Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    CELTIC have been linked with a move for Charlton goalkeeper Nick Pope - but the Hoops could face competition from Leeds, Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest, Hull and Burnley.
    Nooooooooooooo
  • Options
    What's he worth ?
    He's got a few years on left on contract.
  • Options

Thuram, Number One, Thuram, Thuram, Number One.

Wash your mouth out!
  • Options
    Ugh that'd be a kick in the team.

I'm not convinced this isn't a marketing ploy though. And if it is just that, well, can't really fault them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reasonable career move for him.

Dominus vobiscum
  • Options
    Rokudan said:

Ben Roberts told me that Pope had the most potential out of all the young keepers he'd worked with. I know having potential and realising that potential are completely different things but still quite an endorsement.

That's excellent. Was he around for Elliot/Randolph?

I saw him during his run in the first team last year and thought there was a decent keeper in there who was struggling with nerves, same at the start of this year. But since he came into the team in March whenever I've seen him he's looked assured, he comes for crosses, and the rate at which he releases the ball is excellent, which is very rare in a young British keeper.

The biggest hope I have that we'll be able to keep him is that, for a GK, playing is the most important part of development, so hoping that that he sticks around to be guaranteed #1 instead of going elsewhere to be second choice.
  • Options
    Think the new goalkeeping coach has done him good
  • Options
    Mitov in goal next season then, probably with a semi-retired cheap journeyman keeper as back up.
  • Options
    When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a new expletive to aim at Catholics.
  • Options
    We need to keep Pope.

Along with Tex, Bauer, Cousins, and Ventokele. We need that spine and then add to it.
  • Options
    Is he joining the Atheists?
  • Options
    No you pope off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

We need to keep Pope.

Along with Tex, Bauer, Cousins, and Ventokele. We need that spine and then add to it.

You appear to have named players who are almost certainly leaving. Our spine will be

Mitov
    Johnson / Sarr
    Jackson
    Piggott

What a time to be alive!
    Well, tbh, he *might* not be far off the reality. If he sells JBG and Lookman then that will cover his losses for the season - if he decides that he desperately needs to get back to Tier 2 in order to keep the price as high as poss. then he might decide to attempt to keep as many of the key players as he can.
  • Options
    So, all this talk about building a team for promotion back to the Championship goes out of the window when a possible sale comes to light? Why do they bother to say it when we all know they are just lying the whole time? It's a joke. He will just make a grab at any money he can get. Grubby little man. Pope, IMO, is a vital cog in the wheel for us if we are to put in a serious challenge next season.
  • Options
    If Gudders and Lookie get sold for a good price, Cab can replace on right wing. Others may leave but we need that spine. If they stay, so much the better.

As uaual, we need to find strikers. Lookman is going to get kicked all over the place. I think he would cope but we will need to cash in. No idea who though.
  • Options
    I bet the some of the same people who were saying that he would never make it as a keeper will be calling him Judas for leaving!
  • Options

Redrobo said:

We need to keep Pope.

You appear to have named players who are almost certainly leaving. Our spine will be

Mitov
    Johnson / Sarr
    Jackson
    Piggott

What a time to be alive!
    From spine to spineless.
  • Options

Not that I approve of letting go of Pope, but Marko Dmitrovic is still our player and a very good keeper. But he probably thinks himself better than the Third Division too. What a mess

Isn't he out of contract at the end of this year though?
  • Options

Not that I approve of letting go of Pope, but Marko Dmitrovic is still our player and a very good keeper. But he probably thinks himself better than the Third Division too. What a mess

His contract is up this summer, and I can't see him wanting to stay