Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre season friendly news (Ipswich H 26/7) & Riga to Blackburn?

Comments

• Options
    Please note the word "Should" :)
  • Options
    European club being RC Lens if he takes them over, Alcorn if not no doubt
  • Options
    Riga to Blackburn? Jose does like a club in turmoil.
  • Options
    There will be two games at The Valley, as well as two away from home. ‎The Addicks will entertain a Championship side, and a good quality European team at home.

Brave....
  • Options

There will be two games at The Valley, as well as two away from home. ‎The Addicks will entertain a Championship side, and a good quality European team at home.

Brave....

Odds on the team being Belgian? Just a hunch ... and just a hunch the definition of "good-quality" will be quite loose
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

But it says a 'good quality' European team....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There will be two games behind closed doors at The Valley, as well as two away from home. ‎The Addicks will entertain a Championship side, and a good quality European team at home.

Brave....

fixed

• Options

CAFCsayer said:

But it says a 'good quality' European team....
    It's all relative... The Dog and Duck third 11 are a "good quality European team" compared to us
  • Options
    I'm assuming for a home friendly we would only open the west lower? Bring it on katrien, bring it on!
  • Options
    If i'm not buying a season ticket until they leave, do I have to register somewhere that I'm not going to the friendlies at The Valley or is it taken as read?
  • Options
    Bromley away 12th July. On their website
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Could be an XI squad as Ketts says we play Welling only a few days beforehand... Unless at that stage it'll be a mixture of First-Teamers and Youth for both Fixtures*

*Disclaimer; Please read and acknowledge this comment for those who plan on attending either Friendly... God did I get sick and tired last summer of the people moaning about the players who appeared!!
  • Options

I'm assuming for a home friendly we would only open the west lower? Bring it on katrien, bring it on!

Normally yes, but watch them change it to the East stand only now.
  • Options
    CAFC are gonna want to put on extra security themselves for Welling.. infact all the friendlies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    National League side will be Maidstone, did JJ, Igor, Wiggins, Sols and Hendo the power of good not playing on a plastic pitch in Belgium, all emerged from the Dulwich alternative totally unscathed...
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Could be an XI squad as Ketts says we play Welling only a few days beforehand... Unless at that stage it'll be a mixture of First-Teamers and Youth for both Fixtures*

*Disclaimer; Please read and acknowledge this comment for those who plan on attending either Friendly... God did I get sick and tired last summer of the people moaning about the players who appeared!!
    I was really hoping to attend a couple friendlies as I'm over at the end of July/beginning of August for a wedding. Thinking the season will have started by then.

Either way, will be happy to see players in a Charlton shirt. Message acknowledged. Hope they won't be U-16s but at this point we can't be picky.
  • Options
    Tues 26th July we host Ipswich - Mick McCarthy told me last week
  • Options
    I find it odd that they are even planning home friendlies. Surely the costs of policing and stewarding them far outweigh any money they think they can make.
    I suppose they know what they are doing though!
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I find it odd that they are even planning home friendlies. Surely the costs of policing and stewarding them far outweigh any money they think they can make.
    I suppose they know what they are doing though!

They are still thinking the protests will go away. They really do think that they've not done anything wrong and don't see why anyone would be unhappy. They also though that appointing Wilder would wipe the slate clean and everything that went before would be forgotten.

Quite rightly the Austrian trip and these friendlies were planned some weeks, if not months, ago. At least someone was planning ahead.

Ipswich should be a good test for them and us although not much of a draw for crowds. ITFC might bring a few.

Bromley are, I presume, the National League side mentioned by Ketts so hope and expect a 1st team.

• Options
    Bromley website says we're sending a first team to Hayes Lane.
  • Options
    The home games should be interesting, I'm sure the press will find a pre season game with stewards and riot police surrounding the pitch entertaining.