Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHITE SWAN PUB (p.7 - Closed, just to add to the happy vibe)

Comments

• More museum items on display in the White Swan.

Blimey, times change. Looks nothing like the mess it was many years ago. 
  • Very busy there today...sat outside and that was very busy too. £7 for a barbeque burger come on guys, you would have sold loads for £3.50.
  • stonemuse said:
    More museum items on display in the White Swan.

Blimey, times change. Looks nothing like the mess it was many years ago. 
    Oi!  No need to slag of the museum like that : - )
  • Liking the local wildlife supporting their team.

• That's Anna_Kissed's scarf...
  • Curb_It said:
    Liking the local wildlife supporting their team.

Crystal Palace stag party that wandered into the wrong part o' town. 
  • Very busy there today...sat outside and that was very busy too. £7 for a barbeque burger come on guys, you would have sold loads for £3.50.
    And lost money.
  • I have to say the new guy is doing a good job at the Swan. Pints have been spot on. Decent menu. Good service. 

Did I mention the pints have been spot on?
  •  Vincenzo said:
    I have to say the new guy is doing a good job at the Swan. Pints have been spot on. Decent menu. Good service. 

Did I mention the pints have been spot on?

James seems a good guy, was at the Shortlands Tavern before.
  • Curb_It said:

The Chords are worth seeing, part of the Mod revival of the 70’s/89’s.

Their old drummer Buddy Ascot plays in someone I know’s band. Am going to his 60th birthday gig at the 100 Club in April when he’s playing with another couple of old members, along with a couple of other bands.
    On my way back from the gig, superb night.

The Chords were fantastic and the original singer joined them onstage for the last couple of numbers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:
    Very busy there today...sat outside and that was very busy too. £7 for a barbeque burger come on guys, you would have sold loads for £3.50.
    And lost money.

Or sell 10 burgers rather than 50....they wernt selling many from 12.30 when it opened till 14.40 when we left
  • edited April 2019
    I agree with Chippy. You won't get many people paying £7 for a burger when you can buy one outside or possibly inside the ground for less.

Ok if you were sitting down eating in the pub, burger & chips on a plate, you might consider it.

You would definitely make a bigger profit at £3.50/£4. There are no extra staff costs as the bloke is there regardless of whether he's selling burgers or bored stiff.
  • as a pub in Charlton i do think the prices are a little steep for normal draft lager - your craft stuff you pay more for, not denying its a decent pub compared to the others but i can see how prices would stop people having this as your go to pre match local. 
  • @irudd123 fantastic stuff

Are you related to Dave Rudd and if so ask him about the stuff he has for the museum.
  • @irudd123 fantastic stuff

Are you related to Dave Rudd and if so ask him about the stuff he has for the museum.
    Indeed, I'm a Jnr Rudd. I'll pass on a message to the man himself Henry!
  • I think the prices are fair.  Keeps out the riff raff (they can go to the Bugle!!) 
  • Pie and Mash upstairs pre match tomorrow and onwards.

Tomorrow we are open at 10am for brunch and ahead of the Charlton Athletic ⚽️ game we are are serving traditional pie and mash served with liquor from midday upstairs. We have a dart board and a pool table up there too. We'll be doing this every match day from now! Don’t forget season ticket holders get 20p off any alcoholic beverage, anytime! 🍻 Come on you reds!!!!

Free live music all weekend!
    TONIGHT: THE KONKS 
    Kinks tribute band

SATURDAY: CROCK OF BONES
    Alt-folk, Celtic, Irish, Trad band

• Sponsored links:

• Yeah, follow the sentiment, Swan always has a nice vibe, nice music, and a friendly feel about it.
    A very decent boozer.
    And its in Charlton!
  • Been a regular White swan customer and fan since it reopened. Have to admit Stopped going more recently because the food quality went down hill.  Think it's descending rapidly to a piss poor pub for match days. Last game I went to, stopped  off on way. Plastic beakers instead of glasses. No  real food downstairs, other than cheap burgers. I can waste my money just as well in the Valley.  Tend to go  to anchor and hope now. 
  • edited October 2019
    Definitely my choice for a pre match beer in Charlton (which I'll admit is rare), echo what others have said about the atmosphere in there
  • I've not been there this season.
    Can someone who goes every game confirm if it is using plastic beekers every game ?
  • Fraid so.  For a few weeks now.

At least they've got rid of the seats at the bar.

Service still very hit and miss.

There was a danger that it was going to be overrun by teenagers and be turned into a nightclub but mercifully that seems to have been a semi-final play-off one off :-)

The beer (the real stuff, not the pasteurised, pressurised, carbonated muck) is consistently excellent.  Which is what counts most.
  • Curb_It said:
    Pie and Mash upstairs pre match tomorrow and onwards.

Tomorrow we are open at 10am for brunch and ahead of the Charlton Athletic ⚽️ game we are are serving traditional pie and mash served with liquor from midday upstairs. We have a dart board and a pool table up there too. We'll be doing this every match day from now! Don’t forget season ticket holders get 20p off any alcoholic beverage, anytime! 🍻 Come on you reds!!!!

Free live music all weekend!
    TONIGHT: THE KONKS 
    Kinks tribute band

SATURDAY: CROCK OF BONES
    Alt-folk, Celtic, Irish, Trad band

Wish I’d opened this yesterday, did detour via Welling Pie & Mash shop for a fix. Know where to go in future.
  • Is there a licensed bar from 10 on Sunday for the Preston game ?
  • So you can have pie and mash whilst the games on? 
  • edited November 2019
    That is a tweet from 18 October.  Had to check that then.