Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

To prove how stupid Meire and Duchatelet are

They have a simple opportunity to potentially snooker us - that is to appoint Alan Curbishley as manager. They would be getting a proven manager who hasn't really failed in a job. He has been working as director of football at Fulham so is up to date with players etc... From their perspective it would be a no brainer wouldn't it? But no brainer is a very apt phrase for this lot so we know it won't happen!

Comments

• Also curbs hasn't really said anything negative about the regime. Angling for the job?
  • we don't need proof.
  • edited May 2016
    True lol - but If I was them - it isn't just about finding the best man for the job now - given the circumstances, surely all logic points to a man supporters could get behind. It genuinely scares me how stupid they are in relation to running a football club. It is as though the tactic has been to upset and lose fans from the start.
  • Does he want the job right now though? All a bit pie in the sky
  • Uncle Rolands never going to cough up enough to pay Curbs
  • I think it is probably a job he would take - he indicated he was interested in the Fulham job and whilst we are in League One, we have potential. Of course the owner would have to change tack and let Curbs manage, but I'm guessing he is ready to do that now.
  • agreed but they couldn't care less about winning us over imo.

he does it his way and failure isn't an option.

step forward Nobby Vinegar.
  • edited May 2016
    Next season is a season where not coughing up on a manager and players will cost much more in the long run. I'm sure a decent player budget, ability to pick players and success based clauses could tempt Curbs!
  • And that's why they wouldn't get him, also unlikely he'd want it in League 1
  • He'd need his fucking head tested never, ever going to happen
  • Sponsored links:

• But the last thing the regime needs is someone who is potentially on side with the fans knowing the exact terms that they are offering. I strongly suspect that would have the potential to be highly embarrassing. If I were them, I keep well away from Curbs. Especially as he proved when he took West Ham to court that he's not a man to suffer fools gladly. Then again, if I were them I'd get the hell out of Charlton.
  • Curbs, with his attention to detail and thorough approach in scouting and evaluating players.
    Working with a controlling interfering owner and his clueless incompetent Lieutenant negotiating the deals and a pair of keyboard muppets identifying targets.
    It will never happen.
  • Jackson's a more likely curve ball. I suspect they tried exactly that with the Lennie Lawrence attempt
  • Maybe Richard Murrary spoke up and said "don't even think about it"......

• You can almost see a chuckling Duchatelet as a Dr Frankenstein character conducting his wild experiments whilst Meire, as the bumbling, obsequious, grinning assistant Igor, pulls the switches but continually makes a mess of it.

Poster for next season's protest?
  • Dave2l said:

Maybe Richard Murrary spoke up and said "don't even think about it"......

There's something not quite right there.
    I can't put my finger on it but I think it might be something to do with the words 'Richard Murray' and 'spoke up'?
  • Life would be so much easier for Katrien. With Curbs running the show she could bugger off to Dubai and leave him to get on with it. I'm sure uncle Roland would would still pay her a decent salary for being on the end of a mobile phone. Curbs might even turn her into a genius, abscent CEO.
  • They have a simple opportunity to potentially snooker us - that is to appoint Alan Curbishley as manager. They would be getting a proven manager who hasn't really failed in a job. He has been working as director of football at Fulham so is up to date with players etc... From their perspective it would be a no brainer wouldn't it? But no brainer is a very apt phrase for this lot so we know it won't happen!

It is quite clear that no part of the regime's thinking revolves around appeasing the fans.

This was articulated forcefully by Meire in Dublin by her dismissal of the fans having a voice in the running of the club and the emphasis placed on the 'major shareholder' as she puts it being the driving force behind the agenda set out (also in Dublin) being the creation of a player 'farm' with the Club based in the Championship and with no real ambition to go beyond (in other words essentially a feeder club). There is a posting by Legaladdick on the thread (The Dublin interview I believe) which explains all this better than I ever could.

For me, its black and white (if you excuse the pun). They either carry on with the experiment (which will be irrespective of any fan-based protests) or they sell up. I don't believe there is a middle ground/compromise where a manager can be found who both fits the bill from the fans perspective but who is also willing to operate with the restrictions placed on player recruitment and control by Duchatelet and his ever willing and obedient but stupid and error prone second in command Meire.

You can almost see a chuckling Duchatelet as a Dr Frankenstein character conducting his wild experiments whilst Meire, as the bumbling, obsequious, grinning assistant Igor, pulls the switches but continually makes a mess of it.

Perhaps it's time to turn up to The Valley with flaming brands and pitchforks?
    (note this is said in jest for any humourless regime lackey monitoring the site).
    I know that, my point was that if they want to turn this round, it needs to. I think they are stupid - when it comes to football anyway - and their egos don't allow them to do anything that might be seen as appeasing fans. But they can't beat CARD and this can get a lot worse. If they don't go, which all logic says they should, they have to make decisions on a number of levels!
  • Muttley, as I've said on another of your threads - very clever - you have exposed the raw stupidity that guides their thinking in these matters and it does defy conventional logic.
    - they can't allow themselves to do the right thing.
    Totally support your comments above.