Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• The state of some of those fellas in the pictures though.

I'd probably be the same to be fair but we are a unique (meaning unique) set of fans, us English.
  • As always AFKA.

England will do what they always - take over some bars, drink loads and sing songs and get boisterous/rowdy.

In certain places - Marseille, Rome, Eastern Europe there will always be gangs of local (mainly) youth who will goad all day and then attack at night when it suits them.

Happened at som many games I've been to esp in Eastern Europe where England fans get hurt and no one in this Country (media or public gives a fuck).

Move to a tournament and when England have larger numbers who will have a pop back and the media are all over it.

I'm sure it will get worse today and esp. tonight when our numbers massively increase.

It's Marseille though - why play it there ( I don't buy that they can't move them early on) as every club or Country who go their have problems.
  • Please avoid trouble and enjoy the football! Don't spoil it for us!
  • Not good. The thing that would worry me as a normal fan is getting home after a match/night when in smaller numbers. Take care out there fellow Addicks.
  • edited June 2016

Please avoid trouble and enjoy the football! Don't spoil it for us!

You what
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    It isn't patronising at all - we have the same problem at every major tournament. If you want to avoid trouble - and I know opposing fans are looking to start it too, you can.
  • It isn't patronising at all - we have the same problem at every major tournament. If you want to avoid trouble - and I know opposing fans are looking to start it too, you can.

How?
  • edited June 2016
    You don't respond to chants and goading and resist from doing it yourself. You are not representing your country in a war, and you allow the police to deal with the foreign trouble makers.
  • Clive Pilkington guide to England Away coming up
  • Brace yourselves
  • edited June 2016
    Been to pretty much every away since the euro qualifiers started and have seen no trouble at all.

I didn't have the minerals for this one so decided not to go.

They aren't attacking at 2pm when the pub is full. They attack when its midnight and small pockets of fans are walking home at closing time.
  • edited June 2016
    I was addressing the England fans involved in the trouble' If it come over as otherwise I apologise.
  • I was addressing the England fans involved in the trouble' If it come over as otherwise I apologise.

Apologies for jumping on your comment. Just get fed up with the media focusing on the negatives where it comes to England and football fans in general particularly this paper which is one of the most immoral and hypocritical rags about.
  • Sounds like a millwall sob story - it's not us it just follows us around
  • Sponsored links:

• You don't respond to chants and goading and resist from doing it yourself. You are not representing your country in a war, and you allow the police to deal with the foreign trouble makers.

You are aware that the England fans were set upon right?
  • Yes, I know they are targeted. It takes a lot of courage not to fight back and isn't always possible - but If our fans try, we can focus on our team trying to win the thing! Which would be a nice change.
  • Yes, I know they are targeted. It takes a lot of courage not to fight back and isn't always possible - but If our fans try, we can focus on our team trying to win the thing! Which would be a nice change.

If our fans try and not get beaten up?
  • DOUCHER said:

Singing Isis where r u and then bleating when attacked - would never bother with an England tournament - if I did I would b nowhere near the knob heads coz this is what happens

Full of dickheads

• It just seems sooo much agg to have to have your wits about you pissed up is not my idea of fun
    I know previously mates who got grief after the game from old bill in France and shepherded on to transport they didn't want
    Feel for the normal punters who just wanna see footy have a beer and a laugh and can get caught up amongst all that shit
    Went to Japan 2002 cos it was far enough away to stop most of the knobheads going out there
  • DOUCHER said:

Singing Isis where r u and then bleating when attacked - would never bother with an England tournament - if I did I would b nowhere near the knob heads coz this is what happens

A lot of people do that aswell.

I wonder why the daily mail doesn't write articles about those fans.
  • Worth looking at @Geoff_Pearson's timeline in Twitter for one perspective on events in Marseille overnight.