Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD Statement: Slade Appointment

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
    The problem is that we're in League One and we won't be getting promotion any time soon because Slade isn't a genius and the chief executive is an idiot, at least as far as running a football club is concerned. There's no future in it and my belief - based on informed contacts - is that Duchatelet will cut his losses by selling up once that becomes apparent, just as I was told he would give it a go to get back first time.

The senior management team of the club is a joke - plenty of people on the staff, in the directors box and within the hierarchy of the community trust know that very well - and Meire is the reason. Appointing Slade may help, but there is way too much wrong down there and it starts at the top. She is a massive liability.
    i don't disagree regarding km but the bit about selling up if we don't go up is the reverse of what i've been told and i'm not sure who would know any more than my source however that may sound.
  • DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER mate, if your titbits from the inner sanctum are from who I think it is, I wouldn't believe too much of what he says / spins.

If you are right on the 95% bit, then I'd be disappointed. Had hoped Charlton fans were a bit better than that.

but if the results are going well then by definition, what's the problem? 95% of fans do not need to be made to feel special by the owners - thats the reality.
    But that's the point results have NOT gone well since they took over they've been disastrous based on THEIR flawed system, THEIR ill qualified appointments and THEIR complete lack of understanding/ respect/ interest in the ethos of OUR club.

If results had gone well we'd not be in league one and would be pushing for promotion to the top flight or at least competing but we never were going to under their strategy.

Stringing together a few wins in league one is not progress or results.

We finished 9th in the championship and got to cup quarter finals before they interfered in the foundation tge previous mob had set before running out of money.

I am amazed people are duped by this appointment and see this as some form of conciliatory arbitrage or that anything good can be found out of their pollution of our club. The blokes a loon and has utter disdain for us as does the incompetent CEO and seemingly the chairman. Don't fall for it ffs.
    look, i'm not falling for anything - ive been told the quickest way to see the back of RD is if we get promoted - airman is saying the opposite - who knows??? do we think if this season is a massive success, rd will sack slade and reinstate some network manager / scouts and repeat the last 2 years or sell up or continue with the changed strategy???As i say, i don;'t think anybody really knows but i know what i have been told
  • Very sadly, a few wins and the majority will start forgiving and forgetting. I still fear for Charlton Athletic.
  • look, i don't care who you believe - i'm not lying and i don't suggest airman is either - people who have told us these things however could be and they can't both be true - still, thats passed a boring monday night hasn't it - all will be revealed in the coming months / year i guess
  • Davo55 said:

If it comes to who do we believe, Doucher or Airman, my money is on Airman. Big time.

Beat me to it !

• Davo55 said:

If it comes to who do we believe, Doucher or Airman, my money is on Airman. Big time.

Beat me to it !

well airman has just covered all bases anyway so not a bad horse to back - i think we agree his model has failed and he plans to sell anyway
  • edited June 2016
    boggzy said:

Very sadly, a few wins and the majority will start forgiving and forgetting. I still fear for Charlton Athletic.

It would appear that can happen even without the wins sadly. I shouldn't be surprised I suppose but the manner of RS's appointment has been received in some quarters might be an indication of just how few straws we've had to clutch at recently. Fact is he's a journeyman, lower level manager not fecking Jose Mourinho stepping off at City Airport with Ronaldo flagging down a taxi to The Valley for them.

Does that mean I won't support him or the team...no it does not, but let's not think all our birthdays have come at once because we now have a manager who has never achieved promotion in 20 years as a manager. Think about that last bit. Twenty years and not one promotion to his name, yet we are being asked to accept this as some sign that Roland has changed his ways and put our faith in a bloke achieving something next year that he hasn't done in the preceding two decades.
  • Sponsored links:

• So let me get this right between what Airman and Doucher are saying that the Bell-gian owner will sell whatever happens .....
    Can someone tell me what the scenario is that will stop him from selling cos I want this clown out no matter what
    Even if some of our lame supporters deserve this lamest of owners
  • The last time Charlton Athletic appointed a manager simply on account of their being British we got Iain Dowie. This is a desperate attempt by a desperate and inept régime to placate those supporters who wrongly believe being British is the passport to success. Charlton don't need a British manager, they need a good manager, and if he's British all the better.
  • And yes, you are right @DOUCHER, it has become personal.

