARD etc. to respond.

Comments

• Options
    It is KM going for me plus starting the season with a decent squad.
  • Options
    Roland Out or no return.
  • Options
    I go back to uni in September so I am that much further away and wouldn't be getting a season ticket anyway. So is easy for me to talk.

I will say this one anyone reconsidering. Wait and see what the squad composition is come he first game of the season. I fully expect it to be the same as the last 2 years:

12/13 decent players
    5/6 punts
    the rest made up of youth players.

Followed up by the usual deadline day "we had 2 or 3 deals ongoing but we couldn't quite get them across the line in time"

We will start well and if we have the right fitness setup clever use of the loan market and a bit of luck we will probably be okay. But if not we will have the usual mid season slump.

I would love for this to be proved wrong and us to have a full squad come September. But I doubt it.

For me Katrien and Roland both need to go. I will still go to the odd game if I can get there and if there is a big protest planned as it's just what I do. I can't not go.
  • Options

Roland Out or no return.

Same here. Doesn't matter now if we make another half a dozen great signings and keep the nucleus of a strong squad together - Roland's got to go before I will ever renew. Not to say I might not see a game or two, but season ticket? Never, not with this lot at the reins.
  • Options
    I expect an awful lot of people out there are nowhere near as hard line as many people on this board.

We have a proper manager. A few more decent signings, and come August when the football bug starts calling, it'll be very hard to not renew..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ticket office are right on this. I got a phone call today from a lady in the ticket office and after confirming who I was the next few lines was her telling about the new manager and if I had seen the news about our 2 signings in past 2 days. The next line from her..."So have you thought about renewing your season ticket..."

Nice try, but still in the 'not renewing' camp...KM HAS to go and then a thought may flicker in my mind but as soon as RD sells up, count me in.
  • Options
    Putting aside for a second the minor fact that I will not renew while douchebag and Liar remain in charge, I have absolutely no desire to fork out nearly 10% more than I did last year to commit to watch 23 games of league 1 football regardless of who our manager or signings are. So I'm sorry but I'm still out.

Anyone who falls for the two signings malarkey is deluded. We've yet to see the clear out. Goodness knows who Novak and Rickie will be playing with.
  • Options
    I won't buy a season ticket while RD - or members of his family - own the club.
  • Options
    Katrien getting the sack and an experienced football person appointment to replace it.
  • Options
    Markg2004 said:

The ticket office are right on this. I got a phone call today from a lady in the ticket office and after confirming who I was the next few lines was her telling about the new manager and if I had seen the news about our 2 signings in past 2 days. The next line from her..."So have you thought about renewing your season ticket..."

Nice try, but still in the 'not renewing' camp...KM HAS to go and then a thought may flicker in my mind but as soon as RD sells up, count me in.

Reports like this make me think this is it and that future signings will be underwhelming. Its almost like "Right, appoint an English manager, couple of British signings, then ramp up the marketings calls, the stupid customers will be gullible enough to believe its gonna be Chris Powell Mk2and everything is going to be rosy". Or am I just a cynical sod?!
  • Options
    If they leave
  • Options
    The change in direction is most welcome and the signings are good ones. For me to renew it will require us to retain the majority of our current 1st team. These are the players that proved that their best is league 1 level. We need to improve not only that team, but the whole squad to get back up. 22 to 24 players + the kids is sufficient, but the whole squad needs to be of that level.

I think it is reasonable for the club to make £5 million in sales. Gudders should fetch at least £3m, and Cousins £2m. If not him, then two or three others.

If this is the position at the start of the season I will renew.

I would add that if the club had any sense, when they have completed the squad they would repeat the initial offer too renewals and give the £25 back to the others. If the offer came with a public apology and a statement of intention I think they would tempt a lot back.
  • Options
    Until Roland goes - 'This lady's not for turning'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Duchahetelet Meire and Murray going. Not back til then
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It will be interesting to see the squad we have at the end of the transfer window, whether it is strong enough not only to challenge, but walk through this division and the next one a la Southampton / Norwich / Bournemouth, juries out for me.

I know people want Roly and KM out the door, and I don't disagree, but have we even sorted out our fitness and medical team yet, let alone the playing staff?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2016
    Make no bones about it, these signings are welcome and are a chink of light BUT should we see the (expected) departures of: Tex, Fox, Cousins, JBG, Watt, Lookman and Vetokele then we still need 7 signings to stand still in terms of numbers.

Add into that Fanni and Motta and the extra years added to Jacko's age we still need at least 10 signings that have to be first teamers from Day One to compete.

We're miles behind where we need to be and its down to "them".

We had it OK when we had better players in the league above many moons ago - they destroyed it and I won't be buying a ST until we are at least at parity with that season or they leave.
  • Options
    I have to admit that it hurts not having a season ticket - Katrien goes and I return like a shot! Call me fickle, but that is my line in the sand.
  • Options
    The rebuilding of our club from top to bottom, filling the vacancies with knowledgeable people to replace the good Charlton people they sacked or 'moved on'; the sacking of incompetent Meire; and the selling of the club by RD. All of the rebuilding can only start, in my opinion, when RD has sold up, so that first and foremost.
  • Options
    Come this time of the season I knew that I would have trouble not renewing my Charlton Season ticket. So I have bought a Welling Season ticket. I can still go and watch the Charlton U18s and U21s and I am giving money to my local Club Welling. I am still a huge Charlton fan and will miss my visits to the Valley. But I made a vow to boycott the Valley while RD and Meire are there and will keep to it.
  • Options
    If we were still in the Championship we would greet the new signings as 'interesting' and 'could do a job' and 'a bit of a point' or 'a good squad addition '. Now we're relegated and desperate many are greeting these signings like the second coming.
    Remember we will soon be watching a lot of good players leaving.
    If this regime made season tickets much much cheaper it would be a good move, and personally I don't care how our prices compare with other clubs, we are not after floating support, but holding on to what we have.
  • Options
    When Roland sellzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    If the club release a statement like the below I will buy a season ticket just to see TW tear up league one...

'As mentioned before the board are keen to show fans that we have learnt from mistakes made last season. This includes ensuring that we benefit the most from players contracted to Charlton next season rather than other clubs. Although in football all players have a price we can make fans aware that fans favourite Tony Watt will not be leaving the club during the 2016/17 season unless we receive a bid in excess of £4m. We now have a manager who we believe can get the best out of Tony and are looking forward to having him back from injury and available for Russell to select as we aim to return to the Championship at the first attempt.'
  • Options
    WSS said:

Make no bones about it, these signings are welcome and are a chink of light BUT should we see the (expected) departures of: Tex, Fox, Cousins, JBG, Watt, Lookman and Vetokele then we still need 7 signings to stand still in terms of numbers.

Add into that Fanni and Motta and the extra years added to Jacko's age we still need at least 10 signings that have to be first teamers from Day One to compete.

We're miles behind where we need to be and its down to "them".

We had it OK when we had better players in the league above many moons ago - they destroyed it and I won't be buying a ST until we are at least at parity with that season or they leave.

This for me. They've been massively incompetent with signings previously

Plus we're playing catch up. We also need a whole new team to clear the decks. When yoi get relegated so poorly, you don't want some of those players still at the club (Ba for example), as they remind you of how shit it was