Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More games in the JPT - PL Academy Teams Involved

Comments

• Options

Invited clubs will donate all or some of their share of gate receipts to a fund that will be shared equally by League One and Two clubs.

- Group Stage ... Invited Clubs will donate their 45% share to the fund.
    - Knockout Stage ... Invited Clubs will retain 25% of their share and donate 20% to the fund.
    - Semi-finals & Final ... Invited Clubs will retain 30% of their share and donate 15% to the fund.

Clubs to play each other once, either home or away. Invited clubs will play one home game at the club’s first team stadium.

Clubs will be awarded 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. In the event of a drawn game (after 90 minutes), a penalty shootout will be held with the winning team earning an additional point.

So, the Hamsters have to squeeze in another game at the Olympic Stadium.

When is the draw for their Europa League game? I am sure they will get the away leg, first but it will be interesting what they do, if they don't
    They only have the stadium 25 days, maybe they'll play Saturday 12.45 in the league, and 8pm in the cup games?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-trophy-format-confirmed-for-201617-3170687.aspx

So EFL must have a minimum of 5-First Team players in their squad whilst the U21s must have at least 6-U21s

So the Premier League clubs, with their huge squads of players, can treat it as an opportunity for kids and those returning from injury to have a casual kick around, but the Football League clubs, whose resources are much scarcer, will be forced to field half of their first team, even if they've got something trivial like a key promotion/relegation clash the following weekend.

Mind you, it's a great opportunity for us to witness some of the potential stars of tomorrow playing for the big clubs, before they get fed up with the lack of opportunities and being constantly loaned and end up signing for a League 1 or 2 club anyway. Great work Football League.
    And, don't forget, the opportunity for Premier League scouts to unnearth gems from lower league teams' academies, and have them away for a pittance under the Elite Player Performance Plan...
  • Options
    Manchester United declined the invitation to be in the Competition...

Apparently only Everton have agreed so far from the Premier League teams to play, great advertisement!!
  • Options
    Come on KM! I prove the match day experience and offer any fan attending a game a place in the draw for the first team. 5 first team squad players on the bench and 11 fans on the pitch playing Everton U17's. The FA would love it.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the first round draw is?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

The club have announced tickets will be available one month in advance of the game being played.
  • Options
    Right...doesn't really answer my question though does it?
  • Options
    Liverpool also rumoured to have turned down the invitation to take part.
  • Options

Liverpool also rumoured to have turned down the invitation to take part.

Spurs likewise. The Football League and The FA on form yet again.
  • Options
    Surely though this is harming the Premier League's chances of getting 'B' Teams into the Football League.

Else if they're all rejecting taking part in the Football League Trophy, who agreed to the idea in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe they didn't get commitment before announcing it all.

Actually I can believe it.
  • Options
    Incredible!
  • Options
    Arsenal and Chelsea now too apparently
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U and Liverpool all likely to reject the chance to play their U21 teams in the tournament.
  • Options
    Should imagine Manure and have said no based on a few things, but one must be having to open up a 75k stadium for Bolton vs their under 21's
  • Options
    The changes to the competition sound a right old farce it does make you wonder whether this is an experiment to see whether U21 prem teams could be added to a potential 5th league division rather than adding in Non League teams.

Seeing as we would not be able to enter our own U21 team having to pick 5 players who played in the previous league game I personally think the best thing the club could do is withdraw from the competition.

However having heard what sounds like the Prem big guns withdrawing the whole proposal might fall flat on it's face anyway. Let's hope so anyway.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

The club have announced tickets will be available one month in advance of the game being played.
    Well at least that prevents the mad rush for the last few remaining tickets days before the game.
  • Options
    I'd imagine they'll just keep going down the list of clubs, into the championship etc until they have a full set of 16 accepted places.
    Which will be great. I mean, the high profile team in our group might be Barnsley.
  • Options

I'd imagine they'll just keep going down the list of clubs, into the championship etc until they have a full set of 16 accepted places.
    Which will be great. I mean, the high profile team in our group might be Barnsley.

Or Palace
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Except how many of those have Category 1 status? Which was how it was mooted in the first place...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Can't believe they didn't get commitment before announcing it all.

Actually I can believe it.

Bizarre isn't it, making themselves look right idiots
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Just looked up who has a Cat 1 academy - the full list includes Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham, Norwich, Reading and Wolves. Presumably this daft idea will go through all the Cat 1 academies depending on who pulls out, meaning Bolton could play themselves?

I really hope this happens, just to prove how ridiculous the entire thing is
  • Options
    Full list of teams announced tomorrow at half 9
    Then the draw for the group stage at 10
  • Options
    9 Premier League teams confirmed along with Newcastle and Reading from the Championship.
    5 more teams to be confirmed tomorrow

Bring on Charlton v Reading B....oh the glamour
  • Options

9 Premier League teams confirmed along with Newcastle and Reading from the Championship.
    5 more teams to be confirmed tomorrow

Bring on Charlton v Reading B....oh the glamour

That would be just our luck. All the decent Premier League B teams that we could face and we end up with Reading's.

Just like how we always seem to draw teams in the same league as us for FA and League Cup ties.