Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

£38 million price tag

This seems to be the amount bandied around for sale of the club. Looking at various threads it's what a possible consortium has offered. But just wondered where it's come from. Is it a hypothesis put forward as a total of Roly's purchase price and perceived investment (all be it loans), or is it an amount he has actually stated he would accept if the club were for sale, which he then states its not. If he quoted a price surely he would sell if offered. So I'm presuming its our best guess. Any one know any specifics?

Comments

• Options
    All nonsense. Club is not for sale.
  • Options
    Cant see that it is up for sale now. RD will only get close to getting his money back in Tier 2.That's what he'll be aiming for.
  • Options

This seems to be the amount bandied around for sale of the club. Looking at various threads it's what a possible consortium has offered. But just wondered where it's come from. Is it a hypothesis put forward as a total of Roly's purchase price and perceived investment (all be it loans), or is it an amount he has actually stated he would accept if the club were for sale, which he then states its not. If he quoted a price surely he would sell if offered. So I'm presuming its our best guess. Any one know any specifics?

Paul Elliott. Although the fact that's also the figure for Staprix loans in the accounts to June 30th, 2015, seems unlikely to be a coincidence.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay £38m in L1, however, and I don't think RD thinks that either.
  • Options
    So potentially the scenario could be that he waits until Xmas / New Year to see where we are in the league ... if it seems like we are not going to get out of the division at the first attempt, he will formally open negotiations with interested parties.

If he thinks there is a chance to go up, he will hold on to the end of the season in the hope of getting a higher price.

That's what I would do in his position, but I hope I'm wrong and he is going soon.
  • Options
    Well if he wants to do that he needs to ensure we have a decent manager and squad!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

So potentially the scenario could be that he waits until Xmas / New Year to see where we are in the league ... if it seems like we are not going to get out of the division at the first attempt, he will formally open negotiations with interested parties.

If he thinks there is a chance to go up, he will hold on to the end of the season in the hope of getting a higher price.

That's what I would do in his position, but I hope I'm wrong and he is going soon.

that's how I see it.

The only way I can see him going earlier is if someone offers him silly money (£40m +) or if he can't raise the money he expects from player sales to cover this year's losses.
  • Options

All nonsense. Club is not for sale.

For RD the club is always for sale if theres a profit in it.

• Options
    stonemuse said:

I have every confidence that under these inept *****ers we will be getting out of the division at the first attempt and will be playing Crewe and Cheltenham i 2017-8.

• Options
    I think what is also worth noting is whether this price tag includes the sale of the ground in any deal. Working from RD's previous business models it would suggest it is not. £38 million without any land is an absolutely incredibly high figure.
  • Options
    Shall we start a whip around?

I'll start £10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shall we start a whip around?

I'll start £10mill

That's extremely generous but we need 4 times that to buy the club and then we need to be able to cover ongoing losses.I think we need 10 of you!
  • Options
    Why £38m? I reckon Roly threw that number out through sheer frustration and anger at us the supporters. Its the exact age difference between himself and Nightmeire. Hes 69, shes 31. The number 38 haunts him....lol
  • Options
    Any buyer will be looking for a discount given what a shambles the club is in on and off the field, so he's going to do well to realise even the market rate let alone what daft figure he seems to think it's worth.

I wonder if he will continue to trust Squirrel Face enough to send her into the negotiations on his behalf?
  • Options

Why £38m? I reckon Roly threw that number out through sheer frustration and anger at us the supporters. Its the exact age difference between himself and Nightmeire. Hes 69, shes 31. The number 38 haunts him....lol

So that's why we always steered clear of promotion
  • Options
    £38 was the debt figure, it'll be nearer £50m now, hence the likelihood of a sale is the same as our relegation being overturned.
  • Options

Paul Elliott. Although the fact that's also the figure for Staprix loans in the accounts to June 30th, 2015, seems unlikely to be a coincidence.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay £38m in L1, however, and I don't think RD thinks that either.
    Is this the same Paul Elliott who gave his money to Rufus to invest?