Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who would win?

One professional football team - let's go for a mid-table Championship side v two Sunday League teams?

11 v 22.

And if you were the amateurs what tactics would you play? Man marking? 19 behind the ball?

Comments

• Options
    I think the tactics employed by the pro outfit would be much more interesting.

Do the amateurs get two keepers?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I think the tactics employed by the pro outfit would be much more interesting.

Do the amateurs get two keepers?

Yep.
  • Options
    2 keepers? The Sunday League team will still lose, as the professionals will always have the strength and fitness to compensate for the additional players, and once they win a free kick in a dangerous area they'll score
  • Options
    I guess one keeper would be on or near the line and would be the shotstopper, and the other keeper would be the keeper-at-large, patrolling the area for scraps.

I would bloody love to be the keeper-at-large. Born to it, even
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I guess one keeper would be on or near the line and would be the shotstopper, and the other keeper would be the keeper-at-large, patrolling the area for scraps.

I would bloody love to be the keeper-at-large. Born to it, even

The Higuita?
  • Options
    I see myself as more of a Kevin Pressman gone feral
  • Options
    Sweet dreams all
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Put a tackle in ffs
  • Options
    The Sunday team wood get in each others way. The pro team would shoot on site, the accuracy and power should be enough even with two keepers

A more important question is could we beat millwall if we had 22?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to be man marking. With 22 on the pitch there's always going to be some idiot who plays everyone onside. I think TRH is right about the Sunday players getting in each others way though, for this reason I might not field all 22 at the same time. Have maybe 16-18 on the pitch and revolve a bunch of 4-6 so that everyone gets a rest.

Either that or spilt the 22 into two separate groups of 11. Eleven markers and eleven spacers. The eleven markers have a man each and have to track him absolutely everywhere. The spacers job is two fold: when in possession it is to find the biggest space possible to give plenty of opportunities. When not in possession it is to sit in the angles that the opposition would look to to make passes, thus making it very difficult for them to move the ball about.
  • Options
    When's the match?
  • Options
    Thank fck the euros start soon.
  • Options

Thank fck the euros start soon.

It's more entertaining that getting wound up by Colin on the "Still no manager" thread!
  • Options
    Question 2:

Manuel Neuer and Cristiano Ronaldo v the England Women's Team?
  • Options

Question 2:

Manuel Neuer and Cristiano Ronaldo v the England Women's Team?

Homo-Erotic fest
  • Options
    The Sunday league team, they can afford to have players sent off for crippling the pro team players.
  • Options

The Sunday league team, they can afford to have players sent off for crippling the pro team players.

When ahead on pieces, exchange
  • Options
    Leuth said:

When ahead on pieces, exchange
    @Leuth Do you play chess?
  • Options
    A bit yeah :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Put a tackle in ffs
    Like watching 55 Darren Ambroses. *Shudders*
  • Options
    If our Karel was to take charge he'd put 14 upfront and tell the rest to spread out a bit - what could possibly go wrong?