Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has anyone been to the driving range & restaurant at Greenwich Peninsula?

edited June 2016 in Not Sports Related
I went a few weeks ago for a Golf Tuition and Wine Tasting evening. Really great evening. Very knowledgeable people with a passion for beers, wine and gin. Arnaud and Keith were more than happy to talk about their experiences in the wine trade and know SO much it's incredible.

If you are into wine and decent food then I recommend you pop along and take a look at the restaurant - I only had a few nibbles and sips as I was driving but will definitely be going back there.

http://www.greenwichpeninsulagolfrange.com/ for the golf. Awesome backdrop with Canary Wharf to your left and the Dome to your right.
and
http://www.vinotheccompass.com/ for the food and wine.

Comments

• Options
    Went twice within the last 2-3 weeks. It's a good time and even if you're not great on the range, it doesn't matter. Good laugh and great views.

Free parking also which is a bonus for the area.
  • Options
    Looks decent - do you need to book the range and restaurant at the weekend?
  • Options
    Used the range a couple of times - it's not the best but, still decent enough.
  • Options
    Could be a nice thing to go to before going to the stadium that's due to be built there for some Premiership L1 Club.
  • Options
    Never knew there was a driving range out there. Sounds a great place, just needs a football ground now surely?
  • Options
    Boom said:

Looks decent - do you need to book the range and restaurant at the weekend?

Not sure. There's loads of bays so you probably wouldn't have to wait too long if it were booked. However the easiest option is probably to ring and check

• Options

Could be a nice thing to go to before going to the stadium that's due to be built there for some Premiership L1 Club.

Think the driving range will be where the stadium will be built.

I have used it a few times. Bit pricey but, for me, so much more convenient than driving out to the driving range by the A20 in Sidcup.
  • Options
    Been there a few times, decent enough. More of a youngsters place with the trendy location and whatnot, easy enough to drive it over the right side netting mind towards to the O2... that or it's not and I'm just very good at accidentally doing so.

It's only a temporary build and won't be there too much longer, will be where the football stadium, if there is to be, will be I believe.