Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Feeling confusingly positive

In an ideal world the rat bag, his pet and Richard Murray would have all buggered off by now where we the fans could declare the war is over. The hard fought protesting victory was ours and we got rid of this regime.

Just seen the press conference unveiling Slade us the new manager on YouTube.

Katrien was her usual self. Not answering questions properly and still not taking responsibility, the stubborn cow. It was quite clear for me that Russel also didn't take her very seriously, via little jokes here and there. Which is good. I was actually a bit disappointed, I thought this might be the one new fresh time when she doesn't come across stupid and a liar.

When Katrien smiles she really does have rather off putting squirrel features on her face. Apart from that, every now and again she is annoyingly gorgeous. The world is not right. She's a very ugly person on the inside that is also very childish and clueless.
I really hope she just shuts the F*ck up for the remainder of her stay at charlton. Especially if we are doing well. I do not want her to get any linked credit from any success we may (still unlikely) have in the future.
She should not be allowed to speak up and come out of her cage only when it suits her and the perception is light.

I think Slade ceases this challenge for many reasons, one of them being, he might stand out within this club as being one of few people that has a brain cell. It's not a ego thing, but mostly a high influence where he's going to have the responsibility of being the piece that holds the loose ship together. A lot, heavy workload will be weighted on his shoulders. He knows this regime are desperate, and he knows they actually now NEED his services. Probably quite a complimentary feeling, even if unspoken. They can't afford to sack him.
The fans would go crazy and the club would implode and go into meltdown.

The regime NEEDS to make this work, as much as Russel himself does.

He also has a bit of Mr D Brent about him I noticed. Just facial expressions.

The regime have dare I say it, done ok here. Time will tell in the long term.

I hate RD and KM as people. Murray done himself no favours by openly being a twat and admitting he's "disappointed" with the fans. I don't hate him though.

I hate KM and RD but I love charlton more. I think we COULD do ok next season based on what Slade says. Words are still just words though, at present.

If we get back to the championship, Roland sells. That's what we need.

That's right Roland. You've had to do things our way because it's OUR CLUB.

Now when you get bored of that....you can sell up and f*ck right off can't you :)

Slade....you've got one hell of a challenge coming up. I wish you the best of luck.

CAFC

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Slade has nothing to lose, everybody has no doubt, warned him of the massive problems we have.

If he does well he will say he has done it despite the idiots, if not he will soon see it falling apart, leaves after 2 or 3 months and simply confirm he was sold a crock of shit.
  • Options

Slade has nothing to lose, everybody has no doubt, warned him of the massive problems we have.

If he does well he will say he has done it despite the idiots, if not he will soon see it falling apart, leaves after 2 or 3 months and simply confirm he was sold a crock of shit.

This. Although if he he's sacked after 3 months they will have to pay him the remainder of his contract - which is about 450 quid and a years supply of duct tape. Anyway, clearly he has bit of an appetite so he will probably walk when he realises they only do 14 chips per portion.
  • Options
    Im also feeling confusingly positive.

Not seen much of Slade, I liked him.

Hope he can build a decent squad, I liked the section where he was explaining how people would pick up the phone to him whereas that might not have been the case in the past.

• Options
    I'll try and book an appointment with the club doctor tomorrow and see if that gives an immediate solution.
  • Options
    No one asked if he spoke to previous managers on the currant situation at Charlton. Personally I liked him, but him knowing what's gone on and bearing in mind he was employed I'd ask him why he still took the job. Is it to prove he could succeed where others failed?
  • Options
    Maybe he thought:

'Vincent Tan's a nutter and I managed to deal with him OK, how hard can this Roland prick be to deal with? I don't like being DOF, I like being a manager.'

Unfortunately the RD/KM combo may appear on the face of it to be more rational than Tan, but he may come to rue that choice.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

No one asked if he spoke to previous managers on the currant situation at Charlton. Personally I liked him, but him knowing what's gone on and bearing in mind he was employed I'd ask him why he still took the job. Is it to prove he could succeed where others failed?

There's not many currants at The Valley, but plenty of prize plums.
  • Options
    And a wizened senile old prune?
  • Options
    think this is a good choice and he seems a good fit for charlton in its predicament. Katrien looked desperate and ill. Slade impressed with his forthright honesty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since I heard we wanted Russell Slade as manager I have suddenly felt positive about the season to come! I think Slade will get in the right players to make the top 6 at least!
  • Options
    I hope so. He says the right things around players who want to pull on the red shirt, players who want to fight to get back to the higher level, players who when it's not going well roll up their sleeves further and push on.

I hope he can get us a good squad together.
  • Options
    I thought he came over in the press conference, and his first interview on the OS, extremely well.

Seems erudite, positive, and confident in his own ability to get the best out of his players.
  • Options

I thought he came over in the press conference, and his first interview on the OS, extremely well.

Seems erudite, positive, and confident in his own ability to get the best out of his players.

I think he likes the fact that we are a broken treasure and it's his job to fix absolutely everything.

You know that feeling at work when you know everyone else is thick.

You feel like your needed.
  • Options
    He shouldn't ha e too many problems convincing himself of the quality of the rest of the senior management team.
  • Options
    Stockholm Syndrome
  • Options
    They say that women forget the horror of childbirth because if they could remember how horrendous it was they would never have a second baby. I think for many of us, especially those feeling positive about 2016-17, that amnesia has happened with last season. OK, we got relegated but it wasn't that bad. It's only when we re-enter the (much emptier) delivery room in August the nightmares will all come flooding back.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm very positive about England beating Wales. I'm very negative about Charlton's fortunes next year. In 24 hours' time, my optimism about England will be right or wrong. When we are in 17th place at Xmas, my negative thoughts about Charlton will be right.