Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 - Wish you were beer

Comments

• Options
    Yeah that's the plan for Italy - lovely beer.

I'm trying to source the difficult ones first!!

• Options
    red_murph said:

We're at:

Albania -
    Austria - Schremser Roggen Bio Bier
    Belgium - St Bernardus 12
    Croatia - Zmajska Pivovara Porter
    Czech Republic - Pivovar Herold Black Lager (something a bit different!)
    England -
    France -
    Germany -
    Hungary - Rothbeer Pyromania
    Iceland - Einstok Toasted Porter
    Italy -
    Northern Ireland -
    Poland -
    Portugal - Sagres
    Republic of Ireland -
    Romania -
    Russia - Baltika 7
    Slovakia -
    Spain - Alhambra-Reserva
    Sweden - Brutal Brewing Pistonhead Kustom Lager
    Switzerland -
    Turkey -
    Ukraine - Obolon lager
    Wales - Brains SA Gold

I'd definitely include Moretti for Italy, Neil.
    If only that had been mentioned.
  • Options
    Dreher was decent when I was in Budapest years ago.
  • Options

If you have any luck with Albania/Croatia and now Slovakia, let me know.

Going to try this as well, ordered from Beers of Europe and Slovakia is now sold out but they replaced it with a swedish beer.
  • Options

Another good suggestion from Italy is Menabrea. Just starting to be available in the UK.

http://www.menabrea.co.uk/our-beer/
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

If you have any luck with Albania/Croatia and now Slovakia, let me know.

Going to try this as well, ordered from Beers of Europe and Slovakia is now sold out but they replaced it with a swedish beer.
    When they emailed me to say they'd run out of the Slovakian one I checked a few and he had a Croatian porter so it's worth checking.

The Swedish one came in between my email and his reply so I got lucky there!

Switzerland there does aopear to be '1936 Biere' but it seems to be hard to find - so far I've only found a £40 box of 12.

Albania is going to be very tricky I think!
  • Options
    I'm sure your local "East European" shop would be a good source of East European beers

Failing that, just drink spirits to represent all 24 countries!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Drew all 24 teams in a sweepstake with the addition of the two teams you chose, you must only bring beers around,from their nation, for this Saturday

I drew Switzerland and Northern Ireland.

I am starting to think it will be a very difficult challenge.
  • Options

Drew all 24 teams in a sweepstake with the addition of the two teams you chose, you must only bring beers around,from their nation, for this Saturday

Afraid so pal! NI shouldn't be too bad (I'm hoping).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a lot of brewing going on, but I'm not sure how much of it comes over here. I think I've had a Red Hand beer, because I vaguely remember singing Nick Cave's Red Right Hand whilst drinking one. Other than that, everything here is new to me:

http://camrani.k-hosting.co.uk/local-beer-guide/local-breweries
  • Options
    Pint of Rev James for Wales.
  • Options

are we not boycotting belgian beers?

Given the choice of boycotting Belgian beer, and boycotting all beers not from Belgium, I'd probably go with the latter
  • Options
    D-Day - French beer. had it last year really nice but im not sure they still make it.

http://www.beer-dday.com/
  • Options
    Stig said:

There's a lot of brewing going on, but I'm not sure how much of it comes over here. I think I've had a Red Hand beer, because I vaguely remember singing Nick Cave's Red Right Hand whilst drinking one. Other than that, everything here is new to me:

http://camrani.k-hosting.co.uk/local-beer-guide/local-breweries

Yeah, going to be a lot more difficult than I would have expected!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

are we not boycotting belgian beers?

Given the choice of boycotting Belgian beer, and boycotting all beers not from Belgium, I'd probably go with the latter
    a Stella man, eh? ;)
  • Options
    http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/euro-2016-mixed-24

Great website and company. Use them all the time. They don't just cover Europe either. You can get a beer from virtually anywhere from them. Don't go for the stuff that you can get in supermarkets (Leffe, Duvel, Frulli etc) that's the country's equivalent to Carling, Stella, Fosters and all the other mass produced blandness. Have a look at what these lot offer.
  • Options
    Germany - Rothaus
  • Options

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/euro-2016-mixed-24

Great website and company. Use them all the time. They don't just cover Europe either. You can get a beer from virtually anywhere from them. Don't go for the stuff that you can get in supermarkets (Leffe, Duvel, Frulli etc) that's the country's equivalent to Carling, Stella, Fosters and all the other mass produced blandness. Have a look at what these lot offer.

Yeah I've ordered a few from them but they don't have Albania, Switzerland, Northern Ireland or (outside of that box) Slovakia.
  • Options

I'd like to know what beats Leffe Brune.

Probably the majority of these in here:

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/belgian-beer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks - I'd seen it on there and another site but was a bit reluctant to pay £7 delivery on one beer, but I've just noticed they've got a Northern Irish brewery on there to so will go for it I think!
  • Options
    For Spain, would recommend Ambar from Zaragoza and La Virgen from Madrid.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I've tried that particular Swiss one. When I go over for work I always try a local beer. I don't like Weiss beer though so normally go for an amber or a Pilsner.

I don't have any trips planned over the next month but if any crop up I'll pick something up and post it if you want. May have to go for a job interview.
  • Options

I'm not sure I've tried that particular Swiss one. When I go over for work I always try a local beer. I don't like Weiss beer though so normally go for an amber or a Pilsner.

I don't have any trips planned over the next month but if any crop up I'll pick something up and post it if you want. May have to go for a job interview.

Kind offer mate, thank you.

However, I've just ordered that one as they had the NI brewery and an interesting German selection.

So I'm up to 22 either in or on the way:

Albania -
    Austria - Schremser Roggen Bio Bier
    Belgium - St Bernardus 12
    Croatia - Zmajska Pivovara Porter
    Czech Republic - Pivovar Herold Black Lager
    England - Wychwood Ruby Rooster
    France - Kronenbourg 1664
    Germany - Hacker Pschorr Anno 1417 Munich Keller Bier
    Hungary - Rothbeer Pyromania
    Iceland - Einstok Toasted Porter
    Italy - Birra Moretti
    Northern Ireland - Boundary American Pale Ale
    Poland - Tyskie
    Portugal - Sagres
    Republic of Ireland - Guinness Original
    Romania - Ursus Blonde
    Russia - Baltika 7
    Slovakia -
    Spain - Alhambra-Reserva
    Sweden - Brutal Brewing Pistonhead Kustom Lager
    Switzerland - 1936 Biere
    Turkey - Efes Draft
    Ukraine - Obolon lager
    Wales - Brains SA Gold

Albania and Slovakia the elusive ones.
  • Options
    No worries, have a mate moved out for work to Bratislava. Think he's due back to the UK soon if you're bothered about missing Slovakia.
  • Options

No worries, have a mate moved out for work to Bratislava. Think he's due back to the UK soon if you're bothered about missing Slovakia.

Definitely bothered!

Might be able to find it in a Eastern European shop over here too, with a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Work has a huge site in Bratislava, loads of people back and forth every day I'll ask around the people I know.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks - I really appreciate it.

I had a Zlaty Bazant (Golden Pheasant) on order from Beers of Europe, but they ran out unfortunately!
  • Options
    My other option for Albania is pulling a "Euro 92" and calling in Denmark given they finished just below them in qualifying.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!