Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Really struggling with these two...............

Either palace to win the FA Cup or West Ham in Europe?!
Either millwall to get promoted or lose face and six points against them next season?!
And for me even worse if liverpool a club I put up there with the above three in my most hated team stakes win tonight............
At least newcastle got relegated............

Comments

• Options
    West Ham in Europe
    Millwall to go up. Much rather that than 2 defeats next season.
    Seville pretty much have naming rights on Europa League. Won it 4 times in 9 years (inc the last 2 seasons). Liverpool are quite jammy in Europe, but will come undone tonight.
  • Options
    No real problem with West Ham being in Europe, the OS debacle isn't really their fault.

Palace winning the cup is probably worse than Millwall winning the third tier playoffs, but it's still pretty terrible.
  • Options
    It is the nightmare of all seasons at the moment (Liverpool winning the league and cup double would have been the only realistic scenario that would have made it worse). Lets hope Sam's got it right...
  • Options
    Anything but Palace winning the cup, but the footballing gods have been kicking us in the nuts all season - I fear they may be taking one last careful aim with their instep as I write.

• Options
    Palace need to lose the cup final above all else. Millwall can go up - whilst it's unpleasant watching them get another day out at Wembley, all it ultimately means is that sooner rather than later they'll have another relegation on their "Honours" List.

We are currently the only one of the three with an FA Cup in our trophy cabinet. In fact, we're probably the only ones who've actually got a trophy cabinet - I can't imagine you'd bother having a trophy cabinet just to store your Zenith Data Systems Trophy or a couple of Division Three South titles. We need to keep that over them.

West Ham - don't care, I'd just like to be close enough to them in terms of status for it to be worth caring about them.

Scousers - I agree, can't stand them and hope they get thrashed tonight and the whole thing's a complete anti-climax. But I'd happily let them win and Millwall go up in return for the correct result on Saturday.
  • Options
    the worst case scenarios for me are:

1 - Palace win the cup - please please please please no.
    2 - Liverpool win the Europa.
    3 - Millwall get promoted
  • Options

Don't really care what Millwall or West Ham do but if The Nigels win the F.A cup I will feel physically sick. For that reason I can't bring myself to watch the game.

Yup, that's the worst by far
  • Options

One of the papers said at the weekend that if Liverpool win tonight, they will get a Champions League place (correct) and that England would have one less place in the Europa Cup. If correct, this would not impact on Palace but could have an impact on West Ham (the last league place being the one to miss out).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm having a tenner on palarse and Millwall winning, that should ruin their season end.
  • Options
    Worse case scenarios

Palace Cup win
    Millwall promotion

and couldn't care less about the others. With Any luck West Ham would go out in the Europa league before qualifying.
  • Options
    Palace to lose. I don't give a f**k what happens elsewhere.
  • Options

Either palace to win the FA Cup or West Ham in Europe?!
    Either millwall to get promoted or lose face and six points against them next season?!
    And for me even worse if liverpool a club I put up there with the above three in my most hated team stakes win tonight............
    At least newcastle got relegated............

You'll like this parody of the film Downfall then
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2E4MhSv7fk
  • Options
    edited May 2016

One of the papers said at the weekend that if Liverpool win tonight, they will get a Champions League place (correct) and that England would have one less place in the Europa Cup. If correct, this would not impact on Palace but could have an impact on West Ham (the last league place being the one to miss out).

Five English teams in Champs League if Liverpool win the Europa. As was the case with Spain this year, with Barca, Real, Atletico and Valencia qualifying through La Liga, and Sevilla winning the Europa.

Palace will only be in Europe if they win the cup. If United win it, the extra place goes to the seventh placed team in the league (West Ham).

I've not seen anything to suggest we lose a place in the Europa league, I don't see how/ why that would work. Who gets to fill that space?

Edit: If Liverpool finished in the Europa spots, that would have complicated things. but they didn't.

Source
  • Options
    Agree with many others, only thing that really matters to me is that Man U stuff the palarse on Saturday.
  • Options
    I've already backed a palace Millwall double. The worst for me is palace winning the cup - there's just no upside to that.
  • Options
    All of it just seems inevitable.
  • Options
    All in all this is a terrible season for Charlton fans. The Nigels winning the Cup would be the cherry on the dog-turd. One reason I was hoping United beat Everton as Everton are just the sort of team that Palace would easily beat (take a bow, Watford).

I cannot remember being less neutral in a cup final in years.

I don't care if Millwall go up or West Ham are in Europe.
  • Options
    its been a terrible season losing 6 and 5-0 in a space of 5 days,rolling over to palace fuck them being a better side we should of turned up for it.

winning 1 game in 3 months.

once we have been relegated;

palace in the fa cup final.
    millwall 1 foot in the playoff final.

cheers roland you massive sack of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Ideal scenario is Millwall lose playoff, Palace lose Cup final, Liverpool lose and Chef Wendy lose playoff too

Living the dream.

Throw in Real winning the Champions League and I've had 5/5 results I'd hoped for.
    Fingers crossed for Wimbledon tomorrow.
  • Options
    It certainly couldnt of worked out any better with palace,millwall,sheff weds and liverpool all losing
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Ideal scenario is Millwall lose playoff, Palace lose Cup final, Liverpool lose and Chef Wendy lose playoff too

Should of put money on this. haha
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Living the dream.

Throw in Real winning the Champions League and I've had 5/5 results I'd hoped for.
    Exactly same as me although I'm talking about Scottish cup rather than the Europa final of which I didn't really care. Although I don't like Wimbledon it makes for easier away game and I have them in a triple with hull and Madrid.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Living the dream.

I can understand you wanting Wimbledon to win if you have money on them, but for us next season, do we want to play another London derby or travel to Plymouth
  • Options
    ross1 said:

sam3110 said:

Living the dream.

I can understand you wanting Wimbledon to win if you have money on them, but for us next season, do we want to play another London derby or travel to Plymouth
    Another London Derby.
  • Options
    London derby 100%. Hence wanting Wimbledon to win
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Living the dream.

Enjoy your winnings
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Can I borrow your genie ?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Did you put a fiver on that lot?