Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien - this is how to do customer service

So, along with many others I email KM earlier in the season and got no response. Next I followed up with KM and copied RM. no response. Finally the CAFC Fans email was set up, I emailed, got an acknowledgement 24 hours later and a fairly unsubstantial response 2 weeks later. In my email to KM/RD I advised if I did not get a response I would not renew my season ticket as it would tell me what they thought of me as a fan. I did not renew. Last season I spent over £1K on Charlton so that money is lost to them now.

Last night I was thinking about a mate of mine who is a Palace fan and flew all the way back from New Zealand where he now lives to the 2x Wembley games and turns 40 this year. He has always been good to me remembering my birthdays in recent years and I thought I should make an effort. So I guessed Steve Parish's email and at 23.29 last night emailed him to see if I could get something signed for my mate. SP emailed me back at 23.49 copying in his head of customer service and asking her to arrange something. At 9am this morning, she followed up asking for my address and saying she would pop a card in the post.

In my email to SP I even admitted I was a CAFC fan and was not keen on Palace!

I hate to admit it, but they are 1million times better run than us. This episode has reaffirmed to me how badly we are run as I had wondered whether it was a 'football' thing and all clubs treated their fans/customers the same as we do.

Comments

• Options
    Feck. That's depressing.
  • Options
    They have an owner (that although is a slimy tosser) is very bright and understands that customers fans are the lifeblood of any club.

He also cares passionately about his club. Unlike our owners who look down their nose and sneer at anyone who disagrees with them.
  • Options
    Other threads have proved what a good owner he is ..impressive.
  • Options
    Parish is a Nigel and had all the sliminess that entails but away from that he's a good, smart bloke who knows how to run a football club.
  • Options

Parish is a Nigel and had all the sliminess that entails but away from that he's a good, smart bloke who knows how to run a football club.

But he's still a c***.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'd definitely have emailed Eddie Izzard but your choice worked out.

That's nice of him. It's probably worth noting that not many people in the game would do that. A genuinely touching gesture.
  • Options
    The sort of thing that Charlton used to do when we had Charlton people running the club.

But hey, who cares about history or customers, there's always others fans waiting when you've pissed off all your existing client base.
  • Options
    For years we were known as a well run family club, that did things conservatively and correctly. It was an image that sometimes pissed me off...the "too friendly" image wins many friends but not many football matches or trophies. I wanted a litte bit of nastiness, on and off the field, a little edge. Well, in true Charlton fashion we have surpassed ourselves. We are now run by a bunch on incompetetant cnuts. I shall be much more wary about what I wish for in future!
  • Options
    Havent Palace recently kicked a load of Season Ticket holders from their long term spots to make room for more corporate seating though?
  • Options
    Bit sad that he replied to a Charlton fan in 20 minutes at near 12 on a Wednesday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

Bit sad that he replied to a Charlton fan in 20 minutes at near 12 on a Wednesday night.

He is Palarse... so he's hardly going to be a pussy magnet. More likely to be at home in front of a newly opened bottle of Clearasil.
  • Options
    Having worked for Steve Parish for 8 years I can confirm that apart from the obvious flaw in his personality, he is a top bloke and a very astute businessman. Christ it hurts to say that!
  • Options

For years we were known as a well run family club, that did things conservatively and correctly. It was an image that sometimes pissed me off...the "too friendly" image wins many friends but not many football matches or trophies. I wanted a litte bit of nastiness, on and off the field, a little edge. Well, in true Charlton fashion we have surpassed ourselves. We are now run by a bunch on incompetetant cnuts. I shall be much more wary about what I wish for in future!

They're not nasty. They are just breathtakingly useless.
  • Options
    One thing that comes to mind is that Charlton are not a big enough company that every email, no matter the content, should not be answered promptly and efficiently. If Palace, in the Premier League, can deal with correspondence straight away then so should we.

Realistically, how many emails was Katrien ignoring per day before the separate generic email address was set up? Dopey cow.