Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V PORTSMOUTH .. Play Off Semi

Entertaining (so far) H M Dockyard Derby second leg in front of a big crowd. I suspect that either of these teams would have done us home and away this last season.

Very polite are the Pilgrims fans .. in retort to the Pompey fans chanting 'play up pompey, pompey play up' .. the Devonians are chanting: 'rhubarb rhubarb' .. rhubarb rhubarb' .. hahahaha

Comments

• Pilgrims win it 1-0 in the last minute of extra time .. I've backed them to win at Wembley but feel sorry for Pompey after a VERY competitive yet never dirty game .. a credit to 'lower league' football and a warning to us .. we need to improve 100% to get anywhere near success next season
  • Yep both teams put on a performance far better than anything we've produced over the last 10 months and this is league 2. Lots of work to be done this summer (if we can get any staff to do it!).
  • edited May 2016

Another half decent away game goes down the swanee

personaly I prefer Plymouth to Pompey as a city .. but a mere 350 miles from me .. still, it might well be Wimbledon for an away day, or even Accy Stanley .. Green Aarrrrmeeee ((:>)
  • I thought the lack of quality in both sides, particularly offensively was glaring. Pompey defending in the last few minutes was a poor as you are ever likely to find - wrong decision taken 95% of the time.
  • I thought the lack of quality in both sides, particularly offensively was glaring. Pompey defending in the last few minutes was a poor as you are ever likely to find - wrong decision taken 95% of the time.

lol .. you are a very hard man to please ((:>)
  • edited May 2016
    I don't think so - the first leg was much better. If I am watching professionals, I just expect a little bit of quality. The game was typified by the header that hit the post at the end - should have scored, should have been marked etc... etc...
  • My dad was Cornish and a lot of my family live in Plymouth, I was always dragged to Home Park whenever visiting as a kid, consequently, Argyle are my second club. YOU JANNERS.
  • edited May 2016
    I have always looked at the potential and passion down there and wondered why they are always so lowly. The fans clearly deserve better. Still, we might need to get used to this level of failure over decades in future. I genuinely hope they can make an overdue push upwards.
  • My dad was Cornish and a lot of my family live in Plymouth, I was always dragged to Home Park whenever visiting as a kid, consequently, Argyle are my second club. YOU JANNERS.

what is your Dad being Cornish got to do with it?
  • Sponsored links:

• I have always looked at the potential and passion down there and wondered why they are always so lowly.

They find it hard to attract players, as it's so rural.
  • Another half decent away game goes down the swanee

Oh, I don't know, AFKA. One more push by Green Army at Wembley - and I can get to see Charlton play just 1 hours travelling time from where I live.

• Off_it said:

Oggy Red said:

Oh, I don't know, AFKA. One more push by Green Army at Wembley - and I can get to see Charlton play just 1 hours travelling time from where I live.

Phew, good job we got relegated then!

Just desperately searching for a silver lining, Offy.

Argyle would only beat us, anyway.
    Then I wouldn't be able to walk down my village street to post a letter without getting the piss ripped out of me.

• Oggy Red said:

Off_it said:

Oggy Red said:

Phew, good job we got relegated then!

Just desperately searching for a silver lining, Offy.

Argyle would only beat us, anyway.
    Then I wouldn't be able to walk down my village street to post a letter without getting the piss ripped out of me.

Was at the match close to pompey fans. They really got behind their team as you would expect from them.
    Katrien would have been upset for all the mothers in the ground. Much more swearing than you get at Charlton.

Thought the argyle attacks were very profligate. Should have had many more attempts on target.

I was comparing the standard with us this season and I thought that we looked better than these teams towards the end of the season but of course it will be a totally different Charlton squad next season again so makes true comparison impossible.

It was interesting to note a wall of helmeted police were needed at the end of the match also loads of dogs.

I'd rather a weekend away in sunny Devon myself
  • Watched it in pub in Pompey - sick as a pig when Plymouth scored - as it means i'll have to wait another season for a 'home' match.
  • Watched it in pub in Pompey - sick as a pig when Plymouth scored - as it means i'll have to wait another season for a 'home' match.

Same here, I live in Portchester!

All 4 are decent IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

He was also a Plymouth supporter and a lot of their fan base is in Cornwall. Sorry for not making that abundantly clear previously but I'm sure most lifers would have got the geographical link.
  • My mate supports Pompey so I'm a bit gutted we won't be playing them
  • 'Home' game for me too (if they go up).

• Plymouth is pretty much on the mouth of the River Tamar, the boundary between Devon and Cornwall .. Cornwall does not have an FL club but is big on Rugby Union

My dad was Cornish and a lot of my family live in Plymouth, I was always dragged to Home Park whenever visiting as a kid, consequently, Argyle are my second club. YOU JANNERS.

He was also a Plymouth supporter and a lot of their fan base is in Cornwall. Sorry for not making that abundantly clear previously but I'm sure most lifers would have got the geographical link.

Feck me, they sold (out) Majorca to the Germans, now they've moved Cornwall to Spain !

• Plymouth is pretty much on the mouth of the River Tamar, the boundary between Devon and Cornwall .. Cornwall does not have an FL club but is big on Rugby Union

My dad was Cornish and a lot of my family live in Plymouth, I was always dragged to Home Park whenever visiting as a kid, consequently, Argyle are my second club. YOU JANNERS.

And you can buy proper Cornish Paaaasties at Argyle.

Feck me, they sold (out) Majorca to the Germans, now they've moved Cornwall to Spain !
    Well Spain is skint so everything is up for sale.
  • Oggy Red said:

Plymouth is pretty much on the mouth of the River Tamar, the boundary between Devon and Cornwall .. Cornwall does not have an FL club but is big on Rugby Union

Pilgrim Pasties ;)
  • Oggy Red said:

Plymouth is pretty much on the mouth of the River Tamar, the boundary between Devon and Cornwall .. Cornwall does not have an FL club but is big on Rugby Union

Devon do our own pasties thank you very much.
    I bet you get the jam and the cream the wrong way around too.

• Devon pasties, eh? Doesn't have much of a ring to the name , does it?
    And now you can't even call them Cornish Paaasties, unless they're made in Cornwall.

Cornish cream tea - jam first then a great big dollop of Cornish clotted cream.
    Got to be better than a scone and Devon margarine.

Even your flag is the wrong colour.

;o)