Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking at Gatwick

2»

Comments

• use the summer special last month was £70 for 10 days. booked through gatwick airport website 5 min bus to and from terminal all v well organised
  • edited June 2018

Looking into parking there when we go away in August but there's so many bloody options. Anyone done it recently and have any recommendations?

I usually stay at the hotel the night before and tag parking on to that. Premier Inn is decent enough and is attached to the terminal (Sofitel is lovely but very expensive).

We go there after work in the evening, sleep the night and then walk through to the terminal in the morning and off we go. It extends the holiday by a day and also stops me panicking about the traffic in the morning. Lovely old job :smile:

Sometimes you can get a Meet and Greet where they meet you outside the terminal with your car - that makes the homeward journey decent and it was only something like £20 extra. You can have it valeted for another £50 if you want

Only thing I would say is August is obviously busy so you might want to do it sooner rather than later
  • I always let the pilot take care of that tbh
  • 7 days pre booked in the long stay south terminal car park. Booked a month ago cost £104.bit pricey as did simular 5 weeks ago and it wss £65.
  • Assuming you live near smudge I'd say a taxi is your best bet. I don't trust the off site parking places since my car got scratched a few years ago and had 150 extra miles on the clock from when I handed the keys over. Got a refund but I will never ever use them again.

Cheap offsite parking is not worth it if you value your car. If you aren't bothered then do that and get the shuttle bus as it's cheapest

Meet and greet is what I've done most times but the price for a reputable firm has got more expensive than getting a taxi. I paid 100 quid return to Gatwick from Chatham last year which is about what I'd pay for decent standard meet and greet.

Staying at the hotel is good for early flights but you leave your car off site, need to take a days clothes with you on holiday that would normally go in the wash which is poxy.

• Use the official valet parking , much easier with the kids
  • I would never park with a company where you hand your keys over.
  • I would never park with a company where you hand your keys over.

i never had until recently and tbh it was fine.
  • Carter said:

Assuming you live near smudge I'd say a taxi is your best bet. I don't trust the off site parking places since my car got scratched a few years ago and had 150 extra miles on the clock from when I handed the keys over. Got a refund but I will never ever use them again.

Cheap offsite parking is not worth it if you value your car. If you aren't bothered then do that and get the shuttle bus as it's cheapest

Meet and greet is what I've done most times but the price for a reputable firm has got more expensive than getting a taxi. I paid 100 quid return to Gatwick from Chatham last year which is about what I'd pay for decent standard meet and greet.

Staying at the hotel is good for early flights but you leave your car off site, need to take a days clothes with you on holiday that would normally go in the wash which is poxy.

We'd normally book a taxi mate but we'll be in the middle of having our extension done and have to get the cars off the drive (one's going to my mums).

We've gone with the North terminal valet parking, worked out at £138 for 2 weeks.
  • Taxi is the way forward, from my neck of the woods its a bulls eye both ways.
    Over the years Ive parked at Gatwick, ridiculously expensive and have used the private offside carparks, never again, after they damaged my motor, coming home the sump trim under the engine came away, no fun at midnight on the M25. Further inspection showed that they had hit the underside of the car on something, anyway they paid up, but thats not the point.
    And of course if you use a taxi, and your return flight is an evening one, you can have that last holiday drink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you have a packaged bank account?
    Can usually use their concierge services to get a discount

we use Maple Manor meet and greet and booked last week via our Natwest Concierge service and got £73 for a week in July

Drive straight to the short stay multi storey car park opposite the entrance to terminal, hand over your keys and walk into terminal.

• MrOneLung said:

How about stay night before at one of the hotels as they throw in free parking for your duration.

Did that a few years back - great for an early flight!
  • We've always used Summer Special parking with the transfer bus. Never had any issues.
  • T_C_E said:

I stay at the Sofitel hotel outside the North Terminal, it's about £230 including parking and a nights stay. Takes away all the worry of being late when you arrive the day before.

F@ck me TCE the £230 would be the price of mine and the wifes holiday.
    Have used summer special a couple of times.
  • I always use APH my car is there now as I'm on holiday now.Can get good discounts if you book in advance.Ten minutes on the shuttle bus.
  • clb74 said:

T_C_E said:

I stay at the Sofitel hotel outside the North Terminal, it's about £230 including parking and a nights stay. Takes away all the worry of being late when you arrive the day before.

F@ck me TCE the £230 would be the price of mine and the wifes holiday.
    Have used summer special a couple of times.
    Like someone else said, nice but expensive. I always think that, if I was stuck on the M25 with 2 hours to takeoff. Would I pay £200 not to miss my flight?........... Oh, and the Chinese restaurant in the hotel. £170 a meal for 4!!! ;)
  • Have been using Cophall parking for a few years never had any problem
  • I always use APH my car is there now as I'm on holiday now.Can get good discounts if you book in advance.Ten minutes on the shuttle bus.

Another vote for APH. Always offer an efficient and good service. The price increases as you get nearer to your flight date.
  • What I'll say about APH, Cophall and all the others is that they are fine as long as you don't get any problems like a series of deep scratches to your car they are fine. If you get a problem like that, they are horrendous