Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Eye

Been hoping for a brighter day at some point this week but gonna have to take our boys up London tomorrow as last day of half term.

Is it worth going on the London Eye when bit grey like forecast? Boys are only 3&5 so probably the experience rather than all the views they are interested in but wouldn't mind a view ourselves.

Can you still see quite a bit on a cloudy day?

Gonna go on to the London aquarium after.

Comments

• I'd say worth it as long as you don't queue for long, aquarium is brilliant and they will love it...watch out for walking over the shark tank as you go in
  • I was lucky, when we did the Eye it was a clear day. However when we went on the Emerites cable car it was overcast and spoilt the view.
  • Will book tickets today so will have a time slot and bit of a discount.

Thanks
  • edited June 2016
    I was up there yesterday (vicinity not on The Eye) and the cloud cut off the top of The Shard, but everything else seemed visible.
    Rain is expected in the afternoon.
  • 2for1 if you have two valid, paper national rail tickets. Travelcard, or a ticket for the sake of the discount - it doesn't matter.
  • My two daughters went up the Melbourne Star (similar to London Eye). Same age as your boys. They were well excited, when they saw the wheel, but within a couple of minutes after it had started moving, they asked me when it would start speeding up.
    Basically too slow and boring for kids of that age (mine anyway).
  • Went up in winter and it was a bit miserable.the view is still spectacular. Your kids will love the aquarium my girls were 4 and 6 when we did this and they really enjoyed both.
  • MrOneLung said:

Well we went up there today. Hadn't pre booked anything like we normally would as was unsure about weather and one of the boys been bit poorly.

Was going to get tickets for the eye when a woman offered us a fast track adult and child ticket as her granddaughter was too scared to go on with rest of their family so only had to pay for one fast track for me as youngest got on free which was nice. Views ok but bit samey after first ten mins. Could do with telescopes in there. In my opinion wheel should be twice as fast and half as cheap.

Spot of lunch then went to get tickets for aquarium. A woman walked up as we got near and asked if wanted her free adult with a paying child vouchers as they were going home and not using them. A second result meaning me and the wife got in free and just paid for the two boys. They loved the aquarium but it sure did get warm in there.

In all the boys enjoyed themselves and thank you to two random strangers for their generosity. We ended up saving nearly 50 quid more than booking in advance as we would normally do.

What was your wearing to attract such good fortune?
  • speedos.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

speedos.

Were these women impressed, or were they taking pity on you ;-)