Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

He's got no hair, we don't care ! Russell Slade Officially Appointed

Comments

• Options
    Really is annoying me now.

Is the Russell Slade song just a constant repeat of: He's got no hair, we dont care or is there more to it?
  • Options
    I care, what has ne done that makes anyone think he can get us promoted?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    This is brand new information.

5th thread on him perhaps?
  • Options

Taken two clubs to the play-offs. Was a point from getting Orient in the L1 play-offs. Been L1 manager of the year twice.

Everyone wants KM and RD gone, but that isn't happening, at least not at the moment. Fans asked for an English manager, not a Head Coach, on a long term deal - and that's what we've got. Whether he is allowed to operate like a manager should be able to, we will have to see. But I can't see the point is moaning about EVERYTHING, all the time, even when we got what we asked for, just because it's not Mourinho. We're in L1 - Slade is a perfectly reasonable appointment, even if he's not the most exciting. Personally, I'm having a day off from moaning about CAFC.

• Options
    welcome Russell and all the VERY best of luck and good fortune .. you're gonna need them .. NOW, get team rebuilding tout de suite
  • Options
    Yeah it's official, we will look forward to what he has to offer.
  • Options

for my part, promotion would be a right bonus given the state of the club and especially the playing staff .. a couple of seasons of stability and general progress would be OK for me
  • Options

main factor as to whether he gets us promoted or not is whether we invest well in the squad or not, if we don't then we won't get anywhere near the top, if we do, then we have a decent chance imo.
    obviously investing in the squad well relies on duchatelet and meire letting slade sign who he likes and not interfering.
  • Options
    Good luck Russell. If you think football is a mad world to be in, you ain't seen nothing yet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is interesting they have called him a manager and not head coach....I hope Russell has insisted on a change in policy and after previous interests on Wilder failed here, they were desperate enough to agree this time

Probably wishful thinking though!
  • Options

Is the Russell Slade song just a constant repeat of: He's got no hair, we dont care or is there more to it?

Not a lot. And, as far as Charlton are concerned, that song belongs to Stevie Gritt anyway.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Taken two clubs to the play-offs. Was a point from getting Orient in the L1 play-offs. Been L1 manager of the year twice.

Everyone wants KM and RD gone, but that isn't happening, at least not at the moment. Fans asked for an English manager, not a Head Coach, on a long term deal - and that's what we've got. Whether he is allowed to operate like a manager should be able to, we will have to see. But I can't see the point is moaning about EVERYTHING, all the time, even when we got what we asked for, just because it's not Mourinho. We're in L1 - Slade is a perfectly reasonable appointment, even if he's not the most exciting. Personally, I'm having a day off from moaning about CAFC.

Your faith is generous. I suspect it will go unrewarded. Did you not understand the message of the banner at the Burnley game?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Not a lot. And, as far as Charlton are concerned, that song belongs to Stevie Gritt anyway.
    There are two versions of that chant though, the Steve Gritt version and Bob Peeters version are to different tunes...
  • Options

MrLargo said:

There are two versions of that chant though, the Steve Gritt version and Bob Peeters version are to different tunes...
    I stand corrected, can't remember the Bob Peeters version, slept through most of his reign though to be fair.
  • Options

How many threads do we need on Russell Slade?

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Vincenzo said:

Agreed, day off of moaning CAFC. Not a terrible appointment.

Meire and Duchatelet are still an infection though.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Vincenzo said:

Agreed, day off of moaning CAFC. Not a terrible appointment.

Meire and Duchatelet are still an infection though.
    I also agree. KM and RD have made some terrible decisions, but when they do something right, we should at least acknowledge it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Agreed, day off of moaning CAFC. Not a terrible appointment. Meire and Duchatelet are still an infection though.

As mentioned before, that this is seen as a decent/not bad appointment and that we are all happy not to have another foreign manager is a sign of how Duchatalet/Meire have screwed over Charlton. We are left to clutch at any straw on offer.

That stupid woman is probably delighted and thinks this has ended protests overnight. Let's see ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It is interesting they have called him a manager and not head coach....I hope Russell has insisted on a change in policy and after previous interests on Wilder failed here, they were desperate enough to agree this time

Probably wishful thinking though!

Very wishful.

Slade is probably already looking forward to the nice pay off on his 3 year deal when he's sacked before christmas.
  • Options
    But we do care about:
    He's got no players
    He's got no budget
    He's got no autonomy

I suppose I could be wrong about one or two of those, maybe, perhaps...

He's definitely got no hair
  • Options

Doo Daa, Doo Daa
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Fans asked for all of this.......in league one.

That's right, fans wanted Charlton to only be normal after relegation.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

How many threads do we need on Russell Slade?

6. A thread for every point we pick up during his time in charge.