Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade

Thoughts on the new manager?

Comments

• Options
    tgarrat1 said:

gone by Christmas

• Options
    Meh
  • Options
    Not the man I wanted but we could have ended up with a lot worse so to be fair I'm moderately happy
  • Options
    edited June 2016

tgarrat1 said:

gone by Christmas

Number one for Christmas!
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

He's bald
  • Options
    The best we could hope for in our situation. Whether he succeeds relies entirely on the ownership
  • Options
    As I have accepted the absolute shit show we are in and no one good would touch us, it cheered me up slightly that we have appointed him as I was expecting worse. Will support him and think he can make us a more solid side but don't expect an awful lot.
  • Options
    Is he a manager or head coach?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cosmic.
  • Options
    I hope journos especially the local ones ask the right questions at the press conference. Specifically does he have full control over the signings, loans etc.
  • Options
    So can we assume he was willing to let Roly and Nightmeire choose his signings?
  • Options
    Well he is going to have to work with youngsters.

Young Kevin Lisbie did well under his management for Orient!

#Justsayinginjest
  • Options
    Welcome Uncle Russell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope journos especially the local ones ask the right questions at the press conference. Specifically does he have full control over the signings, loans etc.

What's he going to say though. 'No I'm just a puppet and I do what I'm told for my £40k'?
  • Options
    "A press conference to officially unveil the Addicks' new Manager will take place at The Valley on Tuesday"

First question. So Russell, will you be allowed to sign your own players?

If yes, we have a chance.
    If no, then nothing has changed.
  • Options
    Good luck Russell, Lets now see if you are your own man or a little bitch like the lot before you.
  • Options
    Not seen any indication of who he will be bringing as part of his backroom team. Perhaps Katie hasn't told him yet.
  • Options

What's he going to say though. 'No I'm just a puppet and I do what I'm told for my £40k'?
    Then the follow up would.be, why are you so desperate to take the job knowing the limitations or are you hoping to be sacked by Christmas with a nice payoff!
  • Options
    I hope he does well. Good luck Mr Slade.
  • Options

Then the follow up would.be, why are you so desperate to take the job knowing the limitations or are you hoping to be sacked by Christmas with a nice payoff!
    That's the spirit.

• Options

"A press conference to officially unveil the Addicks' new Manager will take place at The Valley on Tuesday"

Of course to the public it will be a yes though!!
  • Options

Of course to the public it will be a yes though!!
    I think we will know the answer pretty quickly once the first few players sign on the dotted line.