Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucudean

Comments

• Options
    Igor's miss against Cardiff was ten times worse
  • Options
    Harriot's against Birmingham wasn't great but we won the three points in that one!
  • Options
    "Given time to adapt"

He would definitely score goals in league one if he's fit but as you can see from this thread he's been slotted on the "He's Shit " Catagory by the usual Charlton boo boys .

On what basis will he score goals in League One? He has a poor record wherever he has gone so why would that suddenly change? Also he never got any stick last season so not sure about the boo boy comment.

He is a typical network signing; a couple of flashes here and there of being decent but ultimately not very good (see Ba, Sarr, Makienok, Vetokele etc) Plus he has a penchant for diving which really bothers me.
  • Options
    The defenders are much slower and less skillful, although they are a bit more physical and refs let them get away with more. I think he could do well at that level.
  • Options
    Get kicked all over the place in league one. Happy to give him a crack but I hope we won't be relying on him.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    That would be my worry - he has the talent (above that level) but he will be kicked and the refs run games differently the lower you go. We will probably get targeted and kicked more than most and we will need players who can look after themselves too.
  • Options
    No thanks, not good enough.
  • Options
    Millwall great keeping to be fair. Would/could not have been worse than Igor last season.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Steaua București thought he was shit too.

Lets give em all a chance as we haven't seen enough of them.

Dmitrovic -Not shit, not as good as his competition.

Nego - yep shit.

Sarr - Shit with potential

Johnson - wasn't shit but is now.

Bergdich - shit df, alright winger.

Caballos - definitely can't say he's shit, not seen enough of him.

Le point - yep shit

Ba - shit

Reza - :heart: but not good strong enough

Polish Pete - can't tell you a thing.

Tucadean - not good but not shit.

Ok Le points gone but you get my drift.

Wow what an awful awful bunch of players

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Little evidence to think he'll do well in league 1. I know we've seen some rubbish this year but the poor George won't be good enough.
  • Options
    When we signed him I outted him as not good enough - he still wouldn't be at League One. He'd score a couple (as would any real professional striker) but he wouldn't be good enough for the League and plenty of the 90's he'd come out without a sniff.

Complete waste of money and proof that RD's master plan won't work - he spent a lot of money (more than he would be willing to pay for George Moncur or others) on this kid - and he is only good enough for the lower Romanian tiers which is played in parks across Romania.
  • Options

Ideal player-manager candidate I would have thought.

Already on the payroll, part of the network, knows where the Valley is and unlikely to attract the interest of anyone else.
  • Options
    The ongoing problem with Tucudean, Sarr, Ba, etc is that they are under contract.

They could be sold but in all honesty with the reputation they've made for themselves, who is going to pay good money for any of these guys.

They could go out on loan, but unless the new clubs pick up the whole of the wage bill, is there any benefit in this? Perhaps some of the younger players may enhance their reputations, hence giving them a value in the transfer market, but that's doubtful from what I've seen, read and heard of the majority of these no-hoer acquisitions.

Mutual termination of contracts is surely not viable as with the ridiculous length of some of these contracts it will be simply too expensive.

Of course we don't know the finer details of these contracts. Do any of them have relegation clauses with wage reductions or termination clauses? It's possible but knowing our CEO such clauses will appear in the contracts of the better players, allowing them to leave on a free (Vetokele?) or a reduced fee and we'll be stuck with Bergdich, Ceballos, Nego and Polish Pete.

It's depressing just looking at the list of shit players the board has wasted money on. I hope the 3000 crowd enjoy watching this bunch next season.
  • Options
    We are going to need a squad and they will be acceptable at the level we are playing at.
  • Options

How on earth can people call Ceballos a bad player? Doubt you've even seen him play for a total of 90 minutes.

And on the other hand what evidence is there he's a good player?

He's 23 and made 20 starts in his career, 15 them in Portugal.

I hope he has something to offer in League One but why didn't he even make the bench under Riga? It's not as if we had plenty of quality attacking midfielders in the team.
  • Options
    George was shipped off too early. Definitely something there but we need another clean sweep of the squad and anyone who does not want to be there can go.
  • Options
    When I saw him in preseason I thought he looked like he had something to offer, but I also did about Ba. Some players have that ability to show enough that you think there is more to follow and that will improve with games played. But when that glimmer of potential is all there is to them then they will never make it, so hopefully he finds a home elsewhere.

