Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Young (Alive and well and performing at the O2)

Seeing the great man at the O2 tomorrow. Was lucky enough to see him at Hyde Park two years ago and he was brilliant. Anyone else going or have any memories of seeing him live or particular favourite songs?

Comments

• Options
    F@@k me. Thought this was another RIP thread.

Rust Never Sleeps album is a particular favourite of mine.
  • Options
    Legend
  • Options
    edited June 2016

F@@k me. Thought this was another RIP thread.

Rust Never Sleeps album is a particular favourite of mine.

Thread title now edited!
  • Options
    Will be there tomorrow night. Last saw him in 2004 when he did the Greendale album and was alone but did all his old stuff as well. Was fantastic at Hammersmith Odeon. My favourite male artist. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Will be there tomorrow night. Last saw him in 2004 when he did the Greendale album and was alone but did all his old stuff as well. Was fantastic at Hammersmith Odeon. My favourite male artist. Looking forward to it.

Cool. Have you listened to 'The Monsanto Years' yet?
  • Options
    1993 Finsbury Park with Pearl Jam, Teenage Fanclub & er..4 Non Blondes.

Love Neil - some of his 80 stuff was ropey as hell, but those early LP's...wow!
  • Options
    I only knew of Neil young since I've been in Canada.

Other than that been suffocated with Nickleback and Bryan Adams

Charlton's awful season cuts like a knife
  • Options
    After The Gold Rush in my top 5 favourite albums, great artist
  • Options

cafc-west said:

No I haven't as I mainly have his older stuff and like the stuff he did with Crazy Horse and Rust as well as his older acoustic stuff. The album has some great reviews and I suspect he'll be doing a fair bit of it tonight.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

cafc-west said:

No I haven't as I mainly have his older stuff and like the stuff he did with Crazy Horse and Rust as well as his older acoustic stuff. The album has some great reviews and I suspect he'll be doing a fair bit of it tonight.

Only bought it so I'd be familiar with some of it as he's been doing a few of the new songs so far on the tour. Actually think it's a pretty good album.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow - what a concert last night (11th June) at the O2. Loved the mix of classic NY songs and the newer stuff from the Monsanto Years (thanks @AddickinSW16) as I listened to quite a bit on Youtube before going and I will definitely be getting the album. Thought Promise of the Real did a fantastic job supporting Neil. Also though Laura Marling as the "warm up" act was pretty good too.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Pizza
  • Options
    edited June 2016

RIP

Nice edit, Nick. You have a sick, warped sense of humour. Get a life
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    cafc-west said:

Wow - what a concert last night (11th June) at the O2. Loved the mix of classic NY songs and the newer stuff from the Monsanto Years (thanks @AddickinSW16) as I listened to quite a bit on Youtube before going and I will definitely be getting the album. Thought Promise of the Real did a fantastic job supporting Neil. Also though Laura Marling as the "warm up" act was pretty good too.

It was a great show. His newer stuff really holds its own with the classics. Promise of the Real did just as well as they did on the album. The album is full of Crazy Horse-esque riffs and they really seem to enjoy working with Neil. The chemistry was a joy to watch.

Have come across Laura Marling briefly before and she's one of the few young artists I'm aware of that I'd want to see, so I was extremely pleased when she was confirmed as the supporting act and she didn't disappoint. I understand that she's a big fan and learnt to play the guitar by strumming to 'The Needle and the Damage Done'.

I suspect we probably had a more enjoyable night than those who watched England. :smile:
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I suspect we probably had a more enjoyable night than those who watched England. :smile:

So true - but I recorded it, avoided the result, and watched when I got in. Went to bed at 01:50....shouldn't have bothered.
  • Options

RIP

Christ calm down
  • Options
    edited June 2016

RIP

Christ calm down
    :heart: Life's too short to hate, brother