I hate these people being able to do what they like with something that means so much to so many people. It's not a fast car, or an expensive toy, it's something that represents thousands of people's hopes and dreams.

Being custodian of a football club, something that plays such an important part in a community and peoples lives, I can't think of anything more precious and an honour to have the responsibility of guiding.

To see it treated like shit by incompetents who hate Charlton fans infuriates me so much it has virtually destroyed / soured any form of enjoyment I get from it.

They have no interest in what it means to anyone else, they would have done the decent thing by now if so. They are only interested in themselves.

So yes, it is personal to me and why I can't just flip flop my emotions on the flip of a hat. Perhaps I'm in the minority though

The football has been irrelevant since Luzon was appointed, and will continue to be so till the Belgians p*** off.
  • I would quite like to be a presence at the gates of the Valley today, from about 9.30, but would rather not be Billy no mates. If anybody else wants to show that one new appointment is not enough to make us go away please PM me, or say on here if you fancy going down there. I have a couple of signs.
  • DOUCHER said:

Davo55 said:

Beat me to it !

well airman has just covered all bases anyway so not a bad horse to back - i think we agree his model has failed and he plans to sell anyway
    if Fanny has backed Davo55, who in turn backed Airman Brown, then I back Fanny !!
  • edited June 2016
    Davo55 said:

I've got no idea who Doucher is but I have no reason to doubt his veracity.

I know Airman and I do not doubt his.

However, it's more of case of how reliable are their sources?
  • Sponsored links:

• So let me get this right between what Airman and Doucher are saying that the Bell-gian owner will sell whatever happens .....
    Can someone tell me what the scenario is that will stop him from selling cos I want this clown out no matter what
    Even if some of our lame supporters deserve this lamest of owners

Back to back promotions and Champions League football :smile:
  • Davo55 said:

More to the point isn't it who do we believe, Airman or Richard Murray?
  • By the way, my point yesterday about not everything needs a statement, I meant we haven't heard from the manager yet, or seen any of our summer transfer dealings, so why put out a statement now? Slade might come out today and say hes been appointed to sell our players and rely on the under 16's for the first 11, or he might come out and say we have £20m to spend on players. we have no idea and in my eyes putting out a statement before his first interview is CARD shooting their load a bit early.

Unless there will be another statement after the interview,in which case I expect a statement after every player bought or sold
  • seth plum said:

I am going in a minute, sad really that I will probably be the only one. But one is better than none.

A bit more notice please. I can usually get there.
  • seth plum said:

I am going in a minute, sad really that I will probably be the only one. But one is better than none.

A bit more notice please. I can usually get there.
    I assumed you were being interviewed
  • Let's remember all the decent staff who left last year and the year before as a result of excellent stewardship of the Meire/Duchatelet axis.

(People with better memories than me are going to have to help me out here)

Phil Chappel
    Mel Baroni
    Felicity Waller
    Head of security
    Etc

They didn't all leave because of results, they left because the regime are shocking to work for.
  • Let's remember all the decent staff who left last year and the year before as a result of excellent stewardship of the Meire/Duchatelet axis.

(People with better memories than me are going to have to help me out here)

Phil Chappel
    Mel Baroni
    Felicity Waller
    Head of security
    Etc

They didn't all leave because of results, they left because the regime are shocking to work for.

You could double that list and add some.
  • Meire and Murray are in the business of retaining their positions, so they will argue for the scenarios that will keep Duchatelet here the longest. That means persuading him to go all out for promotion before selling (to increase value). They will then hope to persuade him to continue, so they can too. But we won't go up, because however good Slade is, the club is a mess.

The current spin will be that no one will buy the club in League One. That is categorically untrue, as Duchatelet and Meire both know very well. Nobody should believe it when it is trotted out. The price will be lower, but the losses Duchatelet will pile up in League One and the prospective losses as failure is piled on failure means he will sell eventually.

well that's a bonus then - do badly next year and he'll sell, do well and enjoy a promotion season - we can't lose.