Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does anyone actually care who the next manager is?

I'm sure like many other Charlton fans I have next to no interest in who the next manager or coach is as I imagine they will be given an impossible task. Only somebody desperate would work for these owners so they might as well get someone useless and cheap in from the network rather than pretend they're going through some sort of recruitment process.
Our club has just become an embarrassment and tbh I have no interest in next season. I can't see us being remotely competitive in L1 and all we can look forward to is pity from opposing supporters.

Comments

• I care, but probably not for the usual reasons :neutral:
  • Yes, I care greatly who manages Charlton.
  • Bloody right I do, despite the Belgian tossers being the owners I support the team throughout, I expect nothing but glory next season
  • Every Charlton supporter should care. It's one of the reasons we are protesting, having a string of nobodies with Belgian connections.
  • edited May 2016
    Yes. Anything less than Marc Wilmots or Colin will need to be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his days...
  • se9addick said:

Yes, I care greatly who manages Charlton.

This

But while squirrel face and roly doeshitalot are still in post there are bigger concerns than the suitability or qualifications of any so called first team manager/head-coach/interimsomethingorotheruntilwethinkofsomethingelsetocallthepoordeludedtwat
  • The Belgians don't seem to care either , judging by the time it's taking to lure some poor mug to coach the players he /she will be given .
  • Yes I care but have a feeling that it will be a network manager. What British manager would want to come and manage ( in the loosest sense of the word) CAFC at present ?
  • edited May 2016
    I care. It just seems to have turned in to a shambolic situation - a few weeks ago were all set to appoint wilder. When your first choice doesn't happen you have a plan b.....well most teams do. You would think we would want the new puppet Manager to have as long as possible to plan for the new season. But not us. This mob are so arrogant they probably just assume planning for a season takes a couple of days.

I don't know what the hold up is - why dont they take their usual approach - anybody will do. Just goes to show though how much disregard they are held in within football - nobody worth their salt wants to work for them (at least that's how I see the delay), they have continually appointed no marks from their inner circle, have run out of numpties to employ and are now reaping the rewards of being an incompetent pair of arsewipes.
  • Sponsored links:

• I care but nowhere near as much as I would if you asked me 2/3 years ago.
  • I'm indifferent, whoever gets the job under Duchatelet is an irrelevance.

It's the new owner's manager that matters.
  • _MrDick said:

Silly question, IMO ... If you don't care you shouldn't be supporting Charlton ... CTID

I wondered how long it would be before the people who decide what you have to do to support Charlton came out of the woodwork.

Support the protests.
    Don't support the protests.
    Buy a season ticket.
    Don't buy a season ticket.

I don't give a toss who "manages" Charlton because they won't actually be managing Charlton and I'm supporting Northampton next season.
  • _MrDick said:

Silly question, IMO ... If you don't care you shouldn't be supporting Charlton ... CTID

I wondered how long it would be before the people who decide what you have to do to support Charlton came out of the woodwork.

Support the protests.
    Don't support the protests.
    Buy a season ticket.
    Don't buy a season ticket.

I don't give a toss who "manages" Charlton because they won't actually be managing Charlton and I'm supporting Northampton next season.
    Smart arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
  • I hope they can't find anyone to take the job, so bring back Carol to stoke up the protests. By the end of October we're bottom of the League with nul points, Roland gives up, sells up and goes home Sorted.
  • Yes I care . But I can only watch events unfold by squinting through small gaps between my fingers while my hands are covering my eyes .
  • Il be heading to all kinds of slightly crap div 1 northern grounds and yes actually I want to watch a wining Charlton side with a bit of passion, class and attacking football. So yes I do care who the manager is.
  • Care but also relatively resigned to it being disappointing
  • Yes I care. If you don't your not a true supporter!