Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portugal v Iceland

Another assist by JBG 1-1

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    We're all on the other thread mate. :smile:
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking that this the first time a supermarket chain has entered the Euros?
  • Options

Thanks Silly, moderator please close this thread
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Thanks Silly, moderator please close this thread
    But this thread is still so young...
  • Options
    I have sweated blood for this thread... please don't waste all my hard wor... ok then!
  • Options
    Great stuff,JBG.Hope we can keep you.
    Apparently,8.5% of Iceland's population has travelled to France to support their team.
    And 15 of the 22 Iceland team were born within 20 miles of each other.
    Fascinating,Captain.
  • Options
    9/10th below the surface on the other thread and 1/10th above on this thread.
  • Options
    The tip of the IcelandBerg Gudmonsson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wait Rose... What about that other Lidl team at the World Cup?
  • Options
    Keep these puns coming... Every little helps.
  • Options
    Although it's in France I don't care for these puns.
  • Options
    I heard that Michael Morrison was due to represent Iceland but Supermarket image rights got in the way!!
  • Options
    I saw Ronaldo play at the Valley for Manchester United against US in the Premier League...

I will try and convince my grandchildren in a few years time as we languish in the lower leagues!
  • Options

I saw Ronaldo play at the Valley for Manchester United against US in the Premier League...

I remember that quite clearly too. Think he spent more time falling over and rolling around on the floor than actually playing though.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But not against Iceland :smile:
  • Options

I will try and convince my grandchildren in a few years time as we languish in the lower leagues!

Seem to remember after the 2006 World Cup where he got Rooney sent off, we had United as our first home game. He was booed and jeered throughout. Absolutely showed us up though, and we know how that season ended...
  • Options

Seem to remember after the 2006 World Cup where he got Rooney sent off, we had United as our first home game. He was booed and jeered throughout. Absolutely showed us up though, and we know how that season ended...
    Remember English fans all promising that they'd heckle Ronaldo throughout the season yet it was only Charlton who made any effort!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Despite his brilliance as a footballer, there is something utterly charmless and unedifying about Ronaldo. Look at his comments to the press after the game, and his petulant behaviour at the final whistle and tell me that that isn't the behaviour of a spoilt child?

A real statesmen of the game, would have congratulated the Icelanders, on what is by any measure an outstanding achievement, and then left them to enjoy their moment in the sun.

For your information Ronnie, Portugal has a population around 32 times greater than Iceland, so it is hardly surprising that they aren't overflowing with attacking talent, though having said that neither are the Portugese, with your own petulant posturing and Nani continuing his best/worst Bruno Mars impersonation.
  • Options
    Ah, I suddenly came over all nostalgic with that clip of Ronaldo getting dumped on his arse by Kish