Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anti Duchatelet Banners at Euro16

I was wondering if anyone else is going to matches at the Championships and thinking of taking a banner.

I'm actually going to a Belgium match (v Eire) so I'd love to get my hands on one.

Is there a banner available that I could borrow?

Comments

• Not sure if I can even be arsed taking my Charlton St George to the England game. It's so much hassle these days with taking them in grounds that it puts you off bothering.
  • I'm gong to the Wales game, but there is no way Roland is running my day.
  • We've got five games, including Belgium v Italy
  • se9addick said:

We've got five games, including Belgium v Italy

Are you taking a banner?
  • I'm going to England vs wales so if anyone wants me to take a banner I can pick one up
  • You lucky lot that have tickets
  • @MartTheTaxi is looking to take one but needs someone to loan one to him for the Wales and Slovakia games. Anyone have one they are willing to let out on loan?
  • Needs to at every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm at Poland vs Ukraine. If i'm honest, I don't think the crowd there will care, or that Roland will be watching.

Funnily enough I'm visiting both Poland and Ukraine in the weeks before I go to that game.
  • All the banners appear to be missing!
  • I'm going to the knockout stage game with the winners of Belgium's group, may try and get sign made up
  • Going to Belgium v Italy. Too lazy to make a banner but any donations will be proudly put on display.
  • @MartTheTaxi is looking to take one but needs someone to loan one to him for the Wales and Slovakia games. Anyone have one they are willing to let out on loan?

Yep.image
    Crystal Pepsi is what that lot will be tomorrow. They'll burst under pressure.
  • As @Alex Wright said I'd love to take one . Promise to look after it if someone wants to loan it I'm going with my dad so will be behaving
  • I'm at England vs Russia and Slovakia, France vs Albania, Ukraine vs Poland and would be willing to take a banner if someone could lend me one
  • Banner will have an impact only if Belgium are playing
  • Yes I'm luckily going to the final so wanted to take one that will be particularly eye catching rather than the standard ones if possible. If someone can help that would be much appreciated as this will be the game where it would get maximum exposure.
  • Sponsored links:

• just found this on uefa.com:

6. Prohibited items and conduct
    6.1 The following items shall not be brought into the Stadium, unless authorised, as and when relevant, by the
    UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS:
    (a) anything that could be adapted for use as a weapon, used to cut, thrust or stab with, or used as a projectile,
    in particular long umbrellas, helmets and other unwieldy objects such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes,
    large bags, rucksacks, suitcases and sports bags. For the purposes of this rule, ‘unwieldy’ shall mean, in principle,
    any objects which are larger than 25cm x 25cm x 25cm or which cannot be stowed under the seat in the Stadium;
    (b) bottles, jugs or cans of any kind, as well as other objects made from plastic, glass or any other fragile, nonshatterproof,
    except UEFA EURO 2016™ consigned cups or items required on duly evidenced medical grounds;
    (c) fireworks, flares, smoke powder, smoke bombs or other pyrotechnics;
    (d) gas spray cans, corrosive/flammable substances, dyes, or receptacles containing substances which are
    harmful to health or highly flammable;
    (e) laser pointers;
    (f) drones, flying objects;
    (g) weapons of any kind;
    (h) alcoholic beverages of any kind, drugs, stimulants or psychotropic substances (except substances required on
    duly evidenced medical grounds;
    (i) any insulting, racist, xenophobic, sexist (relating to either men or women), religious, political or other
    illegal/prohibited material, including discriminatory propaganda material;
    (j) any promotional, commercial objects or materials, including banners, signs, symbols and leaflets;
    (k) flagpoles or banner poles of any kind. Only flexible plastic poles and so-called double poles that do not exceed
    1 (one) metre in length and 1 (one) cm in diameter shall be permitted;
    (l) banners or flags larger than 2.0 (two) x 1.5 (one and a half) metres. Smaller flags and banners may be
    permitted, provided that they are made from materials which are deemed to be non-flammable and comply with
    French law. All such banners or flags shall be proactively presented for inspection by UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO
    2016 SAS;

