Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calling City Addicks

15 June - Londoners & the Somme 6 - 7.00 pm

St Lawrence Jewry church, Guildhall Yard.

Free lecture by our own Clive Harris.

Come along and see how many mentions of Charlton he get squeeze in and hear a fascinating and informative talk on WW1.

Comments

• Options
    There is a cracking WW1 exhibition in the city right now. Guildhall Yard currently has some very thought provoking photos of battlefields from WW1.
  • Options
    Went last night. Excellent photos and all free and outdoors

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/visit-the-city/whats-on/Pages/somme.aspx
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and make that.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Say hi. Clive will be short guy rabbiting on up the front. I'll be the one heckling him : - )
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Jints said:

Say hi. Clive will be short guy rabbiting on up the front. I'll be the not so vertically challenged (tall) one heckling him : - )
    Padded that out a bit for you Henners just for the sake of clarity :wink: .
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    RedChaser said:

Jints said:

Say hi. Clive will be short guy rabbiting on up the front. I'll be the not so vertically challenged (tall) one heckling him : - )
    I'm normal, it's the others who are freaks ; - )
  • Options
    I'll bring the black and white beachballs
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Jints said:

I'm normal, it's the others who are freaks ; - )
    I'll take that as a compliment then
  • Options

15 June - Londoners & the Somme 6 - 7.00 pm

St Lawrence Jewry church, Guildhall Yard.

Free lecture by our own Clive Harris.

Come along and see how many mentions of Charlton he get squeeze in and hear a fascinating and informative talk on WW1.

This night next week

And if your still interested in the Somme after hearing @SE7toSG3 whittle on about it there is an all night event at the Imperial War Museum on the night of the 30 June/1 July.

http://www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-london/the-night-before-the-somme
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went over to Thiepval and stayed a couple of days before the Burnley game. Good to see that they are finally replacing some of the names that got eroded by time.
  • Options
    Looks really interesting thanks Henry. Just booked a place.
  • Options
    Tonight's the night.

Rumour that the new owners linked to Peter Varney will be there*

*this may not be true
  • Options
    No need to book just turn up. see you all tonight
  • Options
    Thanks to all who came along last night, a real privilege to speak at such a great venue and I managed to get a few Addicks references in as well.

The main thing is Mike Sheil's exhibition in the Guildhall courtyard, it's well worth a look and his photography of the battlefields is stunning. It's free and on display until 3 July when it moves to both Belfast and Dublin.
  • Options
    Must go and see Mike's excellent work Clive. Sorry I missed the talk but will catch the next one.
    Spoke to someone at the Mary Evans photo library last week, a fan of Mike's photo's and knew Clive as well.