Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 Betting

Comments

• Options
    Going with England Spain France and Germany to make the semis at 40/1 on PP.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

That price is massive
  • Options
    William Hill are doing a deal. Bet £10 on England to win the tournament at 8-1 and any games we win ( 90 minutes or penalties included ) you get five pounds back as a free bet .

For what it's worth I fancy Spain or France to win and Olivier Giroud to be top scorer at 16-1
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Only takes one of those teams not to win their group and it's almost impossible for that to happen.
  • Options

William Hill are doing a deal. Bet £10 on England to win the tournament at 8-1 and any games we win ( 90 minutes or penalties included ) you get five pounds back as a free bet .

For what it's worth I fancy Spain or France to win and Olivier Giroud to be top scorer at 16-1

Sky bet are doing 10 quid on any team and you get 3 quid back as a free bet.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Have backed Belgium and Croatia at an average of just under 13 and 38 respectively.

Croatia's not a bad shout. An excellent midfield, arguably the best in the tournament. Mandzukic is class up front, and Kramaric and Kalinic (their spells in England aside) are both decent. They're a team where you could see them hitting a run of form over the course of a tournament and going far.

Saw that Croatia's last friendly game before the euro's was a 10-0 win v San Marino yesterday. What on earth was the point in that? Would've been better off just playing against their own under 21s instead on the training ground.
  • Options
    Opportunity to try out lots of formations in different periods of the game without the national media digging you out for beating a fellow euro 16 team by the odd goal.
  • Options
    Portugal looked really decent. Add ronaldo to that team and they have a chance.
  • Options
    Switzerland are a decent team too, i expect them to get to Quarters at least
  • Options
    I hope Hodgson works out how our opponents will set up against us and pick his team accordingly. No loyalty - horses for courses please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I hope Hodgson works out how our opponents will set up against us and pick his team accordingly. No loyalty - horses for courses please!

I'd like us to set up they way we want to play and let our opponents worry about how we will set up.
    At least until we come up against Spain Germany or France
  • Options

There is zero chance of that happening sadly.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

There is zero chance of that happening sadly.
    I disagree, I think Hodgson is quite good at scouting the opponent. He did an excellent job of it in Fulham's run to the Europa League final. I think he'll largely pick horses for courses, though that mean Henderson and/or Milner get squeezed into the midfield from the start. It may also mean that Rooney is shoehorned in somewhere.

As for England "going out and playing their way and letting their opponents deal with it," I don't know that they have the style for that. To be fair, few teams do. Spain does. Germany is increasingly possession based because teams sit off them, even if they look more fluid on the counter. For England, I think their best, most natural game against many teams will be to press the ball high up the pitch, win it back, and look to hit teams quickly. Vardy, Kane, Dier, Alli, Rose, and Walker all play this way at club level. Wilshere can fit into this quite well (and Arsenal do some of this, though I'd argue one of Wenger's great failings is not having his sides press enough).

Because of the nature of the Premier League, and of the English game in general, English teams are unlikely to ever be fully comfortable in large spells of possession trying to break down very good sides. Quick, athletic players (Vardy) are still the norm, though there is certainly a major shift going on. As such, high tempo, quick movement of the ball, using pace, and attempting to create space in behind, all hallmarks of the Premier League, are the norm.

The good thing I think Hodgson has done is take that style and those players and adapt it to the international level.
  • Options
    Italy to score the least amount of goals in the Championship 80/1. Watch them go and win it now smashing everyone out of sight.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Switzerland who were beaten home and away by us in qualifying, also lost to Ireland recently and only just scraped a 2-1 win at home to Moldova in a friendly last week?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Italy to score the least amount of goals in the Championship 80/1. Watch them go and win it now smashing everyone out of sight.

I like that, definitely worth a couple of quid.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Switzerland who were beaten home and away by us in qualifying, also lost to Ireland recently and only just scraped a 2-1 win at home to Moldova in a friendly last week?
    Don't disagree, but they do have a good team on paper. The thing is they're a side better set up to counter attack with pace, which works better at a tournament. Their group is pretty rubbish, France aside. Think they could surprise, by which I mean play roughly to the ability of their players.
  • Options
    I've had a very small dabble on Northern Ireland e/w despite the fact that they are in a very difficult group. Their team spirit is top drawer and if Greece and Denmark can win the thing, why not the Red Hand Band ..
  • Options
    Spain currently losing 1-0 to Georgia with practically their starting XI playing.
  • Options

Spain currently losing 1-0 to Georgia with practically their starting XI playing.

Lost 1-0

They are going to regret leaving out Torres and Costa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    skybet tweeted this morning that a punter had £100.00 on georgia in play at 50/1 fair play that man.
  • Options

skybet tweeted this morning that a punter had £100.00 on georgia in play at 50/1 fair play that man.

Ballsy
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Ballsy
    gotta be a pro gambler not just joe bloggs.
  • Options
    Just started having a look at my bets for the tournament.

Austria, Switzerland and Croatia to qualify at evens looks like easy money to start with.
  • Options
    I notice the Daily mail are doing wonders for our chances by printing a photo of our expected line up and formation on their website. A photo taken of Ray Lewington's clipboard, then have the cheek to say that he leaked the team. No, you stupid fuckers, YOU leaked it by taking a photo then publishing it.
  • Options
    Payet player of the tournament @25/1

That looks good value to me.
  • Options
    What do people reckon about Giroud top scorer on E/W?

Without E/W he's 14/1 which is good value I think
  • Options
    Sage said:

good value bet as you state .. pure 'strikers' are out of fashion in an era when all court midfielders are de rigueur (as they parlez en France) .. I am having a wee wager on Giroud and another on Kane
  • Options
    Sage said:

Think it's a good bet personally.
    Paddy power and Boylesports are crediting you with a £5 free bet each time he scores as well, if you back stake £25. PP you can do £12.50 e/w.
  • Options

I notice the Daily mail are doing wonders for our chances by printing a photo of our expected line up and formation on their website. A photo taken of Ray Lewington's clipboard, then have the cheek to say that he leaked the team. No, you stupid fuckers, YOU leaked it by taking a photo then publishing it.

Couldn't believe it reading it today, fcking clueless