(m) large quantities of paper and/or rolls of paper;
    (n) electronically, mechanically or manually operated sound-emitting devices such as megaphones, klaxons or
    vuvuzelas;
    (o) professional cameras and video cameras or other professional sound or video recording equipment, it being
    understood that cameras, video cameras and other sound or video recording equipment may be brought to the
    Stadium for private use and shall be accepted as such by UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS;
    (p) all devices used for the purposes of transmitting or disseminating any content in breach of Clause 5.2;
    (q) animals, except for guide and/or assistance dogs in compliance with French law.
    In case of any doubt with regards to any object brought to the Stadium, the relevant person appointed by UEFA,
    the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS, or a police officer, shall be responsible for deciding which objects are prohibited
    or permitted in accordance with the Stadium Rules.
  • this might be OK :)
  • don't think banners at the euro are a good idea its just what i need after this season 10 days on the beer with my mates, admittedly our flag is a st Georges cross with charlton on it, but other than that i dont want to hear about roland, also think we may annoy people by taking banners etc and dont see it will have an affect leave it for the league 1 grounds and protests.
  • just found this on uefa.com:

6. Prohibited items and conduct
    6.1 The following items shall not be brought into the Stadium, unless authorised, as and when relevant, by the
    UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS:
    (a) anything that could be adapted for use as a weapon, used to cut, thrust or stab with, or used as a projectile,
    in particular long umbrellas, helmets and other unwieldy objects such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes,
    large bags, rucksacks, suitcases and sports bags. For the purposes of this rule, ‘unwieldy’ shall mean, in principle,
    any objects which are larger than 25cm x 25cm x 25cm or which cannot be stowed under the seat in the Stadium;
    (b) bottles, jugs or cans of any kind, as well as other objects made from plastic, glass or any other fragile, nonshatterproof,
    except UEFA EURO 2016™ consigned cups or items required on duly evidenced medical grounds;
    (c) fireworks, flares, smoke powder, smoke bombs or other pyrotechnics;
    (d) gas spray cans, corrosive/flammable substances, dyes, or receptacles containing substances which are
    harmful to health or highly flammable;
    (e) laser pointers;
    (f) drones, flying objects;
    (g) weapons of any kind;
    (h) alcoholic beverages of any kind, drugs, stimulants or psychotropic substances (except substances required on
    duly evidenced medical grounds;
    (i) any insulting, racist, xenophobic, sexist (relating to either men or women), religious, political or other
    illegal/prohibited material, including discriminatory propaganda material;
    (j) any promotional, commercial objects or materials, including banners, signs, symbols and leaflets;
    (k) flagpoles or banner poles of any kind. Only flexible plastic poles and so-called double poles that do not exceed
    1 (one) metre in length and 1 (one) cm in diameter shall be permitted;
    (l) banners or flags larger than 2.0 (two) x 1.5 (one and a half) metres. Smaller flags and banners may be
    permitted, provided that they are made from materials which are deemed to be non-flammable and comply with
    French law. All such banners or flags shall be proactively presented for inspection by UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO
    2016 SAS;

(m) large quantities of paper and/or rolls of paper;
    (n) electronically, mechanically or manually operated sound-emitting devices such as megaphones, klaxons or
    vuvuzelas;
    (o) professional cameras and video cameras or other professional sound or video recording equipment, it being
    understood that cameras, video cameras and other sound or video recording equipment may be brought to the
    Stadium for private use and shall be accepted as such by UEFA, the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS;
    (p) all devices used for the purposes of transmitting or disseminating any content in breach of Clause 5.2;
    (q) animals, except for guide and/or assistance dogs in compliance with French law.
    In case of any doubt with regards to any object brought to the Stadium, the relevant person appointed by UEFA,
    the FFF and/or EURO 2016 SAS, or a police officer, shall be responsible for deciding which objects are prohibited
    or permitted in accordance with the Stadium Rules.

Basically, all fans have to go into the ground naked, with their suncream already on.
  • Saw it loud and proud in the corner throughout the first half.

Directly on top of a Palarse England flag........
  • @AlwaysanAddick in St Etienne before the game tonight - the banner made it in, apparently.

Who's the lady??!!
  • drewman said:

@AlwaysanAddick in St Etienne before the game tonight - the banner made it in, apparently.

Who's the lady??!!
    That's my good friend @AlwaysanAddick. Daughter of the Valley and long-time ST holder. 3 generations of her family have played for us at some level, including first-team. But before you head for the jewellers, you ain't getting a name or seat number!
  • @AlwaysanAddick in St Etienne before the game tonight - the banner made it in, apparently.

Left hand side.

Is that Meire's mate from Watford?