Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Makienok - Oct 2020 at St Pauli (p3)

Comments

• Options
    We all know he's going to score a lot of goals, be Prestons POTY, and get them promoted to PL - it will just epitomise how useless his coaches have been here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

His fatal flaw is fragile confidence. There is a player in there but he is weak. Good luck to him. Seemed like a good guy.

Thank you. I knew someone would use the 'there is a player in there' line. There isn't.

Edit. Didn't like the booing and sarcastic cheering. That can't have helped.
  • Options
    I'm not going there with the Makienok's a 10+ championship striker thing again, cost me money this year (to a good cause)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Apart from a handful of games when he was extremely effective, he mostly seemed off the pace.

You never know, Preston might be the place where his face fits and he finds the confidence to have a decent season.
    In any case, he'll be playing in a division above us

That's the politest way that I have seen 'you're bloody s**t' articulated! He was/is truly woeful! Fair play to him for stealing another season at that level though.
  • Options
    He wasn't that shit.

Well ok a lot of the time he did look pony but I'm not sure it was all his fault.

Not a self starting game changing pick it up by the scruff of the neck and make it happen player though.
  • Options
    I suspect he will have a decent season with them but just like Francis even if he proves himself at a club doing better then us, some fans will never accept that maybe he was not actually a terrible player just playing for a poor Charlton team in the wrong situation.
  • Options
    Impossible to know how good he might be, or how much the car crash we are affected him. Properly Charltonised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Became a joke every time I saw Charlton in the second half of the season, after it had taken me that long to believe that there was very little there of Championship standard
  • Options
    For a big lad, he's never going to score many goals with his heid is he?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Mark my words, he will do well there as long as they get crosses in the box. Give him service and not just lump it up there all time, he'll do well.

Expecting 10+ next season.

While the service to him wasn't great, plenty of other players scored headed goals for us last season.

Mak's movement was never great, he tended to be static, which makes him easier to mark.
  • Options
    Hope he does well
  • Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I liked him, I'll still admit that it's a bit depressing to realise that he'll be playing a league above us next season though.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

His missus is gonna love it oop North ...

You been there ? .. Preston is an OK town and there is a lot of lovely countryside on the doorstep
    London has The Garden of England on its doorstep.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
    He got booed onto the pitch and sarcastically cheered at every touch. There were worse players than him.

I think he will do well at PNE. Good luck.
  • Options
    Another to put into the Simon Francis file, slagged off by Charlton fans ... Goes to another club and shows real potential because he is allowed to get on with his game. Don't agree he did not try but if he didn't who can blame him after the shit he took from his own supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's is promise in him. I don't think the mentality is there though, so don't hold your breath PNE fans.
  • Options
    When I watched him closely it looked like his anticipation was poor his timing was what let him down not his actual heading ability.

Did appear off the pace but the tempo/intensity of the championship is fast and direct English centre-backs had it easy as he wasn't that mobile lacked sharp intelligent movement.
  • Options
    Poor bastards
  • Options
    Good luck Big Mak - genuinely want him to do well up there.

Came to Charlton to pick up some confidence after his move to Palermo went south, but he barely made it out the other side!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    sadly we have seen a lot worse and not just under RDs cult
  • Options

Decent player. Never had a chance with the fans booing and jeering him. Those that did should be ashamed of yourselves. Mob rule. You'd never do that to someone if you weren't anonymous and hidden in a crowd.

Says the person who spent the whole season insulting Reza from behind his keyboard ;)
  • Options

Sage said:

Mark my words, he will do well there as long as they get crosses in the box. Give him service and not just lump it up there all time, he'll do well.

Expecting 10+ next season.

While the service to him wasn't great, plenty of other players scored headed goals for us last season.

Mak's movement was never great, he tended to be static, which makes him easier to mark.
    Doesn't help when we don't have midfielders who play the ball forward the way player like Reid or Murphy used to.

I don't think anyone really knew how to play to his strengths and ultimately everyone expected him to win everything in the air. You can only do that if the service to you enables you to.

I'm not trying to defend him and say he's a quality player or whatever, he wasn't great last season. But what didn't help was every time he touched the ball or won a header he got jeered.

All my statement was that I believe he will do a lot better next season and Preston will give him better service. He got 5 in a crap side, I am sure he can double that given the chance.
  • Options

I liked Big Mac (and Mrs Mac ) and am delighted they are free of our basket case of a football club. Good luck to you in sunny Preston.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Good luck Big Mak - genuinely want him to do well up there.

Came to Charlton to pick up some confidence after his move to Palermo went south, but he barely made it out the other side!

Good luck Big Si, it's when you remember why he came here that you feel even more sorry for him...

Though when you see that video of him with a blonde in the morning and brunette in the evening that you feel less sorry.

Anyone got a link to it?
  • Options
    With a proper manager there he will probably do ok. I do think Francis is a good analogy, wrong club, wrong time. Not a great player but there was something there that I am sure Grayson will get the best out of.