Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If we EVER got to Wembley...

Watching Hull vs Wednesday today it was obvious that Hull left many empty seats. If we got to Wembley (which under the regime is unlikely) how many do you think we would sell?

Comments

• interesting question if we get to the playoff final next season (won't happen) and the regime are still in place.
  • We'd sell out, all the plastic prem lot will come back out the woodwork and a bunch of Millwank and Please fans will come too just like a bunch of our fans will be there tomorrow in the Millwank end and a load were in with them at the FA Cup final.
  • I reckon we'd struggle selling 39,000 like Wednesday today
  • sam3110 said:

We'd sell out, all the plastic prem lot will come back out the woodwork and a bunch of Millwank and Please fans will come too just like a bunch of our fans will be there tomorrow in the Millwank end and a load were in with them at the FA Cup final.

surely not ?
  • se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

We'd sell out, all the plastic prem lot will come back out the woodwork and a bunch of Millwank and Please fans will come too just like a bunch of our fans will be there tomorrow in the Millwank end and a load were in with them at the FA Cup final.

surely not ?
    In the Barnsley end maybe
  • Think I'm going to get a bit bored with games at Wembley next 2 years ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends on what the game is for... Can't see us selling 39,000 for the paint pot trophy or league one play offs
  • Just watched the highlights... just where were **** were all the fans?
  • se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

surely not ?
    Loads went when they got to the FA Cup semi final three years ago, there's a lot of families that are a mix of Spanners and Addicks.
  • Where's Mandy when you need her.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Think I'm going to get a bit bored with games at Wembley next 2 years ;)

2 years? Brave shout John.
    May have to pull you up on that one in the future.

How long have you supported Charlton mate? Of course we'd sell out. We had nearly 40,000 there in 1998.

How long have you supported Charlton mate? Of course we'd sell out. We had nearly 40,000 there in 1998.
    Be lucky to sell 30k.
  • Riviera said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Think I'm going to get a bit bored with games at Wembley next 2 years ;)

2 years? Brave shout John.
    May have to pull you up on that one in the future.
    ah, defo two years, CL games for 16-17 and PL games for 17-18.
  • se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

surely not ?
    Yep I'll be there tomorrow as I'm going with quite a few of my millwall supporting mates
  • Sponsored links:

Don't think we sold all our tickets though ? At least, that's what I remember the mackems taunting us with.
  • steve123 said:

se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

surely not ?
    Yep I'll be there tomorrow as I'm going with quite a few of my millwall supporting mates
    At the pre-match briefing.
    The words are 'We/They want Roland out', We/they want Roland out'.
    I think they'll be able to manage it.
  • How on earth would we sell out, most of you aren't going next season!
  • We will sell out to valley gold members.

I don't think we would sell out if the national stadium was up north. Also the ticket prices will rise a lot of eyebrows.
  • edited May 2016
    We didn't sell out in 1998 and we wouldn't sell out now.
    The play off semi final v Swindon at the Valley was nowhere near a sell out.
    Throw in the friend and family crowd and I reckon we'd shift about 30,000.
  • I head up to Cumbria this week most years and I'm on the M1 at the moment. I love all the cars and coaches heading south with their flags and scarves flying. Lots of Barnsley already nearly there. I remember the year Man U played in the CL Final at Wembley, the number of coaches was amazing. The year Derby were in the playoff final was similar. Love it.

We didn't sell out and there were thousands of non Charlton fans who went with Charlton friends or family. No way would we come close to selling out at the moment.
  • steve123 said:

se9addick said:

sam3110 said:

surely not ?
    Luckily you already have the red and white scarf so you can cheer the right team!
  • edited May 2016
    We wouldn't sell out 40,000 and if it was north of the watford gap we would embarrass
    ourselves with about 10-15,000