Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some good 1947 FA cup footage

edited May 2016 in General Charlton
The BFI player has added some good historical FA cup footage, some 1947 highlights can be seen on here
http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-fight-for-the-fa-cup-1963/

Comments

• Options
    Many thanks.

At 14.09 for those who are short of time...
  • Options
    Strange entertainment choice that the Graf Zeppelin flew over Wembley in 1930 reviving memories of the German WW1 bombing raids on England. It’s ranks almost as bad as the pitch side sofa imo.
  • Options
    There is also a short film on that site of our 1923 4th round FA Cup match against Bolton, unusually the film is shot from the south east corner giving rare footage from that era of what was then a fairly new West stand. Most old news reel film that I see is taken from the north west corner showing the east terrace. Thanks for posting shrew
  • Options
    When will the colour blu ray come out?
  • Options
    Didn't the referee look smart in his blazer!
  • Options
    Scroll to 15minutes 34 sec and see Chris Duffy goal to win the 1947 FA Cup final 1 -0 to Charlton Athletic.

I even watched the 1946 Cup Final loss 1 -4 l to Derby County a few minute earlier.

Thanks for the link

Blooming marvellous

Poor old Crystal Palace we still have that win over them.

I met two Crystal Palace fans in West Wickham and they paid £75 for their tickets to Wembley.

They must be choked.

Well not as much as Charlton Fans having the dreadful Roland as our owner.