Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can we expect letters soon?

Police will not investigate a letter threatening legal action against up to 12 Blackpool FC fans.

A spokeswoman for the force said a complaint had been received about the letters, sent out in connection with a pitch invasion last May, but said ‘it’s a civil matter’ and not criminal.

Around 150 fans poured on to the Bloomfield Road pitch on May 2, at the end of the disastrous Championship relegation season, causing the game against Huddersfield Town to be abandoned.

The club was fined £50,000 by the FA, which said it had failed to use due diligence, and that there were serious inadequacies in the planning for the protest, given there was strong intelligence some fans might encroach upon the pitch.

Now, 12 months on, it is believed up to 12 fans are being warned by the club’s solicitor that, to avoid any legal action, they should get together with the club and put forward financial offers of recompense to avoid expensive court action.

The club’s owners have already engaged in court proceedings against some fans who they say have libelled them.

The move has angered supporters’ groups, who described the latest threat as alarming and which could make the plight the club is facing worse.

A Lancashire Police spokeswoman said: “It’s a civil matter. we are not investigating it for that reason.”

Comments

• Options
    We'll just have a whip round. If we can raise £27k for a protest fund ....
  • Options
    Hope the Blackpool fans don't give in to that, it's the rich taking off the poor; it's what Oyston does.

How is this all allowed? Just wrong. Fans just have to sit back and let it happen essentially,
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Oysten just gets worse ... he seems to revel in it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Oysten just gets worse ... he seems to revel in it.

If my old man was a convicted rapist I think I'd be keeping as low a profile as possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Will we be fined for Burnley's pitch invasion?
  • Options
    Good afternoon. Copy of said letter on this link: http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2455878 . Our supporters trust are working with the FSF on this.
  • Options

Good afternoon. Copy of said letter on this link: http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2455878 . Our supporters trust are working with the FSF on this.

just disgraceful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That solicitor needs to get a) a proper job or b) loads of phone calls so making his job hard to do.
  • Options

That is appalling. Good luck getting a positive resolution.
  • Options
    My sympathies are with you @Hertsseasider , the trouble is the authorities do nothing about mad football club owners
  • Options
    I hope the Blackpool fans totally boycott the Oystons next season. They've got rich by taking 'Pool down from the Premier to the 4th division and counting. Surely there's another local team to support? The Oystons are a disgrace to the human race, absolutely ghastly pair.
  • Options
    Cheers guys. Season tickets went on sale last week. I'd estimate 1k max. Fans are totally boycotting and going to watch AFC Fylde or play golf ! What is happening to you is incompetence, what has happened to Blackpool is far more engendered.
  • Options
    I can't "find" this letter from Oyston to the fans.

Can anyone oblige ?
  • Options

Can anyone oblige ?

There is a link to it on the first page of the Blackpool forum linked above.
  • Options

Can anyone oblige ?

There is a link to it on the first page of the Blackpool forum linked above.
    Yes, I opened that thanks and gave up after 10 mins, with all sorts of surveys & windows opening up.
  • Options

The letters have been sent but Royal Mail lost them all

Bournemouth fans have received three year bans.......... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That solicitor needs to get a) a proper job or b) loads of phone calls so making his job hard to do.

He also needs to learn that In-house has a hyphen. What kind of cheapo lawyer can't type out his own job title properly? Did he get his law degree in Belgium or something?
  • Options
    According to what Large posted above the club's fine for the club was for lack of due diligence. That's not the fans problem, that's Oysten's. I don't see anyway that they can pass that particular monkey on.

Clubs that are diligent have 15' fences erected in front of the fans :wink:
  • Options
    What goes around comes around and Karl Oysten has plenty coming around, just like his Old Man did. Absolutely disgusting and I don't know how he can show his arrogant face in Blackpool. This is a man who texted abuse and wrote letters ridiculing fans of his own club. Katrien Meire may be inept and out-of-step in dealing with dissatisfied Customers but she has some way to go to sink to Oysten's level.
  • Options
    Does Oyston go to matches ?
  • Options
    @Covered End

Letter linked below.

The Oystons have already taken a number of fans successfully to court and won 'damages'. It's an absolute disgrace.

• Options
    I'd like to understand what prosecution they plan to bring. Their previous claims have been for libel.
  • Options
    This should be bigger news. What a complete bastard.
  • Options
    Surely the league and FA should bringing an action against Oyston for bringing the game into disrepute