Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My dodgy post

Dear all

I thought I could be clever a post a spread sheet, however, it appears to be beyond my limited tech terrorist abilities, so I tried to send it out on an old post, now I'm feeling really dumb.

If you can read it which apparently some people can (I bloody can't) the now very labored point I'm trying to make is even if we loose said players likely to leave the cost of settling contracts at even 50% of value will take a big chunk of change!

God I wish I hadn't bothered!

Comments

• Options
    I find it hard to believe we're paying those weekly wages in the Championship, for what are essentially League 1 players.
  • Options
    @LONGTIMEADDICKTED - are they your figures?
  • Options
    Don't worry, I bet it was really boring anyway. :smiley:
  • Options
    For all that are confused. This is what he was trying to post.

• Options
    Think you've over estimated a lot of those wages though.
  • Options

On knowledge or what they are worth the way they played this season
  • Options
    ross1 said:

On knowledge or what they are worth the way they played this season
    Average championship wage is around £6k.
    I'd be surprised if Cousins or Igor were on £12k.
  • Options
    I understand what you're trying to show, but several of those players we won't need to pay off, as they'll attract interest from other club anyway, e.g. Cousins, Lookman, JBG, Kashi, Tex, Bauer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has posted a very interested spread sheet in a very old post of 10 years ago.

I'm trying to upload it from there now myself but am unable. The screen shot is above.
  • Options
    Cant see THD being on 5k a week.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

He has posted a very interested spread sheet in a very old post of 10 years ago.

I'm trying to upload it from there now myself but am unable. The screen shot is above.

Sorry, but unless it's in a new thread I'm not going to understand I'm afraid.

I saw the thread title and was thinking that maybe someone's mail order bride had turned up!
  • Options
    Be very surprised if Beeney and Johnson were on the same money.
  • Options
    Fox surely can't be on the same as Jackson?

Naby Sarr on 7k is an absolute robbery if true.
  • Options

Johnson's at least £2k a week more than he's worth for starters.
  • Options
    Why is Sarr being paid?
  • Options
    Good exercise but the figures are about a third overstated IMO. The total wage bill in 2015 was £10.2m, which we know from the accounts.

There were 45 non-football staff at an average, let's say, of £25,000, which would account for £1.125m.

There were 121 matchday staff. Supposing they are paid an average of £50 for 23 matches that's another £150k, give or take.

There were 99 football staff (including academy and young players), of whom three quarters are not in the first team squad. Let's say the latter are on an average of £25k too, that's another £1.9m.

That gives you a first-team squad cost of around £7m (excluding on-costs), which I think is more likely.
  • Options
    Being a great believer in spreadsheets, I originally assumed these were actual figures, not speculation. Not worth the time I wasted downloading the file to be frank.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    i first read this as 'My Dodgy Past'

edit : Bournemouth beat me to it:smile:
  • Options

Good exercise but the figures are about a third overstated IMO. The total wage bill in 2015 was £10.2m, which we know from the accounts.

There were 45 non-football staff at an average, let's say, of £25,000, which would account for £1.125m.

There were 121 matchday staff. Supposing they are paid an average of £50 for 23 matches that's another £150k, give or take.

There were 99 football staff (including academy and young players), of whom three quarters are not in the first team squad. Let's say the latter are on an average of £25k too, that's another £1.9m.

That gives you a first-team squad cost of around £7m (excluding on-costs), which I think is more likely.

Looks like the solution to some kind of hypothetical conundrum or riddle. What's next to solve?

"A snail is at the bottom of a 30 foot well. Every hour the snail is able to climb up 3 feet, then immediately slide back down 2 feet. How many hours does it take for the snail to get out of the well?"
  • Options
    Urrrrr 100,800 seconds
  • Options

Looks like the solution to some kind of hypothetical conundrum or riddle. What's next to solve?

"A snail is at the bottom of a 30 foot well. Every hour the snail is able to climb up 3 feet, then immediately slide back down 2 feet. How many hours does it take for the snail to get out of the well?"
    About 3 hours less than Nobby Sarr.
  • Options
    I thought it was a follow up to the @razil fence decision thread.
  • Options

Perhaps it should read:

"Looks like the solution to some kind of hypothetical conundrum or riddle under Roland & Katrien. What's next season going to solve?

"A rubbish football team is at the bottom of a 24 team table. Every few games the rubbish football team is able to climb up 2 places, then immediately slide back down 1 place. How many seasons does it take for the rubbish football team to get out of League One?"

• Options
    Onlyme said:

Urrrrr 100,800 seconds

Is the right answer
  • Options

Onlyme said:

Urrrrr 100,800 seconds

Is the right answer
    Really, that was a lucky guess!