Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man arrested for offensive t-shirt

124»

Comments

• Options

...mind you Algarve and Se9addick gave us the go ahead to be a little bi angry

; )

Is that like bi-curious?
    Thought to myself; 'Should I correct that typo or not'.......
  • Options

Go arrest me!!
  • Options

Go arrest me!!

For being a liar? Naaah, not worth it :wink:
  • Options
    Should mums be arrested for letting their 7 year old daughter wear playboy the shirts
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Should mums be arrested for letting their 7 year old daughter wear playboy the shirts

Charlton Life - posing all of the big questions
  • Options

I'm assuming he is referring to the people of Northern Ireland?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

se9addick said:

cafctom said:

I know the content is different but why was this man arrested yet the bloke with an Islamic State flag outside Parliament was allowed to walk free without arrest?

Because the police get it wrong sometimes. I wasn't aware of this, and my first thought was that having a flag isn't illegal. I then did a bit of research and a quote from a copper at the time indicated that actually, in this case, it was.

“Wearing, carrying or displaying of an emblem or flag, by itself, is not an offence unless the way in which, or the circumstance in which, the emblem is worn, carried or displayed is such as to cause reasonable suspicion that the person is a supporter or member of a proscribed organisation.

“While support of and membership of ISIS is unlawful it is not a criminal offence to advocate the creation of an independent state.”

Now call me old fashioned, but if draping a socking great flag around yourself and having your child wave one in the air isn't showing your support for something, I'm Charlie's aunt?

If I were walking down the street wearing a red and white scarf, with a red and white flag around my shoulders with a big white sword in a black circle on it, with the words "Charlton Athletic Football Club" written on it, and a policeman was looking for a Charlton fan for some unspecified offence, I wonder how far I would get in persuading him that in fact I had no interest in football and in no way supported whoever this "Charlton Athletic Football Club" were?

This does not mean that I have become a right wing nutter, just that I agree in this particular case that a mistake was made by a couple of coppers on the beat. They are not perfect.
    The St Georges day before last, me and three of my mates were heading home from Greenwich back home to Maidstone and unfurled our St Georges Maidstone flag on the quiet late night train.

About 30 mins in we were approached by 3 policeman and asked to take it down as it could cause offence - I kid you not.
    Just to be clear - all you had done is unfurl a St Georges flag, nothing else, and the police told you to take it down else you might cause offence (I.e not a safety thing of summit)?
    Yeah.

Oh, and snorting charlie off the train drivers bald spot whilst singing anti-IRA songs and waving their willys around like helicopters.
    Yep just our standard behaviour - I didn't see the problem lol.
  • Options
    http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/police-search-for-missing-mum-who-hasnt-posted-on-facebook-for-15-minutes/

I had the shirt made for my mate who believes he started the witty terrace ditty 'we pay your benefits' , repeated ad infinitum. He sings it to any fans north of Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But to answer se9addick, that was the extent of it just the flag tied up in a near empty carriage.

We did argue our case but have learnt that those scenarios only end up going one way, so reluctantly took it down.

To be fair one of the ob did seem sympathetic to our predicament.
  • Options

http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/police-search-for-missing-mum-who-hasnt-posted-on-facebook-for-15-minutes/

I had the shirt made for my mate who believes he started the witty terrace ditty 'we pay your benefits' , repeated ad infinitum. He sings it to any fans north of Charlton.
    I was only joking as Kitchener was from Ireland (Kerry I think?)
  • Options

You learn something every day!
  • Options

I thought he was from Dagenham.

Perhaps @MillwallFan can confirm.

• Options

But to answer se9addick, that was the extent of it just the flag tied up in a near empty carriage.

We did argue our case but have learnt that those scenarios only end up going one way, so reluctantly took it down.

To be fair one of the ob did seem sympathetic to our predicament.

A predicament that should never have existed! What a farce. I hate that 'someone might be offended' line. I don't know where this misguided bollox came from; it's made up as far as I can tell. The England flag, in England on the English national patron's day.
  • Options
    I find it offensive that an ISIS flag - an organisation responsible for terrible attrocities was allowed to be displayed. Any person displaying it has crossed a line and deserves police intervention and action. Let's get this into context. Who disagrees with that?
  • Options
    I don't think it serves any useful purpose dragging up old threads such as this guys
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!