Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#24hoursmeire - CARD twitter storm NOW!!

Either she retracts her comments regarding Peter Varney's takeover bid and a move away from the Valley, or he will publish the evidence of the proposal to prove that.

In 24 hours...and counting.

Let's make sure she doesn't forget. The countdown is on.

Please join in the twitter storm NOW and all evening, then keep it going.

#24hoursmeire

https://youtu.be/kodMdiYKuyo

Comments

• Options
    Like Varney... but not Varney specifically. That the line if it's not just flat out ignored, wait for it.
  • Options
    "somebody's proposal like that' and NOT 'his proposal'

Oh dear.. no further questions.. dodged the bullet again I fear.

I'm afraid it will be put down to misinterpretation again. Miss you so much Mandy!
  • Options
    Semantics.

The implication is clear to all.
  • Options
    Surely the "like that" refers to the proposal not the person making it
  • Options
    WSS said:

Semantics.

The implication is clear to all.

Agreed, but semantics have been used as an excuse/defence before.
  • Options
    The Red Indians got it perfectly described - speaking with forked tongue. Two meanings and you are intended to take the misinterpretatable one.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It is unfortunate that Katrien gulps and stumbles over her words at the crucial point. I would slightly tweak the transcription as follows: "As we said in the past, the club is not for sale and we had several approaches from alleged buyers before, including the one of Mr Varney. But somebody.....S’proposal like that includes a move away from The Valley and Roland Duchatelet knows how important it is for fans that Charlton plays at The Valley."

If she is not referring to the Peter Varney led approach why has she not made that clear?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Red Indians got it perfectly described - speaking with forked tongue. Two meanings and you are intended to take the misinterpretatable one.

Please don't use that term
  • Options

Why introduce Varney at all if you don't intend to infer that it's his proposal you are talking about.

Exactly. Why mention it at all? Weird (meaning unique. {...}
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    21 hours... T-... T-... T-

Reference for the over-40s (and probably under-20s).... #RoleoDone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAuG8R0SMs
  • Options
    Speaking so that there's room for back tracking and semantics are involved .......it's what lawyers, managers and politicians spend years perfecting and then never talk In anything else.
  • Options
    What is the backing track? Love it
  • Options
    Can we have a countdown clock?
  • Options
  • Options
    Can't see that image :(
  • Options
    Warp factor 1, hahaha.

Mr sulu would be turning in his grave. I mean it is light speed but as close as light speed can be to going backwards.

(Taking a long hard look at this and decide it's an awful post on many levels but going to post it anyway)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why introduce Varney at all if you don't intend to infer that it's his proposal you are talking about.

Imply. Sorry.
  • Options
    Oh I agree. Stupid comment, stupid phrasing, clearly designed to implicate Varney unnecessarily.

Don't think it is actionable as defamatory or slanderous due to the careful inclusion of 'like this' in the statement.

Nonetheless very poor again.
  • Options
    She can wriggle out by playing the misinterpreted, ENglish not my first language card and then claiming she is being vicitmised because she is a woman.

Expect a press release from Duchatalet in a few weeks reprinting what she said, so badly worded that it starts another media storm about him selling The Valley...
  • Options
    Not long left now Katrien..........
  • Options
    She is a graduate of UCL so despite English not being her first language it is not an excuse. In the hands of a wise judge I believe it would be deemed clear that she deliberately associated Peter Varney with a move away from the Valley no matter how it might be spun now.

• Options
    If she didn't mean Varney's buyers wanted the move away from The Valley why not correct that as soon as Varney commented.
  • Options
    Meire seems to be the mouthpiece for Murray both of them need to go they are making our club a laughing stock throughout the football world. Murray you should be ashamed of the way you have disreguarded the history and the fans feelings towards this great club. You may have a history with the club but you have no future after the way you have chose the regime over the interests of CAFC get out now.
  • Options
    I wonder if Varney is currently in a bunker sitting at a chair waiting to turn a key that releases a button for him to press which in turn releases the emails into the world whilst Katrien sits in her office stroking her little cat.

Or have I just seen too many Bond films?
  • Options
    braydex, that is so depressingly true I could cry :(