Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Open 2016

So Wawrinka through in 5 sets, now Murray struggling in the first set against Stepanek.

Comments

• Double break down to lose the set.
  • edited May 2016
    And now he's f***ed the second. Looks like being the shortest grand slam in quite a while.
  • ...and then he does that.
  • Raonic at 150/1 looks decent value
  • I don't hear no fat lady singing.
  • He's won 9 games in a row since he went two sets down.
  • edited May 2016

I don't hear no fat lady singing.

You certainly can't hear her singing, as it's too dark
  • Bloody Murray. Totally crap and then does that.
  • Does what ?
  • ...and Kyle Edmund plays a brilliant game to make it to the second round. Heather Watson through. Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016

Does what ?

Wins the third set 6-0 and a break up in the 4th. Typical Murray play.
  • Didn't even know it had started how's Henman doing?
  • Talal said:

Didn't even know it had started how's Henman doing?

He's playing brilliantly but I guess that's why he's world number one
  • Murray has squeezed through against Stepanek despite losing the first two sets.

Finally broke on Stepanek's last Service game to win the last set 7-5
  • Murray has squeezed through against Stepanek despite losing the first two sets.

Painful... It's a mystery how someone can beat Djok one week, then struggle so much a week later

Painful... It's a mystery how someone can beat Djok one week, then struggle so much a week later
    Know what you mean... I've always just seen it as thats how Sport will always be... there never will be a clear winner because there is always a chance (however slim) the underdog can win.

Its like Charlton beating Middlesbrough one week and then losing 3-0 the next etc.
  • why are so many on here against murray? best tennis player we've ever had or should i say scotland ever had.
  • Cheer him in Davis Cup but not bothered in individual events.

Don't see why expected to support him.
  • why are so many on here against murray? best tennis player we've ever had or should i say scotland ever had.

I'm certainly not anti Murray. After decades of failure, having a player fighting to win Grand Slams (and the Davis Cup) is a wonderful change

I'm certainly not anti Murray. After decades of failure, having a player fighting to win Grand Slams (and the Davis Cup) is a wonderful change
    agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully Andy will hit his stride as the tournament progresses, it's been a slow start though.
  • edited May 2016
    A Murray v M Bourgue just about to start.
  • Watson lost to Kuznetsova in straight sets... Edmund to face Isner at around 1:30pm they reckon.
  • Murray is having another mare at the moment
  • I am his biggest fan but unlike the last round I don't see a way back for him here. The French guy is outclassing him.
  • Hopefully I have jinxed his opponent
  • Now 4-1 up in final set. Go Andy go!
  • Bourgue was playing incredibly well for a while there
  • What the hell is up with Murray, 2 consecutive 5 set matches!
  • Murrays fitness is so good it can carry him through games like this. Novak is the same rarely do they lose to much lower ranked players.