Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHITE SWAN PUB (p.7 - Closed, just to add to the happy vibe)

Comments

• Much better, and more room with the large table gone and no bar stools(well, just one).
    👍

Agreed even let us use the ladies....
    Where’s the gif of Kenneth Williams looking like he’s sucking a lemon when you need it?
  • The Swan has an all day event on on Saturday 9th March.  March of the Mod's first live band is on at 4.30pm.  Should be pretty busy pre match then. Bands on all night then.  
  • Some interesting new decor in the White Swan, I hear.
  • Curb_It said:

The Chords are worth seeing, part of the Mod revival of the 70’s/89’s.

Their old drummer Buddy Ascot plays in someone I know’s band. Am going to his 60th birthday gig at the 100 Club in April when he’s playing with another couple of old members, along with a couple of other bands.
  • edited February 2019
    Yes the Swan is becoming a proper Charlton pub... though disappointingly they had two ales off when i was in recently.  Need to sort that out  - else I'll be calling them the Equitable!

I would really like to go to this but am at a 50th from 12-5.. very odd time.  I suggest if anyone sees me steaming through the pub door later on that night, best to give me a wide berth!

• Modrophenia are a good band, well worth seeing, even though Andy Bright the front man is a Spud.
  • heard they have taken out sky sports and bt sport? 
    They have, the manager they appointed last month has also gone.
    That's quick, even for a pub!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah two weeks by all accounts, they've now got someone else in apparently.
    Blimey, what was behind that?
  • edited February 2019
    Um the barman upstairs while The Live Wire were playing suggested that the manager there for only a short period of time and there’s were a few accusations being suggested.

I only spoke to that manager once and he seeemed decent to me so was surprised. 

• Well beer went up 30 p a pint and £3 for a ham roll... 
  • edited February 2019
    heard they have taken out sky sports and bt sport? 
    Blimey, what was behind that?
    He was someone on here's mate wasn't he? @robroy
  • Anyone planning to go in Swan today beware it's ticket only £10 in advance or £15 on door, don't know if that's before game but definitely after.
  • It doesn’t say that on the flyer above? 
  • Curb_It said:
    It doesn’t say that on the flyer above? 
    I know, it's not advertised very well.
    https://www.thewhiteswancharlton.co.uk/news-offers-events/233871-march-of-the-mods/
  • No charge to get in the Swan today, bit of confusion there! 
    Free for all Charlton fans as usual, just raising money for teenage cancer
  • Been no music for 50 minutes at the pub's busiest point pre game. Not sure what the logic to that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    TOMORROW we are opening at 11am ahead of the Charlton Athletic FC match ⚽️. It's going to be a beautiful day and there's plenty of room in our garden. The function room upstairs will be open as a spill over too and there's a bar and pool table up there! We'll be having a BBQ in the garden 12-9pm serving great quality burgers, sausages, fries and salads. Don’t forget season ticket holders get 20p off any alcoholic beverage, anytime! 🍻

Victorian Murder Squad are here in the evening (9pm) playing rock, reggae, punk and nu wave so Charlton fans please come back after the game to listen to some free live music.

All this plus great beer, ales, fine wines, quality gins and more! Sounds like the perfect Saturday...

Victorian Murder Squad are excellent! Saw them a couple of weeks ago at The Rusty Bucket. The lead singer (Mark) is very old friend of mine. If like me you're in your mid 50's you'll love them. They are predominantly a Covers Band but don't play all the usual stuff. Just to give you a taster of what they play, two examples from that set I saw were Boys Keep Swinging and Making Plans for Nigel. Not your usual bog standard stuff.
  • Curb_It said:
    TOMORROW we are opening at 11am ahead of the Charlton Athletic FC match ⚽️. It's going to be a beautiful day and there's plenty of room in our garden. The function room upstairs will be open as a spill over too and there's a bar and pool table up there! We'll be having a BBQ in the garden 12-9pm serving great quality burgers, sausages, fries and salads. Don’t forget season ticket holders get 20p off any alcoholic beverage, anytime! 🍻

Victorian Murder Squad are here in the evening (9pm) playing rock, reggae, punk and nu wave so Charlton fans please come back after the game to listen to some free live music.

All this plus great beer, ales, fine wines, quality gins and more! Sounds like the perfect Saturday...

Can I be the 1st to say who is out at 9pm
  • Riviera said:
    Curb_It said:

Victorian Murder Squad are excellent! Saw them a couple of weeks ago at The Rusty Bucket. The lead singer (Mark) is very old friend of mine. If like me you're in your mid 50's you'll love them. They are predominantly a Covers Band but don't play all the usual stuff. Just to give you a taster of what they play, two examples from that set I saw were Boys Keep Swinging and Making Plans for Nigel. Not your usual bog standard stuff.
    Love Making Plans for Nigel. I bought the single - some sort of limited edition board game I think.
  • He has his future in British Steel....
  • Is the cup final shirt and newspaper reports, from the museum as well?