Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euros Last man Standing comp.

As the Euros get close, we always , in our office, have a 'last man standing ' competition which is very good...

You simply pick a team in the first round of games (there are 3 rounds in the group phases, round of 16, quarters, semis and Final (no 3rd place play off)) so 7 rounds of matches to pick from. If the team you picked wins you go through, they lose OR draw and you are out. In subsequent rounds you CANNOT pick the same team again. In a later rounds (probably the semis, that’s what happened last time) if you have already picked all the teams left in tournament then hardlines, you are out.

Game
No. Group Date KO Venue
1 A 10-Jun 20:00 France Vs Romania Stade de France, Saint-Denis
2 A 11-Jun 14:00 Albania Vs Switzerland Stade Bollaert-Delelis, Lens Agglo
3 B 11-Jun 17:00 Wales Vs Slovakia Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaus
4 B 11-Jun 20:00 England Vs Russia Stade Velodrome, Marseille
5 D 12-Jun 14:00 Turkey Vs Croatia Parc des Princes, Paris
6 C 12-Jun 17:00 Poland Vs Northern Ireland Stade de Nice, Nice
7 C 12-Jun 20:00 Germany Vs Ukraine Stade Pierre Mauroy, Lille Metropole
8 D 13-Jun 14:00 Spain Vs Czech Republic Stadium de Toulouse, Toulouse
9 E 13-Jun 17:00 Republic of Ireland Vs Sweden Stade de France, Saint-Denis
10 E 13-Jun 20:00 Belgium Vs Italy Stade de Lyon, Lyon
11 F 14-Jun 17:00 Austria Vs Hungary Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaus
12 F 14-Jun 20:00 Portugal Vs Iceland Stade Geoffroy Guichard, Saint-Etienne

This was very good for the World Cup.

If there's enough desire, we could have one on here, and i'll publish the winners/losers in each round and eventual winners.
In actual fact, I'll put 20 pounds up for the winner - £10 for the winner, and £10 for a CAFC cause or Charity of their choice.

Comments

• Options
    Did something similar where I work for the Premier League last season...

Won the last time it was held and got myself about £60
  • Options
    I'll go for.....Poland in first round.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thought it was going to be a sweep stake on England's injury list.
  • Options
    England. Yep, that's right. England.
  • Options
    Austria
  • Options
    Poland
  • Options
    Uboat said:

England have never won an opening match at a Euro.
  • Options
    I'll go for Iceland.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Uboat said:

England have never won an opening match at a Euro.
    That is a coincidence that has no bearing on the Russia game. Just watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Austria
  • Options
    Sweden
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Switzerland.
  • Options
    Can I have Spain.
  • Options
    Wales
  • Options
    Slovakia
  • Options
    Austria
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

Can I have Spain.

You can have who you like - but don't forget you wont be able to use the same country again in the tournament.
  • Options
    Switzerland for me please.
  • Options
    Portugal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Switzerland
  • Options
    Poland
  • Options
    Germany for me please Mr President
  • Options
    Iceland
  • Options
    Can the tenner for a CAFC cause go towards flowers for Katrien's parents after some twat targeted their house ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Dont forget, you have 7 rounds in total - so 7 different teams you will have to pick in order to win this - and all of them have to win in each round selected to go through - if they draw or lose IN THAT ROUND, then you are O.U.T - OUT.
    I'll publish the selections during the opening game this Friday - so, you have up to then to select a team, or if you want to amend your already selected teams, then feel free to do so.
    I'll then publish the results on June 15 and then you can start selecting for the next round of games.

At the moment, all you need to do is pick one team that you believe will win their opening game (and that you think you wont need again in the tourno).
  • Options

Can the tenner for a CAFC cause go towards flowers for Katrien's parents after some twat targeted their house ;-)

Errrr, no - thats definitely a no-go ! :smile:
  • Options
    Poland
  • Options
    In the unfortunate event that Kateien is still CEO come February, we can all send her flowers for Valentine's Day.
  • Options

Dont forget, you have 7 rounds in total - so 7 different teams you will have to pick in order to win this - and all of them have to win in each round selected to go through - if they draw or lose IN THAT ROUND, then you are O.U.T - OUT.
    I'll publish the selections during the opening game this Friday - so, you have up to then to select a team, or if you want to amend your already selected teams, then feel free to do so.
    I'll then publish the results on June 15 and then you can start selecting for the next round of games.

At the moment, all you need to do is pick one team that you believe will win their opening game (and that you think you wont need again in the tourno).

Is it over 90 minutes or do you still win if your team win via exta time and penalties (obviously for the later rounds)