Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon vs Plymouth league 2 final

I'm here - one of my best mates is a Don's fan

I just saw Steve Dixon - was he at Wimbledon at some official capacity, or was it Orient?

Comments

• Come on Plymouth.
  • I want Wimbledon to win so that we can face them next year! Local game essentially
  • At the pub designated for the Don's. Looking around, I'll never see this under RD
  • cabbles said:

At the pub designated for the Don's. Looking around, I'll never see this under RD

Is it just the two of you ? :wink:
  • cabbles said:

At the pub designated for the Don's. Looking around, I'll never see this under RD

Don't be silly. He can certainly take us down to the tier 4 yet.
  • cabbles said:

Of course you will, there's always the FA Trophy final.
  • My memory of Wimbledon is them hacking us to death at Selhurst with Vinnie Jones,Fashanu/Winterburn playing for them - it was like watching a footy version of a pinball machine - at soon as they got the ball it was pinged up front for someone to leg onto or Fashanu to hold up whilst the cavalry arrived.
  • My memory of Wimbledon is them hacking us to death at Selhurst with Vinnie Jones,Fashanu/Winterburn playing for them - it was like watching a footy version of a pinball machine - at soon as they got the ball it was pinged up front for someone to leg onto or Fashanu to hold up whilst the cavalry arrived.

Remember it well.
    Repulsive bunch of scummy thugs.
    They would have done Millwall proud.
  • Simon Clark working there today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would like to see Wimbledon win but fancy Plymouth just.
  • Would be interesting to see the Dons go up against franchise fc in the league, but as my in laws are in Plymouth I want them to win as it kills two birds with one stone. Family visit and away game yay
  • Saw Plymouth play Portsmouth in semis , and they were a tidy team - certainly a much better team than Pompey on the day.
  • Would love to see Wimbledon win it, but I can't see past a Plymouth win.

Plymouth are usually 4-2-3-1, with Matt at CF & Carey in behind.

Wimbledon are normally 4-4-2. Ardley is shaping up as a good coach capable of moving up.

Robinson & Charles need to bully Matt out of the game.
  • Hoping for a Wimbledon win as I have a lot of family down that way, who have been fans since the very old Plough Lane days.

Not all as clean living as me...sent one cousin a good luck text and I got back "cheers mate. not sure what's happening at the moment. took shrooms"!!!

I think Wimbledon definitely have the potential and in Taylor up front, as well as Akinfenwa and Ade (to come on), there's goals there. The midfield certainly weren't intimidated by Accrington in the semi.

A good local game to get to next season...although I may give a couple of cousins a miss!!!! :wink:
  • Come on you Dons!!
  • Ardley using a 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 system, which was popular late 70's, but unusual to see these days. Barcham is playing as the third attacker on the left, Smith staying deep on the right. Cloughie won two European cups with the same system, with John Robertson on the left and Martin O'Neill on the right.

• McCormack feigning injury there. Taylor went in on the long ball but no contact on the keeper.
  • Wimbledon are imposing their game on Plymouth. Carey & Matt not getting a kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tutt-Tutt said:

Would love to see Wimbledon win it, but I can't see past a Plymouth win.

Wimbledon are normally 4-4-2. Ardley is shaping up as a good coach capable of moving up.

You like Ardley Tutt-Tutt, but the coach i think is the more influential is the Argyle bloke, Derek Adams - and someone who should be on Charltons radar tbh. Was at Ross County before, and was very successful there too. I also like the look of their player Graham Carey who Adams brought in from Ross .
  • f we're looking for a big centre forward, the late lamented BigMak makes Elliott of the Dons look like Ibrahimovic
  • edited May 2016

Tutt-Tutt said:

Would love to see Wimbledon win it, but I can't see past a Plymouth win.

You like Ardley Tutt-Tutt, but the coach i think is the more influential is the Argyle bloke, Derek Adams - and someone who should be on Charltons radar tbh. Was at Ross County before, and was very successful there too. I also like the look of their player Graham Carey who Adams brought in from Ross .
    fair point on Adams. Let's see how he changes it for the second half, to get Carey into the game. Bulman has marked him out of the game so far. Ardley also has Akinfenwa & Azeez up his sleeve.

For League two, this has been really interesting. Clash of styles & systems.
  • Plymouth have brought more fans than Hull and Barnsley. About the same amount as Millwall.
  • Come on you Janners
  • Colin1961 put forward Derek Adams a few weeks back, maybe he has some sense after all
  • Plymouth have brought more fans than Hull and Barnsley. About the same amount as Millwall.

greeeeeennn armeeeeeee
  • Wimbledon look to me as though they 'want it more' than Plymouth who have 2 VERY lazy players up front
  • edited May 2016
    Wylde looking the outstanding player so far for Plymouth, some lovely crosses into the box.
  • Terrible game.