Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Johnnie Jackson become the next Charlton Manager?

Well? He is odds on favorite...

Would he take the job? quite a big task as a first job that's for sure,

But he would have the respect and backing of the fans, and the players surely?

Perhaps Nobby will come in as his Assistant Coach?

Next few days are set to be interesting

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Posted on other thread but relevant here I think.

ShootersHillGuruShootersHillGuru
    11:15AM
    Appointing Jacko would be an admission of failure on a monumental scale. Proof that this madcap regime don't understand football and underestimate every single aspect of what's needed to run a football club. Proof that they don't learn from previous errors and proof that they are not fit to be anywhere near our club.

Jackson is well aware of how the fans feel and without doubt knows what a precarious position Roland's ownership has placed the club. I do wonder if JJ almost feels obliged to step up to the plate if approached ? I'm not sure he would be able to stand by and watch Nobby V be given the job.

I hope that one of the names from Adkins or Slade can be persuaded but if it does come down to Jackson then there are positives to be taken.

The fans will unite behind him which won't happen with any of the other potential candidates. We know JJ will give it his all and league one is a division where new coaches can cut their teeth with some success. The league one playoff final yesterday was contested by Harris and Heckingbottom who were both first season managers. It's not all doom and gloom if Johnnie gets the job.

Ideally of course this further debacle nudges the door to Duchatelet selling up a little further open.
  • Options
    I'd take him over any other names mentioned. Harris did okay at Millwall, Howe at Bournemouth will be better than any of the idiots we've had so far.
  • Options
    Bad move if he does. He's got no support network.
  • Options

But then with 1 yr contract extension, maybe for that year he would like to give it a go.
    Who knows, and to be honest Neil Harris has done more than ok with the horrible lot down the road..
  • Options
    Would hope Jackson would decline if offered. As many others already have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But then with 1 yr contract extension, maybe for that year he would like to give it a go.
    Who knows, and to be honest Neil Harris has done more than ok with the horrible lot down the road..
    Harris hasn't had mare and Roland to contend with
  • Options
    There are a lot managers in the lower leagues who do well with their first jobs I think he'd a be a great appointment and he'll be hungry as well really hope it comes off, some people on here just like moaning
  • Options
    I'd like to see him as assistant first. Powell was assistant to Pearson at Leicester before taking us over, you can learn a lot that way
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Great club man but his appointment would be a blatant move by the board to get fans back onside, gambling the protests would melt away and that the supporters would not get on his (and so the players') backs. I hope he goes into management but starting at a club which is in meltdown is a way to end a career before it's even started.

Plus, he has already been used as a human shield by Meire so he would have to be mad not to see that he would be little more than a puppet/shield for the regime.
  • Options
    Simon Clark with JJ as assistant (perhaps playing also)
  • Options
    Obvious shoe in (already on the wage bill).
    Won't cost Roland and Shylock any or much more in wages!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't want him
    As with no support he will fail and then they will sack him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If JJ took the managers job if offered, he would be endorsing the Regime same as any English person.

They all know what the fans think about the regime so no backing to any of them as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    As much as I love JJ, I'm not sure now is the right time for him. I'd love to see him offered a job as part of our coaching setup, but I fear that he'd go on a bad run and he'd be out on his ear.

I also think he has got a lot to offer as captain this season, so maybe he needs to concentrate on that. If he is appointed manager I'd be willing him him to do a good job, but I wouldn't like to see his career with us end on a sour note.
  • Options
    I hope not, as would rather have Jackson on the pitch.
  • Options

Jacko being offered the Managers job will only be because no established Manager is prepared to come to this car crash of a club.

Is the correct answer. They also want him to act as a buffer. Don't do it JJ.
  • Options
    It will only end in tears, Johnnie Jackson, and that would be sooner rather than later. Your time will come, but not at Charlton at this point in time.
  • Options
    Taking nothing away from JJ, but I would be surprised if he was even being considered for the role.
  • Options

Taking nothing away from JJ, but I would be surprised if he was even being considered for the role.

I would think JJ would be the only logical option for this madness of a regime - they've clearly thought long and hard about 'going English' and are probably committed to doing so - however, anbody with any nous or name to protect clearly believes that joining CAFC is going to be a one-way trip for their career - and it aint gonna be upwards with these idiots. The only person who would be acceptable to all parties would be JJ - after all, he's already on the payroll and to a certain extent will be expected to take the job - however, should JJ have the sense (and he obviously does have lots) then he could still turn the offer down.
    After that, i'm afraid, the only other option is going to be Nobby.
  • Options
    "Will Johnnie Jackson become the next Charlton Manager?"

Not if he has any sense.
  • Options

One out of two ain't bad though.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

There are a lot managers in the lower leagues who do well with their first jobs I think he'd a be a great appointment and he'll be hungry as well really hope it comes off, some people on here just like moaning

Whether we like moaning or not, and I must admit to having a penchant for the odd diatribe, it will not do JJ any favours. I would not like to see anyone's career blighted by association with the debacle that is CAFC and its current owner, especially someone who feels so much for the club and for whom the fans have to much appreciation.