Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Tucudean

Comments

• too soft in the Champ, would be a disaster in League One.

People keep saying that, but while you need players who work hard in L1, it isn't full of thugs and cloggers these days. Our title winning team wasn't especially physical, while the likes of Bournemouth and MKD got promoted from it playing attacking, goal scoring football
  • If he played every game for us next season I recon he'd score 10. Not what we need but we don't really get what we need now days.
  • He had a modicum of ability at times but struggled with the physicality of English football.

League 1 defenders would kick him to pieces and I'm not convinced of his heart for the battle.
  • edited May 2016

Igor's miss against Cardiff was ten times worse

They are still looking for that ball....
  • Tucudean looked awful the limited number of times I saw him.

Was it Ceballos who took that fantastic free kick where the ball hardly even made it into play?
  • Tucudean looked awful the limited number of times I saw him.

Was it Ceballos who took that fantastic free kick where the ball hardly even made it into play?

It was a corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPDEp4dO5g
  • Hmmm. Brain gone to mush, I meant to write corner, I remembered the corner, I wrote free kick.

As confused as our defence has been on set pieces.
  • vffvff
    edited May 2016

Hmmm. Brain gone to mush, I meant to write corner, I remembered the corner, I wrote free kick.

As confused as our defence has been on set pieces.

So what you are trying to say @Alwaysneil that your brain has gone a bit Ceballos set piece ?

That corner was definitely a training ground set piece that they should have practised on way more than they probably did.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited May 2016
    George Tucudean may actually be ok in League One paired alongside a decent striker. He is a bit like Makienok in that respect. It would not be fair on the player to expect him to play the role of the main goal scoring striker. If that happens, the fault will lay with the person asking him to play that role (although Tucudean would get the grief from the supporters).

Tucudean actually has a good attitude in terms of trying to do his best. It is not his fault that he is a limited player. It's like a lot of Charlton players brought in by Duchatelet in the Championship. OK for mid table league one team with play off aspirations. He really should have bought a team in League One.

It is also the Duchatelet way, put people and players in positions that there is a 70/30 to 80/20 chance they will fail at because they are not sufficiently talented or experienced. They may be cheap in terms of wages but there is a strong risk that it can destroy / set a person or player back. Too many of the Duchatelet player / staffing decisions are punts / ill judged gambles based on insufficient knowledge of the market and leagues that he is attempting to compete in.
  • Too lightweight for the Championship so no chance in League 1 when every clogger will be raising their game against us.

Sure he showed a few flashes of ability but not enough, I stick to my prediction of League 2 here we come if he is seen as a first team striker next season.
  • His confidence was never allowed to build due to to his erratic appearances. If, and a big if, we have a well managed/coached team that gels, stay clear of injuries, I think he will grow as a player and do well.

Jury out, but he deserves a chance.
  • edited May 2016
    Addicted said:

If he played every game for us next season I recon he'd score 10. Not what we need but we don't really get what we need now days.

To be fair, people did say the same about Makienok this season. And he was absolutely dog breath.

The fact that both are STILL being talked about as viable options shows how low we've sunk in my opinion.
  • His confidence was never allowed to build due to to his erratic appearances. If, and a big if, we have a well managed/coached team that gels, stay clear of injuries, I think he will grow as a player and do well.

Jury out, but he deserves a chance.

I'll give Riga something, he knew how to give struggling players confidence - i.e Harriott.

That specific attribute of him will be difficult to replace, and if we're going to continue to chance our luck on unproven players then I think it's a very useful skill to possess.
  • I actually agree about Makienok - A good player if you play to his strengths. That involves coaching and tactics! Certainly playing him alone up front is a disaster!
  • I actually agree about Makienok - A good player if you play to his strengths. That involves coaching and tactics! Certainly playing him alone up front is a disaster!

Or with wide players that cut inside. Luzon didn't seem to want out and out wingers yet wanted a striker that needs crosses if he is to score goals.
  • Scoham said:

I actually agree about Makienok - A good player if you play to his strengths. That involves coaching and tactics! Certainly playing him alone up front is a disaster!

Or with wide players that cut inside. Luzon didn't seem to want out and out wingers yet wanted a striker that needs crosses if he is to score goals.
    Assuming he wanted him
  • He has been on loan for two years. Unlikely to be under consideration. Needs to learn the physical side to English football but ball at his feet was more than decent.
  • Sponsored links:

I actually agree about Makienok - A good player if you play to his strengths. That involves coaching and tactics! Certainly playing him alone up front is a disaster!

Makienok was only signed, 18 months too late, because Duchatelet sold Yann and the laptop wankers finally figured out maybe they should get a big man in. Never mind that the manager didn't want to play a system that never suited his game.

This is the fundamental problem with their approach to recruitment. They wouldn't recognise a decent player if he bit them on the arse but nothing is joined up with how the manager wants the team to play or what players are required for the formation.
  • Not mentioned in the club statement about released players, so hasn't been paid off presumably and will either report back to us or go out on loan again!
  • Bye George like Reza you was shit, enjoy the bulgarian 4th division.
  • Cheers Roland lump us with your Network crap for us to pay off.
  • I take it they've paid up the rest of his contract?

Another hole in the budget that can't be spent on a new player.

You couldn't make it up.

• Contracted until 2017 so more season ticket money wasted in his pay off