Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

American teacher caught sleeping with a student (image at the bottom)

edited June 2016 in Not Sports Related
Just wondering what the forum's thoughts are on this. I know it's ridiculously wrong for a teacher (24) to do this with a student (allegedly 13 though looks older) but if you were the kid you'd certainly have a spring in your step.

The strange thing is his parents were aware and seemingly happy with things, It all went to shit when she got pregnant.

What a 24-year-old Aldine ISD teacher is accused of doing with one of her students is disturbing at best. Prosecutors say Alexandria Vera not only engaged in a sexual relationship with one of her 13-year-old students. The teacher, who has one child, also got pregnant by the eighth-grader. Parents we spoke to were in disbelief.

"Horrible for any father or any family member going through this situation," says Gerson Bonilla, a father.

An Aldine Independent School District peace officer was assigned to conduct a follow-up investigation about an improper relationship between Vera and a student at Stovall Middle School, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Vera, an English teacher, allegedly admitted to having a sexual relationship since September with the student. A report said the student was in the teacher's eighth-grade English class. The DA's Office said the officer received school records showing the student to be under the age of 14 at the time Vera began the sexual relationship.

Vera told the officer that she first met the student during a summer school session. The DA's Office said the student, who was in her English class, tried to communicate with the teacher on Instagram. She later sent a message to the student after not being in class, which led to the student asking for her phone number.

Vera said the student asked if the two of them could hang out and she said 'yes,' according to court documents. She told the officer she drove to the student's house to pick the student up, in which they drove around and she said that they kissed in the car.

The next day, Vera said she drove over to the student's house again because the student's parents were not home. According to the report, Vera said this was the first time she and the student had sex. Officials believe this was in September.

But in court documents Vera says the student's parents not only knew about the relationship, they approved of it and allowed the teen to spend the night at Vera's home here in Spring where they would engage in sex on a regular basis. She told an investigator she would drop him off at home in the morning so he could catch the bus to school at Stovall Middle School.

Vera told the officer that in October the school had an open house and this was when she met the student's parents. After the open house, Vera went over to the student's home and was introduced as the student's girlfriend to the student's parents. According to the report, Vera said the parents were accepting of their relationship and she was invited to family gatherings.

"When you send your kid to the school you think everything will be safe for them and everything," says Bonilla. "But I think this is something that is serious that needs to be investigated."

Vera said the relationship with the student grew and they continued to have sex and spend time together. According to court reports, Vera said in January she got pregnant with the student's baby. She told the officer that the student's family was told of the pregnancy and that they were very supportive and excited about the baby.

Court documents said Vera ended up having an abortion after she got nervous when Child Protective Services unexpectedly showed up at school in February to question her and the student about their relationship. The DA's Office said Vera denied the relationship at that time.

Vera's phone was forensically analyzed by the officer. According to the report, many messages between the teacher and student were consistent with what she had said.

She now faces a charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child but police have not been able to find her to serve an arrest warrant.

Comments

• That is mental.
  • DA9 said:

Irellevant what she looks like, she's 24, he's 13, she's a paedophile in a position of trust, lock her up.

spot on

• DA9 said:

Irellevant what she looks like, she's 24, he's 13, she's a paedophile in a position of trust, lock her up.

In the words of the great Joe Jackson "It's different for Girls". Don't condone her actions but far more serious if sexes were reversed. I was an immature 13 yo, but can't imagine I would have been emotionally damaged by this, apart from the 'Dad' bit. The bragging rights would have been awesome.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    She's wrong no doubt, but at 13 I'd have given my right arm for a go on a woman like that. Surely nearly every lads fantasy. She is wrong for doing it though just to reiterate.

Edit- I'd give both arms now
  • It's easy to be flippant on this one but there is an underlying seriousness which can't be ignored.

• I've got a son and a daughter at school. Without giving this too much thought I'd have a far more violent reaction if it had happened to my daughter than my boy. Rightly or wrongly I believe most men would.
  • This thread could get interesting.

At 13 years old I'd have been buzzing to begin with if I was him (who wouldn't be!), but she must have a screw loose and the pregnancy stuff gets pretty dark. It'll probably end up being quite damaging for the kid, and she's broken a pretty big law, especially being in a position of trust - so should be jailed for it.

It probably shouldn't be, but think it'd be way worse if it was the other way around and the genders were reversed though.
  • edited June 2016
    it is wrong but has anyone seen 'that's my boy' with Adam Sandler? terrible movie but very similar situation to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPV2L2CGWdQ
  • DA9 said:

Spot on. Nothing more too add.
  • If this proves to be true, then it's an abhorrent, shameful act of abuse. Just as if it were a male adult teacher and a female student.
  • Sponsored links:

• T said:

Adam Johnson got 6 years for doing similar.

It's funny how we all, myself included, think lucky bugger when an under aged boy gets hold of his attractive teacher. But turn into some pitchfork wielding outraged of the internet when the roles are reversed.

Yeah its called jealousy ;)
  • I've got a son and a daughter at school. Without giving this too much thought I'd have a far more violent reaction if it had happened to my daughter than my boy. Rightly or wrongly I believe most men would.

Serious question, what if the teacher was male?
  • Daggs said:

As a male it's easy to take the attitude 'lucky boy' But it's not lucky at all. The whole issue is damaging on many levels. She was in a position of trust. Unfortunately she is now a sexual abuser/criminal.

Very true, poor kid will be scarred by it. A bit like you always remember the kid who shit himself at school (Robert Richards, Days Lane Infants 1974), he'll always be known as the kid who shagged the teacher.
    Always thought your name was Dave not Robert?
  • My boy is 13 years old, 6ft tall and 13st and i honestly think an adult woman making sexual advances would frighten and certainly confuse him. I think she's got something wrong with her.
  • C_A_F_C said:

I've got a son and a daughter at school. Without giving this too much thought I'd have a far more violent reaction if it had happened to my daughter than my boy. Rightly or wrongly I believe most men would.

Serious question, what if the teacher was male?
    As several have said - it seems to be perceived as more serious if a male teach grooms a female student. "Chop his balls off and let him die" type of thing.

When a female does it it seems to be slightly different.

I suppose having been a teenage boy (many moons ago) I know they aren't always as innocent as girls of the same age can be and that's where the perception differs. From the pics I've seen of the student he certainly doesn't look anything like a 13 year old but that doesn't alter the fact that he is a child.

• Her daughter is closer to his age. Just because she looks attractive with some slap on doesn't make it okay, needs locking up
  • DAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!

*puts eyes back in sockets*
  • Wrong un. Nonce .
  • DA9 said:

For those saying it would be more serious if it were a male teacher and female pupil, why?
    13 year old child, vunerable and not in any position to say no, that's why the laws are there. The law is the law, regardless of gender or perceived attractiveness, if she had been a Chavvy Jeremy Kyle candidate with missing teeth, greasy hair and a primark tracksuit she would have been getting harder criticism. Double standards, and IMO you are condoning it if you think otherwise.

I agree with you but the law and society in general doesn't seem to.