Not his fault, just another Roly cock up in a long list of transfer cock ups.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Same Tucadean who quite recently got two yellows within a minute. The rest of his team amassed 9 more yellows and 3 straight reds. Don't want a potential match fixer in the team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utKF2WfycxA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    For me this whole thread is a summation of why the set up at the Valley is a gross failure. We appoint ourselves for cheap foreign imports, yougsters and players on the point of retirement, then they barely get a chance. Peter Parsley will always be a summation of this, as he replaced an outstanding player and simply couldn't forcé his way into the academy set up, let alone the first team. Tucadean was forced to adapt to a new league, then to being a lone striker, then was shipped out. It's an old adage that a fool and his money are soon parted, but the player rotation we employ with our bargain basement shopping routine is eye wateringly expensive. Then KM turns up blubbering about Roland having spent 38 million at the Valley in two years. Sorry love, that's just the result of his trying to be a hands on owner in a business he knows nothing about.
    I think Tucadean could do a job for us next season. I don't know if his wages will fit in the Budget, of if he will consider league 1 below him, but he could consider this an oportunity to get to grips with the English game now. I imagine quite a few players will be asked to leave as we can't afford the wages but to be honest the table doesn't lie, we have VERY few players in the squad who can look at their performances for the last nine months and say they are too good for league 1. Frankly, they mostly owe us a season on reduced wages for having dumped us where we are, but I doubt too many of them will see spending a season helping us to get back up as being worth their while.
  • Options

For me this whole thread is a summation of why the set up at the Valley is a gross failure. We appoint ourselves for cheap foreign imports, yougsters and players on the point of retirement, then they barely get a chance. Peter Parsley will always be a summation of this, as he replaced an outstanding player and simply couldn't forcé his way into the academy set up, let alone the first team. Tucadean was forced to adapt to a new league, then to being a lone striker, then was shipped out. It's an old adage that a fool and his money are soon parted, but the player rotation we employ with our bargain basement shopping routine is eye wateringly expensive. Then KM turns up blubbering about Roland having spent 38 million at the Valley in two years. Sorry love, that's just the result of his trying to be a hands on owner in a business he knows nothing about.
    I think Tucadean could do a job for us next season. I don't know if his wages will fit in the Budget, of if he will consider league 1 below him, but he could consider this an oportunity to get to grips with the English game now. I imagine quite a few players will be asked to leave as we can't afford the wages but to be honest the table doesn't lie, we have VERY few players in the squad who can look at their performances for the last nine months and say they are too good for league 1. Frankly, they mostly owe us a season on reduced wages for having dumped us where we are, but I doubt too many of them will see spending a season helping us to get back up as being worth their while.

According to a "leaked" excel spread sheet yesterday on here. Tucc is on £3000 a week, which is one of the cheapest on our wage bill.
  • Options
    Didn't see much of him, but I did see the Cardiff game. I have to say it was one of the most outstanding centre forward performances I have ever seen from a player leading the line on his own. How he never scored that day I will never know. I said at the time, he reminded me very much of Mike Flanagan in his prime.
  • Options
    Dog shit just like the rest of RD's ideas...
  • Options
    MarkyE83 said:

Same Tucadean who quite recently got two yellows within a minute. The rest of his team amassed 9 more yellows and 3 straight reds. Don't want a potential match fixer in the team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utKF2WfycxA

If he's was trying to get deliberately sent off there, they were pathetic attempts.

If anyone was bent there it was the referee.
  • Options

I'd have him in League One no problem. To be honest Naby Sarr could be ok at that level too! Going with too many youngsters will be the big mistake as the old pros in that division will know how to stop inexperienced teams. We need to keep a few of our qulaity players too - failing to do so will be a false economy!

Agree, and agree too with other comments re: Makienok.

Problem all the imports have had is playing against a backdrop of managerial and coaching chaos, constant relegation battles and undersized playing squads at a club where it has never been quite clear, in some cases, how wanted they are.

As individuals none of them were actively bad or awful in my view (ducking behind the parapet now) certainly not compared with some of the real journeymen types we had in 2010 and 2011.

Loic Nego? At Videoton who finished as runners up in the Hungarian League and qualified for the Europa Cup.

Piotr Parzyszek? At De Graafschap, Netherlands Premier League and currently in the relegation play offs. They might still survive too: he's so far played 9 mainly as a sub and has scored 2. For Randers in Denmark earlier in the season he scored 3 in 10 in all competitions. So: 19 scoring 5 so far this season with a few games to go.

George Tucudean has played 23 and scored 5 in two separate loan spells in Romania this season. Personally don't think he would come back to the UK to play in the 3rd tier after spells in Europe playing at a pretty high level and representing his country.

If we had had decent sized squads and managerial stability since the take over all of these would have been ok as squad players at the very least and some - Reza and Mak - actually quite superior in my view. But we didn't and they mostly under achieved or got fed up with the club very quickly and we won't be seeing most of them in the future.
  • Options
    too soft in the Champ, would be a disaster in League One.
  • Options
    He would score lots of goals in league one!! Just have to look at Leon Clarke who's very good in this league why wouldn't Tucudean be any different??