Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rodgers the cabin Bhoy

Comments

• That's Rangers for the title then
  • One year contract too so I don't think he really wants to be there.
  • One year contract too so I don't think he really wants to be there.

I think it's a one year rolling contract. Just means he knows what he will be getting should he get the sack.
  • More likely he wants a Premier League job in a year.
  • Celtic normally do rolling one year contracts.

45k a week apparently which is Probably the annual wage of the next Charlton manager!!
  • Will have his work cut out next season. Celtic have won the last five leagues while being, for the most part, pretty dire and falling further behind every year in Europe.

They're my club north of the border, but I was very impressed by Rangers in their recent cup win. Warburton is a decent manager and had them playing high tempo, good passing football. Celtic weren't in the game at all.

The board need to decide if they're happy treading water, or if they actually want to try and start a gradual improvement year on year. They can't continue moaning when they don't make any headway in Europe, if they don't spend the money they have!

• Reasonable points Tel. Although I would suggest the money they have spent could have been spent better (not all the manager's fault).

• edited May 2016
    I actually think he is pretty underrated, Klopp hasn't improved their league form at all yet (I don't think he's better than Klopp ofc) and that Liverpool side that finished 2nd was one of the sides I would always try to watch if they were on TV which is very rare, a lot less talent (bar Suarez ofc) than Rafa's side that came 2nd but he got them playing better. They were obviously due to drop off without one of the best strikers in the world and Sturridge getting constantly injured.

His signings are obviously the biggest concern but you never quite know what was up with the transfer committee there.

Rodgers should help the youngsters (particularly Roberts if he stays there) and actually get them playing the best football in Scotland which they should be doing in all honesty.

• Reasonable points Tel. Although I would suggest the money they have spent could have been spent better (not all the manager's fault).

True. They've also had some big "wins" in the transfer market...most of whom seem to have gone to Southampton (Wanyama, Forster, van Dijk)...and not sure they've found any more of those gems recently. Those three went for nearly £40m!
  • Tel, have seen Celtic twice this year. Scott Brown slows everything down, was poor and has to go. They can then rebuild.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronny Delia as much as he showed passion and tried his is very naive tactically. He seemed to refuse to change from 1 centre striker which effectively didn't ever give Cifti a chance because he'd usually be brought on and put on the left. His loyalty to Johansson this season has also worked against him when Tom Rogic has been waiting in the wings. I personally don't rate Rogers as a great manager but he will come in and not have to alter the style of play throughout the club too much but also don't underestimate the buzz he's bringing with him. Celtic fans have been on the boards back about lack of spending but it appears the board have everyone supporting this decision. We can look back at the semi final and Celtic were atrocious but rangers still needed penalties and I think bar the goals never had a shot on target. They've also shown against Hibs today that they also need several signings and maybe a few older heads to go with young team and seemingly young signings they're making. Joey Barton would be an amazing signing for them.
  • DOC64 said:

Tel, have seen Celtic twice this year. Scott Brown slows everything down, was poor and has to go. They can then rebuild.

Agree @DOC64 awful in that cup game and quite a few more this season.

Having Patrick Roberts for another season is a coup. Hopefully, Rodgers can build on that.

@C_Jensens_Love_Child had completely forgotten about Cifti, a wasted buy by Delia. Rogic for Johansson should be a no-brainer.
  • I actually think he is pretty underrated, Klopp hasn't improved their league form at all yet (I don't think he's better than Klopp ofc) and that Liverpool side that finished 2nd was one of the sides I would always try to watch if they were on TV which is very rare, a lot less talent (bar Suarez ofc) than Rafa's side that came 2nd but he got them playing better. They were obviously due to drop off without one of the best strikers in the world and Sturridge getting constantly injured.

His signings are obviously the biggest concern but you never quite know what was up with the transfer committee there.

Rodgers should help the youngsters (particularly Roberts if he stays there) and actually get them playing the best football in Scotland which they should be doing in all honesty.

Klopp would've improved their league form if for the last 5-6 weeks of the season they hadn't been focusing on the europa league. They finished up only 6 points off City who came 4th. With his own signings this summer, i feel Liverpool will be strong top 4 contenders next season.

As for Rodgers, he can't exactly do any worse than Deila did.
  • About to join Leicester.

More money for him and a bigger budget I guess, plus Celtic is a bit of a hiding to nothing given you're expected to win everything (domestically anyway) and criticised if you don't.
  • Just seen the Celtic thread!
  • About to join Leicester.

More money for him and a bigger budget I guess, plus Celtic is a bit of a hiding to nothing given you're expected to win everything (domestically anyway) and criticised if you don't.
    Yeh, tough gig!
  • as I wrote on another post, the Foxes fans like to watch attractive 'English type' football, hopefully Ulsterman Rodgers can provide that for them .. he inherits a strong and talented squad .. keeping hold of Chilwell and especially Maguire might be tricky come summer
  • Having seen this bumped and a thread about Record Deck Help Wanted, I thought this was going to be about Seaman Staines or such-like.