Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Japanese Schoolboy

I love this story. The kids cheeky grin has made my morning. The dad's apology is something too.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/03/japanese-boy-yamato-tanooka-missing-forest-found-alive-punishment-parents

Comments

• Options
    Love it when a naughty kid is celebrated basically for being naughty :D
  • Options
    Little toe rag. Nice ending.
  • Options
    Little toe rag? Naughty kid?

The child was probably behaving/acting up like any other seven year old does and his parents decided to abandon him in a forest! If anything I find this story worrying and certainly don't get a 'feel good' feeling from it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Little toe rag? Naughty kid?

The child was probably behaving/acting up like any other seven year old does and his parents decided to abandon him in a forest! If anything I find this story worrying and certainly don't get a 'feel good' feeling from it.

The feel good part of the story was that I and most people who followed it assumed the kid was dead. It was nice to wake up to a smiling kid rather than a picture of a body bag being carried off a mountain.
  • Options
    This kid is going to have his parents over his barrel for the rest of his life. Every time he is messing about and his parents chastise him, "Heeeey, remember that time you left me in the forest? The one with, you know, all the bears? Remind me how long that was for again?" *Continues to kick grandma
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased the child was found alive and unhurt - however it is a situation he should have never been in, and who knows if there is going to be any long term mental damage.
  • Options
    Thought this thread title was going to be about the minimum experience expected by Katrien of our next manager...

"Must have the managerial experience of a..."
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Thought this thread title was going to be about the minimum experience expected by Katrien of our next manager...

"Must have the managerial experience of a..."

Surviving on his own for six days in a shed with just water and then coming out smiling shows more initiative, intelligence and wherewithal than any of RD's managerial appointments.
  • Options
    Clearly a resourceful and resilient 7 year old to have found the army camp and survived there on his own for 7 days.

I would have thought he's also got his parents over a barrel regarding his future behaviour - they'll think twice before they 'discipline' him again....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have tied the little shit to a tree...
  • Options
    The parents report their son to have been throwing stones at cars and people. Their choice was to abandon him.
    They could have attempted to change the scenario by everybody leaving. They could have tried to physically restrain him. They could have hit him or thrown stones at him. They could have tried to explain why his stone throwing was out of order.
    One way of explaining it was out of order to throw stones at people would be to invite empathy for them and how they would feel. They tried to say 'see what it's like to feel bad', and drove off.
    They made a bad judgement call, and it appears that the lad simply dealt with it, like a cat moving on to the next thing.
    Explaining, and encouraging children to have empathy is a time consuming task, and many parents short cut that with a slap instead.
    These parents tried their own version of a slap.
  • Options
    I don't know how true this is but apparently Hollywood are all over this already. In their version he's found when he's 13 and then gets shagged by his teacher..